PDA

View Full Version : Sinking ship brings a new member onboard

Buyingchina
02-19-2008, 12:53 AM
Hi all, my name is Buyingchina. My reason for joining is to help others that share my enthusiasm for China ATV's and motorcycles in the 200cc to 250cc range, and to learn from the more experienced members. My previous home became uninhabitable, and my search for more suitable quarters brought me to this forum. My current project is setting up a Lifan 200 sports bike tagged as a Gallata GRX200. I will be needing help and I am willing to share my previous experiences with this bike, and also the experience that brought me to this forum.

Best regards, Buyingchina

Lifanrider
02-19-2008, 01:38 AM
welcome aboard! grab a pale and get to work..hehe

AZ200cc
02-19-2008, 12:06 PM
welcome welcome

culcune
02-19-2008, 12:56 PM
Welcome to here!

My previous home became uninhabitable, and my search for more suitable quarters brought me to this forum.

What previous "home" are you referring?

almonpoole
02-19-2008, 12:58 PM
He is talking about my forum that I have decided to pull the plug on, the site, videos, photos and parts page will stay up but the forum is going away on March 1st 2008.

Thanks,

Almon

Buyingchina
02-19-2008, 01:36 PM
Almon, Thanks For your post. All those watching will agree as members that both of us can do posting.
What I don't understand is why you would answer a question that appears to
have been asked of me?
Why are you "monitoring" the movement of your ex-members like me, since one of your reasons for shutting down your own forum was lack of time?
Come on...get real man...you answered the previous post within 2 minutes?

culcune
02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
..sorry to bring up bad feelings!!

AZ200cc
02-19-2008, 01:55 PM
This is a great site because everyone works to get along and help each other. No drama needed.

Buyingchina
02-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Hi culcune, Na, its okay, what Almon is attempting to do would happen sooner or later. Its nothing more than "damage control" by a very clever fellow indeed.
Once he feels a sense of accomplishment or boredom, he will go away. but not before he has the last word! :D

frostbite
02-19-2008, 02:07 PM
...its okay, what Almon is attempting to do would happen sooner or later. Its nothing more than "damage control" by a very clever fellow indeed.
Once he feels a sense of accomplishment or boredom, he will go away. but not before he has the last word!

Take it outside. If you (plural) have a problem on another forum that's too bad but don't bring it here.

Lifanrider
02-19-2008, 02:08 PM
This type of drama could really bring a lot of new people to the forum. Im not being a jerk, I am serious. The internets love drama.

frostbite
02-19-2008, 02:38 PM
This type of drama could really bring a lot of new people to the forum. Im not being a jerk, I am serious. The internets love drama.

If they come for the 'drama' I don't want them here. This site is about riding and maintaining Chinese bikes. Period.

Buyingchina
02-19-2008, 02:52 PM
Hi Frostbite, I would like to begin helping by putting up posts with photos about basic maintenance, adjustments and minor modifications. I did begin this process previously, but unfortunately most of about 10 posts are now lost so I'll just start all over again. Can you point me in the rite direction as i am new to computer's and forum use.

Thanks, Buyingchina

culcune
02-19-2008, 02:56 PM
Put them up in the appropriate "stickys", and if there is not one, create a gallery to upload to.

katoranger
02-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Welcome to the forum. Please share your experience's with you china bike.

Allen

Buyingchina
02-19-2008, 03:25 PM
Thanks. I will look for the stickies you mentioned
How do I fix the problem of this page being 50% wider than my screen?

almonpoole
02-19-2008, 03:32 PM
No drama from me Frostbite, I'm still trying to figure out what I did wrong 8O

Almon

Lifanrider
02-19-2008, 05:28 PM
In any case, the info at lifan-moto is very valuable and the posts there and here were HUGE factors in my deciding to purchase. I personally think Almon and others from lifan-moto (I would bet many of us cruise both sites) can contribute a lot to this forum. all differences aside, we share a common interest and that should outweigh any negativity. inexpensive fun is what is all about for me...for others its the freedom to tinker.

I am sorry I didn't take the time to welcome you earlier Almon. Stick around and share your knowledge..please..because there are noobs like me that need every bit of info we can get.

almonpoole
02-19-2008, 05:31 PM
Hey Lifanrider!

Anything I can do to help just ask, and that goes for all members here, and I'll be glad to do so.:D

Thanks,

Almon

liverchip
02-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Welcome guys. Lots of good info here!

ejcycles
02-23-2008, 09:38 AM
Hi Buyingchina

Welcome to ChinaRiders!!!
We welcome all the help we get from everyone. As Frostbite said we don't do "Drama", but we do encourage Fun here!!! Even if it's me that's getting ripped upon / made fun of !!! :lol: Heck I love it it keeps me young!

Buyingchina
02-23-2008, 03:57 PM
Hi ejcycles

Truly a warm welcome, thank you!!!

I'm glad to see your support since I am a "Grayfan" owner. :lol:

Fun is what it's all about, maybe a trick or two.

Watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat!!! :D

kczukiman
02-23-2008, 04:35 PM
Welcome buying china.I have seen your posts on other ATV sights and you have been very curtiouse and willing to help members with their problems you will truly be an asset to this forum.Thanks for joining.

Buyingchina
02-23-2008, 04:51 PM
Thanks, Its good to hear from you. Your were helping lots of the new owners too! But If you need any help just drop me a PM

Best regards, Buyingchina

IronFist
02-28-2008, 12:29 PM
This is the only bike site I've ever joined. I started with the best :D . Since getting my honda I've looked for cool, dedicated vintage sites, but if I just need a simple bike question answered, nothing beats this site, not even my local bike shop. I'm glad Frosty carries a big stick and reads everything. Welcome Buyingchina :D and almonpoole :D I'm one of the members who does need the experience of others so thanks for joining. 8)

katoranger
02-28-2008, 01:25 PM
N2R, your bike is closely related to alot of these china bikes.
It is a good simple bike so common problem solving works.

Allen