PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket Questions ,

kelly5150
02-25-2008, 04:28 PM
What is the optimum sprocket combo for these 125cc pit-bikes to enable the bike some small grunt in the low-end, great mid-range and a long high-end for top speeds ? I want long ended top speed is my biggest wish here .
I just installed some of my parts, the Mikuni 24mm Carb and 24mm manifold and the performance CDI . This little machine Rocks now ! Can't wait till my pipe and muffler gets here UPS tonight, should boost it that much more . I need sprocket mods now for sure to get the most top-end out fo this little beast, and need soem help from you guys and gals to point me in the right direction. I have NO experience with these little wheels, 12" and 14" stuff, so not sure what sprockets are going to work best for what I want . Any help would sure be appreciated.
I am pretty excited with the upgrades, especially the Carburetor, that made a HUGE difference in grunt . It peels out well now . My ony wait are the wheels, they have not been shipped yet , but the rest of ym parts are shipped, on the way or I have them today . Is it X-Mas today or what ! :lol:
My gal is laughing at me because I am out playing rocket man on this beast in the front yard tuning it , and racing around when I have two full size dirt bikes I could be riidng instead .

Thanks, kelly5150 out

ejcycles
02-26-2008, 07:06 AM
Kelly
OMG... your kidding! You don't know? :twisted: I have 16t & 17t tooth countershaft sprockets that will do what you want, though the 17t may be too high. Most guys around here just use a 16t and get what they want.
I'm surprised your DirtyGirl88 didn't tell you this. hehehe

(another thread) Oh by the way, I have no children so my bikes will not be left to anyone. Adoption is out of the question... we are both to bullheaded. :idea: Now trades would be considered, but I don't think you would like my idea of a trade :!: :?: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kelly5150
02-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Thanks Bruce, for the info and abuse, I guess I deserve a little harrasment from you, not sure why of course, yeh right . :lol:

Yes, ( here we go again ) , I understand how sprockets work, but if you look at my post I said I don't know about the 12" and 14" wheel thing on these bikes, and want to know the optimum sprocket sizes for what I want to do on these little machines ( without me actually having to think or just guess ) . 12" and 14" rotate faster than 21" , thats my point, and I know you have already figured out which sprockets will be best for my needs, so why sit here and buy stuff I don't know is going to work ? Heck, you could have told me 14 tooth and I would believe you , because I have no experience with little rims . Read man read . I know your just harrasing me, but I didn't ask for a sprocket lesson on how sprockets work, higher-lower tooth theory did I ? No, I did not . Thanks for the abuse, I can take it :lol:

What kind of trade were you looking at Bruce ? I know the Norton is involved I am sure ?

There going to have to dig a pretty big hole to burry you you know ? Thats a lot of bikes to put in one hole when you die . I still think you should Will them to me, but I know that just aint going to happen . Your too mad at me for buying a SUNL :lol:
I can dream, you got some amazing machines Bruce.

Later and thanks again , I needed a reality check I guess this early in the morning ? 8O

Got the rest of my parts last night, wheels got shipped too, should be here shortly, too much fun for one man . I don't have kids either, just one Nephew and he aint gettign squwatt ! :evil: If I did have kids they would probably turn out like you , knowing my luck :lol:

Later and thanks for the sprocket tooth advice.

Oh and by the way, what would a 16 tooth with shpping be to my door UPS to 98576 Zipcode . Thanks and you can PM me if your emmbarrssed what your going to charge a big fat jerk-off like me Bruce.

ejcycles
03-01-2008, 05:38 AM
Hey Kelly
I'll explain all of this on Sunday, been really busy & tired.

bullseye
03-01-2008, 07:56 AM
I went to a 16 and what a difference....I can actually use 1st now

I have a 46 on the rear

kelly5150
03-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Thanks Bullseye , thats the kinda input I was looking for .

Kelly5150 out

kelly5150
03-01-2008, 12:41 PM
Yo Bruce,
I picked up a 16 tooth already, couldn't wait for ya to reply , but I would still like you to run down the FACTS about the ideal combo's for these little rims if you find time for everyone and me of course .
Whats a good rear sprocket tooth size for the 16 tooth front ? I have a couple laying around , some 420 stuff, one is 37 tooth, the other is bigger. I am looking for top speed, keep that in mind . This bike I am building will have plenty of pull-grunt-low-end reguardless of front sprocket size .

Cheers man, now go out and ride that RD you lucky sucker ! :lol:
It has got to be getting warm enough by now ...........

Cheers, Kelly5150 out

ejcycles
03-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Sorry Kelly
I can't be on here 24/7, I have a Dealership to run too. I do the best I can, I guess I just don't handle impatience that well, here or anywhere. No Pun intended.

kelly5150
03-03-2008, 07:38 PM
No big deal Bruce . :lol:
Not that I was being impatient anyway with you, I just don't wait long for you or anyone else to get me prices , products , advice , or whatever , or to respond to things , as I know your busy, me too . You don't need my money , and your prices are too high anyway , and I don't need your parts . It isn't like your the only bike Guru around this world . I understand your prices and you got to charge what you charge to stay alive . No biggy .
The only biggy is you not offering advice you say your going to and only ridicule instead , but hey, thats your problem not mine .
I think you already know how I feel about you as a person anyway Bruce .
Just remember , you earned your General " you know what " Status with me long ago here . Nothings changed, you nor me , and it never will, its all good.
One thing that I do know , is you know about these bikes, more than I do, so when I ask a question, golly gee, I actually think you might tell me the answer ? I guess I am wrong .
The other thing I wll never do is send folks your way, like I have been , tell them what a good guy you are, or anything positive again. But I won't bash you either , you do a good enough job of that being a flake here as it is, you don't need my help to be that .

Later General Bruce ,
Have a great day , rubber side down, and just remember, were both bikers in our hearts , so just because we don't get along doesn't mean we need to throw abuse, ridicule or anything else at eachother here . Maybe its time you grow up a little and quit throwing temper tantrums when you don't get your way or people like me don't sit around waiting for GOD Almight Burce to supply parts or info . Poopie on you I say :lol:

Later Bruce, keep it light and enjoy your bikes .
Kelly5150 out

ejcycles
03-04-2008, 03:43 AM
Kelly
First of all I was not bashing you at all. The statement made, was in general, and not directed at you, see {No Pun intended}. Maybe you better go back and re-read each post and see who has a temper problem and who is bashing who. I wasn't mad then and I'm not now. Maybe you should take some of your own advise... Look in the mirror, as was told to me during my drinking days.

I was going to get you all of the information that you wanted and explain it in full. I do it in word first because it takes me a lot of time to peck it out and make sure it's in the correct order and understandable. Maybe you don't have this problem but I do.
I won't ever bother you again, and in turn don't ever bash me again as you just did.

kelly5150
03-04-2008, 05:02 AM
Here's what I am hearing from ya Bruce, Blah blah blah blah blah .
Whatever , have a nice day .
Consider this post the Divorce papers :lol:

Cheers, Kelly5150

frostbite
03-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Play nice you two. If you want to squabble take it offline or do it via PM.