PDA

View Full Version : Sourcing parts for Hellcat 125

flhellcat
04-06-2019, 07:57 AM
I may have to purchase ignition parts shortly. I'm looking at partskit.com but was hoping to take advantage of my Amazon Prime membership for fast shipping.

I assume the engine is in the GY6 family? Are parts as universal as some descriptions suggest, 50cc-150cc GY6 for example?

Thanks.

Bruces
04-06-2019, 08:01 AM
I don’t think your bike has a gy6 engine ,does it have a cvt with belt drive like a scooter ?gy6 does .

Whisky
04-06-2019, 08:09 AM
Bruce is correct your hellcat motor is not comparable to the gy6 motor.

RedCrowRides
04-06-2019, 12:27 PM
- If you can be a bit more specific on what "ignition parts" you are looking for/at., I'm sure we can help you .I replaced my CDI box ,coil, and plug for example on my Vader125 and have notes on who and where i got them from, the only thing i have not replaced in as far as ignition is the stator itself as it has not given me any trouble, however if i were to come across a confirmed "high output / heavy duty " one that was a confirmed fit I might consider it given the nominal output of the stocker ,but i pretty much got around that by converting everything on my Vader to low draw LEDs which are brighter than , and use far less voltage than, standard incandescent type bulbs like it came with.

flhellcat
04-06-2019, 06:43 PM
I found a pin not seated in the connector from the stator. Problem fixed for now.

Thanks for the input.

scoot newb
04-06-2019, 10:07 PM
How do you like it so far? Do you have any plans to add upgrades?

flhellcat
04-07-2019, 09:49 AM
I had previous experience 10+ years ago with mini trail 50 clone and a 250cc quad from China.

I bought 2 of these and with 3 days into ownership I think build quality has come a long way and are a great value. Time will tell.

I'm going to get to know them before I start with mods. Great to have this forum to learn from others.

wlfpck
04-07-2019, 10:39 AM
The grom clones/SSR Razkull clones do not have GY6 engines. The 125cc that is found in them is in the CRF50 engine family. For instance the bolt pattern for the engine mount is the same as the CRF50 engine. This is why pitbike engines swap over.

sirmaxwell
04-16-2019, 12:09 PM
The grom clones/SSR Razkull clones do not have GY6 engines. The 125cc that is found in them is in the CRF50 engine family. For instance the bolt pattern for the engine mount is the same as the CRF50 engine. This is why pitbike engines swap over.

I have heard the engine mounts line up exactly or very closely for many of these engines within a certain variance of engine displacement size...BUT WOuld A honda bore kit or cylinder head fit? or other Honda engine parts/ ignition intake or exhaust fit?

scoot newb
04-16-2019, 01:54 PM
A Grom exhaust wont fit cause the exhaust port or whatever it is called on the clone heads is angled. From what I've read here the Monkey 50 pipes fit.

Like this one.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Honda-Monkey-Gorilla-Z50-Power-up-muffler-Sten-made-NEW-Japan/1129948716

You can get less expensive ones too but not made in Japan.

wlfpck
04-16-2019, 04:59 PM
I have heard the engine mounts line up exactly or very closely for many of these engines within a certain variance of engine displacement size...BUT WOuld A honda bore kit or cylinder head fit? or other Honda engine parts/ ignition intake or exhaust fit?

Depends on what you're looking for.

The Grom engine is a Honda wave/innova engine. Our pit bike engines are all based on the Honda CRF50 engine design.

Unfortunately, I don't think there are many honda parts that will fit. No idea as I have never tried.

However, your big pit bike shops... Pitster Pro, Tboltusa, etc. will carry bore kits that fit Chinese engines. I'm sure one of those will fit the Grom clones.

Now the SSR Razkull is different in the sense that it has the same exhaust port and 3 bolt engine mount design as the Grom. Now do the Grom parts swap over to the SSR Razkull engine? I don't believe they do however, I do not have a SSR so I can't really say either way.