It’s got a balance shaft thi

goat67
01-26-2019, 07:58 AM
Still only a CG in a fancy looking dress
Still just a basic cheap frame motor etc
USD forks and all things look good but it’s a show
At $2200 would be ok but it’s still all just like the others etc
It’s got a balance shaft thi

Why do you always bash these bikes? The quality of the Bashan is a little bit better than others, but regardless of that it is still a bike made in China.
I did not expect it to be the best or greatest but at 1600.00 to my door I was happy.

So I have spent a bunch on upgrades and changes. Why because I like to work on them and it is fun.

If you had any business sense you would be targeting the owners of these bikes by providing the parts that we want, like maybe say a new clutch kit to improve the stock one. Or oil cooler kits etc.

So as I was told growing up if you do not have something positive to say keep your mouth shut.

Its_not_a_honda
01-26-2019, 09:07 AM
No matter what's underneath....It is a cool looking bike!

Megadan
01-26-2019, 11:30 AM
I am liking this bike more and more...

I have been eyeballing the DB-47 too. It would make a much better commuter bike thank my Hawk, and would allow me to leave more aggressive tires and gearing on it for off road adventures. I have no problems with owning two variations of the same bike lol.

Megadan
01-26-2019, 11:31 AM
Why do you always bash these bikes? The quality of the Bashan is a little bit better than others, but regardless of that it is still a bike made in China.
I did not expect it to be the best or greatest but at 1600.00 to my door I was happy.

So I have spent a bunch on upgrades and changes. Why because I like to work on them and it is fun.

If you had any business sense you would be targeting the owners of these bikes by providing the parts that we want, like maybe say a new clutch kit to improve the stock one. Or oil cooler kits etc.

So as I was told growing up if you do not have something positive to say keep your mouth shut.

:thanks::clap::clap::clap::clap:

roundhouse
01-28-2019, 07:33 AM
Looks cool. Is that the stuck can on the exhaust?

wheelbender6
01-28-2019, 09:47 PM
I like the cast wheels. Maybe not the best for off-roading, but they make it look more expensive.

culcune
01-28-2019, 11:42 PM
Looks cool. Is that the stuck can on the exhaust?

I am guessing it is. Sounds healthy, either way!

PaiN
01-29-2019, 08:20 AM
.and the vid has cool music...that's got to count for something :hmm:

Megadan
01-29-2019, 03:44 PM
I like the cast wheels. Maybe not the best for off-roading, but they make it look more expensive.

I honestly wouldn't even consider this an off road bike beyond a dirt road in the country. This is a road bike wearing ADV clothing lol.

JerryHawk250
02-04-2019, 09:46 AM
I have been eyeballing the DB-47 too. It would make a much better commuter bike thank my Hawk, and would allow me to leave more aggressive tires and gearing on it for off road adventures. I have no problems with owning two variations of the same bike lol.
Dan, you might want to look at this one instead. They claim top speed of 75 mph. I've watched a few videos with top speed from 126 kph (78mph) to 146 kph (90mph) I don't know how accurate the speedometers are but pretty impressive for a 200cc engine. Looks like a good Hawk engine transplant. http://shopapmc.com/New-American-Lifan-KPR200-Racing--Fuel-Injected--Water-Cooled--6-Speed-Manual-Motorcycle--Shipping-Not-Included-Free-Shipping-Quote-available-online_p_58.html

Megadan
02-04-2019, 02:01 PM
Dan, you might want to look at this one instead. They claim top speed of 75 mph. I've watched a few videos with top speed from 126 kph (78mph) to 146 kph (90mph) I don't know how accurate the speedometers are but pretty impressive for a 200cc engine. Looks like a good Hawk engine transplant. http://shopapmc.com/New-American-Lifan-KPR200-Racing--Fuel-Injected--Water-Cooled--6-Speed-Manual-Motorcycle--Shipping-Not-Included-Free-Shipping-Quote-available-online_p_58.html

The issue is my height. The KPR looks like a great bike, but I doubt I would be comfortable on it. One of the reason I like the Hawk style bikes is that I fit on them quite comfortably. I believe the top speed. Aerodynamics make a huge difference on that top speed.

Emerikol
02-06-2019, 04:53 AM

That's the spirit, Dan! More motorcycles is always the answer! :clap:

culcune
02-06-2019, 06:48 PM
That's the spirit, Dan! More motorcycles is always the answer! :clap:

Not suggesting you buy one; someone on the comments on the above youtube video said he went home and ordered the CR250 after seeing it at a Mesa, AZ dealership in person. If you have time, and the guy responds which dealer, perhaps you can see one in person and compare it to your Hawk.

Edit: it is Advanti Auto in Mesa or Advanti Motorsports.

DarthBaliKing
07-30-2019, 02:29 PM
I just bought one of these Bashan 250 motorcycles last week. The dealer I bought it from set it up for me. The manual is vary sparse when it comes to information. This is my first actual motorcycle and I'm learning to ride on this. I got it back home from the dealership and noticed the gear information doesn't show up. It says in the manual it's supposed to be displayed on the righthand side. When I'm out riding the information doesn't show up. It shows at the top of the screen when I'm in Nuetral but it never displays any other gear. Is this normal or did the dealer not hook up something correctly?

JerryHawk250
07-31-2019, 07:59 AM
I just bought one of these Bashan 250 motorcycles last week. The dealer I bought it from set it up for me. The manual is vary sparse when it comes to information. This is my first actual motorcycle and I'm learning to ride on this. I got it back home from the dealership and noticed the gear information doesn't show up. It says in the manual it's supposed to be displayed on the righthand side. When I'm out riding the information doesn't show up. It shows at the top of the screen when I'm in Nuetral but it never displays any other gear. Is this normal or did the dealer not hook up something correctly?
Check the connections both at the engine and cluster to make sure they are locked in place. The connector at the engine is a 6 pin usually green connector located on the left side near the sprocket cover. With that said you did mention that the neutral light is working. That wire is in that same harness so could be in the cluster. Contact the dealer you bought it from and let them know about the issue.

2LZ
07-31-2019, 03:23 PM
I'm just glad it has a full power engine!

culcune
07-31-2019, 04:21 PM
I'm just glad it has a full power engine!

Much better than a half-powered engine! :tup: :lmao:

DarthBaliKing
10-03-2019, 08:56 PM
I've got the issue with the gears not showing showing up taken care of. The headlight on this bike is very dim. I'm looking to get a replacement for it but not sure what bulb I need Or How to even get access to it so I can take it into a shop and ask. Does anyone here know what kind of bulb I'd need? Or at least how I can take the bike apart to get access to it?

Sko_moto
02-26-2020, 06:54 PM
I'd say this thing looks like an Aprilia Dorsoduro! Maybe not the best for off road but it'd make one hell of a commute bike. And DAMN it looks good!
Next we need fuel injection and water cooled engine!

culcune
02-26-2020, 09:08 PM
It still shows up on Bashan's group EPA/DOT certificate, but not sure if any new ones will make their way here. It would be interesting with a liquid-cooled/FI engine like the fairly common and proven NC250 as found in the RX3 and several other bikes nowadays.