PDA

View Full Version : Chinariders rally?

ChopperCharles
02-12-2019, 01:05 AM
It'd be fun to have a get together for Chinese bike owners. Somewhere on the East Coast perhaps? There's good riding around Asheville. Tail of the Dragon if you want. Blue Ridge Motorcycle Campground is a good destination. So is Two Wheels Only in northern Georgia. We should plan a rally!

Charles.

Weldangrind
02-12-2019, 11:25 PM
Man, I wish I was closer.

Its_not_a_honda
02-13-2019, 05:03 AM
Wow. I have lived in NC my whole life and have never heard of Tail of the Dragon! Sounds like a great ride.

Huck369
02-13-2019, 07:17 AM
I host a Subaru Alcyone Meet at the Dragon every June.......I'd be down for that, as long as I was available at the time.....we usually stay at Fontana Village Resort, but yeah, the campgrounds that specialize in motorcycles would be more fitting :)

Alpha Reign
02-13-2019, 07:35 AM
I would be down to do the Tail of the Dragon. But if we are doing East Coast, we should also do one on the West Coast too.

Alpha Reign
02-13-2019, 08:53 AM
Also I think it would be cool to do on and off road rides in the future.

JerryHawk250
02-13-2019, 10:50 AM
Wow. I have lived in NC my whole life and have never heard of Tail of the Dragon! Sounds like a great ride.
318 curves in 11 miles:yay: https://tailofthedragon.com/

ChopperCharles
02-13-2019, 01:00 PM
Yeah, it's kind of a circus on the weekends. Lots of bikes and often a heavy enforcement by TN's finest, but during the week it's a total hoot. Also, there are photographers on many of the turns, and you can buy photos of yourself riding... or crashing, if you're spending too much attention hot-dogging it for the cameras!

It's a fun place and while the Dragon is a must-do at least once, there are hundreds of astounding roads in the area to ride.

Charles.

Sport Rider
02-13-2019, 03:25 PM
you really don't want to go there to ride the TOTD on chinabikes unless you're talking about street versions. since speed limits are tightly controlled, riding the dragon then would be good. However, there are lots of forest service roads for the enduro crowd too. if it's not too pricey, I'd suggest staying at Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge. My Concours group stays there when we go each summer.

MDStroup
03-14-2019, 12:09 AM
I am in Virginia, i wouldn't mind a group ride when i finally get something.

culcune
03-15-2019, 04:48 PM
I just noticed on the Chinabikes North America page, Steve Seidner, owner of CSC, posted about a CSC rally in Moab, Utah. I am guessing other brands are allowed because he wrote they are bringing a 2020 RX4 for demo rides. I am on my phone and don't know how to link, but I am sure the rally is mentioned directly on CSC's site.