PDA

View Full Version : Replacement sprocket for 2019 Hellcat 420 or 428?

scoot newb
03-12-2019, 06:39 AM
I've been reading up a storm and found conflicting information about the 17t front sprocket replacement. Some say it is 420 others say 428. Does anyone know which one it is?

scoot newb
03-19-2019, 12:03 AM
So I ordered the 420 too and will return whichever one isn't the best fit.

scoot newb
03-21-2019, 05:28 PM
I can confirm the 2019 (at least this one) Hellcat comes with 428 rear sprocket, chain and a 16t front sprocket. I put a 17t in, I wonder if it will make much of a difference.

RedCrowRides
03-21-2019, 09:33 PM
IIRC , they used to come stock with a 15 tooth , maybe the Factory realized how short that made the first gear and finally went up a tooth , I'm guessing the US Dealers were sending them feedback that the 15 was just too low for normal street use - the Stunt Crews use a 14 tooth front but that is because they need loads of low end torque and are not really worried about top end ,I'm not sure how much difference the 17 will make over a 16, but I will say this -

These Grom clones REALLY pick up on performance versus new , once you get 300 or so miles on them, the engines are old school design and pretty loose , so it takes that much time for it to really break in and the rings to seat and all that. I know i easily picked up 5mph over "brand new" status once i had like 250 - 300 miles on it and everything had seated , sltho i saw some small gains on up to the 500 mile mark.

So, dont get discouraged if it isnt a bullet with 50 miles on it, it WILL get a lot better with more miles.

scoot newb
03-21-2019, 09:42 PM
It's a bit better with the 17t. I just want to cruise at 45 and I'm annoyed at the problems it shipped with.

Cosmetic damage, speedo stuck in km/h, sometimes it will indicate 'N' when it is in gear, the carb on it was defective, the ignition switch lock doesn't work (when turning the bars to the left there is sometimes a snapping sound probably related to the non-functioning lock), left side mirror mount on the clutch lever is mis threaded, bike will try to start when it is in gear and the clutch lever is not pulled in/ Then to top it off, I thought I noticed a tapping sound coming from the engine.

The dealer hasn't been responsive at all. They only address these issues through email/ticketing system. Not over the phone. It's been a week since I've reported this and nothing has been done. If I didn't have any tools or a little wrenching ability I would still not be able to ride it.

B00mSR6
03-24-2019, 02:40 AM
It's a bit better with the 17t. I just want to cruise at 45 and I'm annoyed at the problems it shipped with.

Cosmetic damage, speedo stuck in km/h, sometimes it will indicate 'N' when it is in gear, the carb on it was defective, the ignition switch lock doesn't work (when turning the bars to the left there is sometimes a snapping sound probably related to the non-functioning lock), left side mirror mount on the clutch lever is mis threaded, bike will try to start when it is in gear and the clutch lever is not pulled in/ Then to top it off, I thought I noticed a tapping sound coming from the engine.

The dealer hasn't been responsive at all. They only address these issues through email/ticketing system. Not over the phone. It's been a week since I've reported this and nothing has been done. If I didn't have any tools or a little wrenching ability I would still not be able to ride it.

This is why I went with Belmonte , they're known for good cs.