PDA

View Full Version : Performance upgrades for the CSC SG250?

ChopperCharles
12-08-2018, 02:07 AM
I'm considering buying the CSC SG250 next year, and I'm wondering what performance mods are available for it. It's a very low compression motor to pass CARB... and I'm sure there are some more ponies to unlock. Before I go chasing performance, are there any kits or a list of what has worked for this motor before?

It's a 229cc OHV (pushrod) mill. I was thinking to start with a port/polish and deck the head, and see where that gets me, before seeing if there's a larger jug and piston that can be bolted on. Not sure if there's a cat in the exhaust, but obviously a new exhaust and intake will happen as well. Just curious what can be done with this motor.

Charles.

RedCrowRides
12-08-2018, 08:16 AM
Try checking the Hawk Mods threads in the Dual Sport / Enduro tab, I'm fairly certain the Hawk uses the same 229cc engine and there are tons of threads there about carbs,heads, etc. Also exhausts but due to the differences in the frames / type of Bike that probably won't help much for a SG250 so maybe someone here on the Street Forum can give a link to some aftermarket exhaust they have found that will fit.

culcune
12-08-2018, 01:49 PM
With Chinese bikes, you want to start with the carb and the exhaust, and if necessary, the gearing (many of the enduros have 50+ tooth rear sprockets, and 15 or 16 tooth countersprockets, including the SG's cousin, the TT250 which has a 17 tooth/50 tooth from stock, but my guess is the SG has street oriented gearing from stock). RedCrowRides is correct that the engine is similar to the Hawk, but is directly related to the TT250, so search for threads on that bike, but as far as basic general external mods, you will plenty of material to wade through for the Hawk.

Barnone
12-09-2018, 09:27 AM
That is the Honda CG125 motor increased to 229cc. It is called CG250 and also 167fmm. Probably why CSC calls the bike SG250. Some carb and exhaust might help it a bit. Has a catalytic converter somewhere in the exhaust. Has an air injection system which can be removed to cleanup the engine but will yield no performance gain.

mtiberio
07-31-2022, 08:30 AM
Anyone know the stock sprocket sizes on the 2022 SG250?
Is the rear sprocket the same as the TT250?
Will a front 17 fit with the stock unstretched chain?