PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Hellcat 16t, 25mm carb and MPH speedo?

scoot newb
03-08-2019, 05:01 AM
Hello,

I was reading around and some say Hellcats now come with a 16t front sprocket and 25mm carb. Can anyone confirm this is true on the 2019 models?

Owners of the 2018's say the speedos are defective and only display in km/h. Is the 2019 able to display in MPH?

RedCrowRides
03-09-2019, 09:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the issue with the speedo has been addressed , it's actually a requirement of US import law that all road legal vehicles be able to display MPH on speedo so there really wasn't any room for them to argue about correcting it for future imports, or providing a replacement for those on bikes already sold.

I can't help you on the sprocket tooth count or carb size though on the 2019's as everyone i know has at best a 2018 ,and it goes backwards from there .My initial thoughts though would be the stock sprocket quality is "okay" but you will replace it much sooner than a "name" brand ,and even if the new carbs are a bit larger, it's still a chinese stock carb ,just one with a bigger hole in it lol, so chances are you'd want to replace it with a VM22 Mikuni, and they really arent expensive at all , like 30-35 bucks .

scoot newb
03-09-2019, 09:54 AM
Thanks.

Cool. I have a VM22 Mikuni in the cart. I'm a little confused. Some VM22's are listed as 26mm others 22. :ohno:

I'm also looking at this

https://tboltusa.com/store/tbparts-12-way-rotating-spacer-26mm-p-2041.html

RedCrowRides
03-09-2019, 09:33 PM
That tbolt link you posted is what we here call a "carb spinner". I use one on mine ,the plain polished aluminum is fine, but just to throw it out there, you can find them in anodized blue, red, green and gold on EBay .The one i use is blue anodized because that is the color my levers, bar end mirrors ,pegs, bars, etc etc are .

Here is a link to the blue one i used off Ebay , https://www.ebay.com/itm/26mm-Carb-Manifold-Spinner-Plate-Adaptor-For-Monkey-Dax-ATV-Dirt-Bike-4-Wheeler/162492788618?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=461 500646962&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

there is a drop down box that will allow you to select what color you want.

scoot newb
03-10-2019, 12:54 AM
Cool. I've read the Hellcats ship with replacement engine bolts inside the crate. Are these good enough to prevent all the problems associated with the pre installed ones?

RedCrowRides
03-10-2019, 12:09 PM
I don't know on the Hellcat bro ,HellKitty is our resident Hellcat pro, my version is a Vader ,and they didnt include poo nanny lol, I had to take mine out and go to LOWES and get better ones . There is a thread "somewhere" on the Forum in this section that gives the exact dimensions for the bolts but it will take some fishing to find it. My guess though would be it would be pointless to give some replacement bolts as crappy as the stock ones , so I'd assume that since you already got to take on the job of replacing bolts they know suck, that the two extras they provide you to swap in are actually of decent quality and strength.
Once it arrives, just looking at them should tell you, there is a pretty obvious visual difference between the stock " chinesium" ones, and actual decent Grade 8 or 10 bolts. The chinesium (stock) ones are almost always coated in some wierd color film, where "good" bolts will have a shiny , galvanized appearance.