PDA

View Full Version : Rear sets

Spamvader808
12-07-2018, 12:29 AM
Does anyone know if Grom rear sets will fit the boom Vader. mahalos

RedCrowRides
12-07-2018, 06:47 AM
I'm not sure if either the OEM Grom ones will fit or which aftermarket ones might, hopefully someone will post who has more info- the chassis mounting points look the same ,the issue is Groms use a linkage style shifter where the China bikes use a standard shifter , that's the only potential complication I am aware of and I assume that might be able to be sorted out by making some sort of spacer if needed . I had planned to order a set of aftermarket rearsets from EBay to try to mount , https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fit-HONDA-GROM-MSX125-2012-2013-2014-2015-Adjust-Rearsets-Footpeg-Footrest-Pedal/272942309387?hash=item3f8ca1200b:rk:25:pf:0&var but before I could make the Order we got " Hurricane Michael'd" here and now I can no longer afford to make the order. If you look at the picture you can see these have the Grom shifter mounted , but it does look like you could just remove it by disassembling that part ,taking it off then putting it back together and then using your original shifter.

You might try to contact Kronik Racing out in Cali and see if they know if the Grom rearsets will fit, they sell Vaders and also a lot of Race parts and they do modify them also, so I'd guess they would have a good idea of what you can use because breaking a rearset in a crash is pretty common on a Grom or a Vader.

wlfpck
12-07-2018, 09:00 AM
If you are fitting the Grom (OG) ones on the Grom (OG) clone, it should fit. People have done it on the facebook groups.

I believe the Grom SF rear set will also fit because people that run a Dax exhaust either grab a Grom SF rear set or they use something to hang the exhaust muffler from the rear set.

Spamvader808
12-07-2018, 01:25 PM
Awsome thank you I'll order a set and have b4 and after pix