PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on tuning a carb?

RKG83
04-17-2019, 10:06 AM
I’m set to install and tune a carb tomorrow for the first time ever on my Boom. I’m excited but nervous since I’ve never done it before.

Any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

RKG83
04-19-2019, 12:30 AM
It wasn’t easy but man what a difference in performance with the new carb and 105 jet.

Blaze
04-19-2019, 06:51 PM
As someone who has also never done this, I'm interested to know your experience? What did you find useful? What was most difficult? I'd appreciate hearing a first timers perspective, if you don't mind.

RKG83
04-19-2019, 11:26 PM
It wasn’t really complicated. The carb I put in wasn’t threaded so I had to go buy longer bolts and lock them in with a nut at end of em, which was really odd and inconvenient. I went with a 105 main jet, which has been working perfectly fine. Only issue I had was I did something that caused my throttle tension to come a bit loose. Other then that everything worked out pretty good.

scoot newb
04-21-2019, 03:06 AM
As someone who has also never done this, I'm interested to know your experience? What did you find useful? What was most difficult? I'd appreciate hearing a first timers perspective, if you don't mind.

https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonheadlightrelays/scooter-stuff/helpful-info/how-to-tuning-the-mikuni-vm22