PDA

View Full Version : Vm22 jets

Shaggy5991
02-05-2019, 01:56 PM
Putting a vm22 on my Hellcat for you that have a vm22 what jets worked best? I know its different for each just want to get a base to start as the carb needs removed change jets

Du_you_copy?
02-05-2019, 06:39 PM
Don't bother ordering jet kits until you receive the actual carb itself...these fake Mikunis all run different pilot & main jets it seems. Once you have the VM22 in hand you can measure and figure out the jetting you need. Jetsrus.com is a good place to order from, very consistent. The amazon jet kits aren't all made precisely...

That being said Shaggy, I'm in NYC, elevation of 33 ft., and I ran the 38 pilot jet (came with one but got a better quality one off jetsrus) and a 120 main jet. That was with high flow air intake/airbox delete mod & an AR Aodonly low mount exhaust. Clip in middle position. Hope that helps!

Hellkitty
02-05-2019, 09:01 PM
On my Hellcat Im running a vm22 with a 110 main jet, 38 pilot, air/fuel screw 1.5 turns out. I'm running the stock intake but I did Dremel a taper on the carb side to match the carb so the air funnels into the intake. I'm using a pod filter and a Taiwan Yosh muffler hooked up the the stock head pipe with the cat. If you use the stock intake you can use the stock air box with the vm22 without modification. I like this setup because you can splash through water without worries about sucking water into the carb with a pod filter. I put a different fuel tank on mine and had to remove the air box to make it fit, so I use a pod filter. My bike runs perfect with this setup.

My Hellcat probably looks a little different than yours

Shaggy5991
02-06-2019, 11:18 AM
thank you guys, Your bike looks amazing. I have an R6 as well that ive rebuilt but dont have allot of carb experience. Unfortunately I did order a set of main jets on Amazon ill keep my fingers crossed. Think ill start with a 110 with the pod filter Hoping it comes with a 38 pilot like your did didnt even think about that.

Shaggy5991
02-06-2019, 11:36 AM
On my Hellcat Im running a vm22 with a 110 main jet, 38 pilot, air/fuel screw 1.5 turns out. I'm running the stock intake but I did Dremel a taper on the carb side to match the carb so the air funnels into the intake. I'm using a pod filter and a Taiwan Yosh muffler hooked up the the stock head pipe with the cat. If you use the stock intake you can use the stock air box with the vm22 without modification. I like this setup because you can splash through water without worries about sucking water into the carb with a pod filter. I put a different fuel tank on mine and had to remove the air box to make it fit, so I use a pod filter. My bike runs perfect with this setup.

My Hellcat probably looks a little different than yours

Hellkitty do you have a link or info on the exhaust you have i would like to put a slip on on the stock pipe like this. Does it just slip and bolt on if so do the Grom slip ons fit?

Hellkitty
02-06-2019, 08:58 PM
Hellkitty do you have a link or info on the exhaust you have i would like to put a slip on on the stock pipe like this. Does it just slip and bolt on if so do the Grom slip ons fit?

The exhaust I bought is no longer available from the ebay seller I bought it from. It was a complete exhaust for a 2015 Grom but it didnt fit on my Hellcat, so I kept the stock headpipe and cut the exhaust I bought so that it slipped over the stock headpipe. Exhaust systems made for Groms wont work with the Hellcat. I would start a new thread on here asking for suggestions.

This adaptor might work but i cant be 100% sure. 51mm mufflers are easy to find.

https://www.amazon.com/Baosity-Exhaust-Muffler-MSX125-2013-2015/dp/B07JHG1P6H/ref=sr_1_63?ie=UTF8&qid=1549502162&sr=8-63&keywords=honda+grom+exhaust

Shaggy5991
02-06-2019, 10:52 PM
Thank you, I had a bad start on my Hellcat but this forum has helped allot still have no idea with the gas gauge but it should be road worthy soon.

scoot newb
03-09-2019, 03:54 PM
Which VM22 are you guys getting? I have seen some that are 22mm and others 26.

Thanks

RedCrowRides
03-09-2019, 09:23 PM
The Mikuni VM22 carb designation is the mikuni "model number", the actual carb throat measurement where it connects to the intake manifold measures 26mm.,maybe that is where the confusion comes in .A lot of people say they are running a 26mm carb ,and don't say it's a VM22 , or say it's a VM22 and don't mention it actually measures 26mm at the manifold "hole". Dont ask me why Mikuni ever called it a VM22 to begin with when the dimension that matters is actually 26MM ,but that's how it is ,at least in every one of them i have seen.