PDA

View Full Version : New WI Hawk Owner

LakeSuperiorRider
12-20-2018, 11:09 PM
Hello everyone. I live in northern WI near the Apostle islands. I was lucky enough to grow up right on the edge of the Chequeman National Forest which is loaded with trails and places to explore. My first dirt bike was a 50cc Suzuki that I used to explore on and I moved up from there so I am not new to riding. Over the past 15 years or so I have been riding streed bikes and all my off road fun is on ATV's. I have been wanting to get back into off road with a dual sport and thats when I came across the Hawk.

I have had my Hawk for about 3 weeks now and only have been able to ride it around my property in the snow. I have started on some of the basic mods such as tuning the stock carb and opening up the air box. I wan't to thank everyone on this forum and everyone who puts out all the great youtube videos on how to work out the bugs on these things. I have done my fair share of working on bikes but it sure helps to know exactly what main jet size to start with and where to buy parts. Thanks everyone and keep it coming!

Megadan
12-21-2018, 03:13 AM
Hello everyone. I live in northern WI near the Apostle islands. I was lucky enough to grow up right on the edge of the Chequeman National Forest which is loaded with trails and places to explore. My first dirt bike was a 50cc Suzuki that I used to explore on and I moved up from there so I am not new to riding. Over the past 15 years or so I have been riding streed bikes and all my off road fun is on ATV's. I have been wanting to get back into off road with a dual sport and thats when I came across the Hawk.

I have had my Hawk for about 3 weeks now and only have been able to ride it around my property in the snow. I have started on some of the basic mods such as tuning the stock carb and opening up the air box. I wan't to thank everyone on this forum and everyone who puts out all the great youtube videos on how to work out the bugs on these things. I have done my fair share of working on bikes but it sure helps to know exactly what main jet size to start with and where to buy parts. Thanks everyone and keep it coming!

Welcome to the club! :hi:

You are definitely on the right track in fine tuning the Hawk and taking the time to iron out the kinks. They aren't bad bikes, just not perfect out of the box.

cheesy
12-21-2018, 07:14 AM
:hi:Hey, another cheesehead. Hiya!

JerryHawk250
12-21-2018, 07:34 AM
:hi: Welcome aboard. Glad you could join us.

Pathfinders
12-21-2018, 08:05 AM
Welcome to the site. Half of the fun is had in the garage the other half outside the garage.

Weldangrind
12-21-2018, 12:16 PM
Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

LakeSuperiorRider
12-21-2018, 08:09 PM
Agreed that half the fun is in the garage. Or in my case in the frigid north the fun sometimes moves into the kitchen during the winter. At least until I get my shop insulated anyway. Lucky for me I have a very understanding wife.

toomanybulletss
12-22-2018, 11:36 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

Jeff46
01-09-2019, 06:46 PM
Welcome fellow Cheese head I have been in Texas for way too long but I missed my roots and the forest.