PDA

View Full Version : hello

n00bster
12-31-2018, 03:24 PM
my brother just bought a quad and the four wheeler bug has bitten me. looking around the internet found chinese quads and looks a perfect for my budget and skill set.

now would like to get to know more about the chinese quad market before i commit and this forum looks most busy compared to others.

Megadan
01-01-2019, 04:39 AM
Welcome! I am not big into the quads myself (big bike guy), but there are some very knowledgeable guys on here that can definitely point you in the right direction.

Emerikol
01-02-2019, 06:22 AM
Welcome to the Forum!

Weldangrind
01-02-2019, 12:26 PM
Welcome! I've had two China sport quads for about 12 years now, and I love them. I just bought some rims with paddles for another run at Sand Lake in Oregon his year, with any luck.

Craig71959
01-04-2019, 06:33 AM
Hey , my name is Craig Decker looking to get back into riding on a budget.
Choosing a bike any suggestions

Southwest F.L . Looking for a bike offroad only checking out apollo ,Taotao, Orion not sure how to decide manufacturer and size. I am 6' 165lbs looking for a fun bike small jumps,dirt & sand riding. Skill level med. Any suggestions for size and manufacturer ? Looking for a budget bike and some quality.

Megadan
01-04-2019, 06:36 AM
Hey , my name is Craig Decker looking to get back into riding on a budget.
Choosing a bike any suggestions

Southwest F.L . Looking for a bike offroad only checking out apollo ,Taotao, Orion not sure how to decide manufacturer and size. I am 6' 165lbs looking for a fun bike small jumps,dirt & sand riding. Skill level med. Any suggestions for size and manufacturer ? Looking for a budget bike and some quality.

The best people to ask would likely be the Dirt Only crowd. The real question comes down to what kind of budget are you working with. There are quite a few decent options out there.

n00bster
01-04-2019, 04:50 PM
think i may be converted to dual sport/enduro which ever it is considered.

JerryHawk250
01-04-2019, 04:55 PM
Funny, This is how I ended up with a Hawk. I was looking a 4 wheelers then saw the Hawk for a few hundred less. I figured I would get more use out of the Hawk than the 4 wheeler.

Megadan
01-04-2019, 10:10 PM

Technically speaking, we have dual sport motorcycles. Bikes that are designed for both off road and street duty - with all of the road legal trimmings.

An Enduro is actually a Motocross race bike that has been fitted with a larger fuel tank, skid plates, and often redesigned or detuned race engines for reliability that compete in endurance racing. They sometimes come with street gear (headlight/tail light), but don't necessarily have to.

The lines get blurred a little bit because as a whole, both bikes are built with a lot of the same hardware and design premise - be off road capable while also having long term reliability. The only real difference is the built-in road legality.

Obviously, bikes like our Hawk/TT250/Bashans etc. aren't really meant to be race bikes. They are fun for trail riding, but equally at home as a commuter bike around town. I like to consider them as more crossing the line between a dirt bike and an ADV bike.