PDA

View Full Version : Vader 26mm Carb

dajtm
04-17-2019, 12:49 PM
Hi All I put the 26MM carb on my Vader 125 and now it boggs down when you give it gas like it is getting to much fuel,

1-my question is what spark plug and gap are you running
2- is an upgrade CDI and coil available.
3- what jet is being ran in these at best results.

I have aftermarket exhaust and air filter also?

any help is appreciated.

Whisky
04-17-2019, 02:34 PM
A 26mm carb is to big for a 125, you might be able to get it to work with a small jet, "I don't know right off hand how small they go" your stock cdi and coil is fine for what it does and as far as jet size, there is no set perfect jet size, there is to many variables such as temp, elevation just to name a couple. When I switched my carb (VM22) it took me awhile to get bike to run good, I tried jet sizes from 88-125 finally staying with 110 and its still running a little rich.

dajtm
04-17-2019, 03:03 PM
this the carb I got

VM22 26mm Carb For Mikuni Intake Pipe Pit Dirt Bike 110cc 125cc Lifan YX US

cbrfxr67
04-22-2019, 11:19 AM
So far the molkt 26mm has been the best for me with a 120 main and pod filter. I went back to a mikuni '26mm' but it looks smaller and I can't get that mofo dialed in. Really annoying. Waiting for another molkt to come in since it was so easy to set up previously.

scoot newb
04-22-2019, 02:51 PM
Does it bog throughout the entire throttle range?

This guide is pretty good on getting it dialed in.

https://sites.google.com/site/vanagonheadlightrelays/scooter-stuff/helpful-info/how-to-tuning-the-mikuni-vm22

Also get a main and pilot jet kit. If you got a Chinese knock off the real Mikuni pilot jets may not be compatible.

Douglass
04-22-2019, 03:48 PM
What size main jet, and pilot jet are you running?

What setting is the needle clip at?

how many turns out is the air/fuel screw?

What is your elevation?

I think the stick jets are 15 pilot, and a 95 main. When I had the RFZ 125cc I was running a 20 pilot, 112.5 main, and needle clip in the middle. Air screw about 1.5-1.75 turns out.

Rockymountainatv sells Mikuni Jets that will work with this carb.

Doubledown
04-30-2023, 08:50 PM
What size main jet, and pilot jet are you running?

What setting is the needle clip at?

how many turns out is the air/fuel screw?

What is your elevation?

I think the stick jets are 15 pilot, and a 95 main. When I had the RFZ 125cc I was running a 20 pilot, 112.5 main, and needle clip in the middle. Air screw about 1.5-1.75 turns out.

Rockymountainatv sells Mikuni Jets that will work with this carb.

Sorry to did up an old one but I am chasing down jetting issues. What elevation are/were you at when you were running the 20/112.5? I started playing with this awhile ago when I did the VM22 knock off and exhaust. Had some fitment issues with the exhaust so I just want to ride it with this carb and the factory stock exhaust but it falls on its face 1/4 on up. If I go very slow roll on throltte it slowly catches up. I just need a baseline to restart from with this stock exhaust.

dirtbkr188
04-30-2023, 10:27 PM
FWIW, here is a baseline setting for the VM22 Mikuni-clone carb that uses these Mikuni jets:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/752/AW561A.jpg

22mm Mikuni-clone carb - #95 main jet - #15 pilot jet
UNI pod filter - #100 or #105 main jet - #17.5 or #20 pilot jet – fuel screw at 2 turns out – jet needle clip in the 3rd or 4th position.

All settings are based on an elevation of Sea Level. All air filters are oiled with PJ1 foam filter oil. All air or fuel screw settings are made in ¼-turn increments at a time to see how the adjustments affect the engine. All main jet, pilot jet, screw adjustments, and jet needle clip positions will have to be adjusted for your particular area.

A Baseline setting is used as a point-of-reference only, so you can return to the baseline setting and start over, if need be. Again, all fine-tuning adjustments will have to be made for your area.

Doubledown
05-05-2023, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the post.
To add to the jet types the thread is 5mm x .8mm.
Now that I see what i should have had to start, it makes some sense because while mine did come with a 95 main, the slow jet was a 38. go figure.
I bought my jet sets based on those numbers so I have mains up to 150, so I am covered there, but the slow jet set is 30 + which from the below is far too large.

Anyone have a source for slow jets sets in the smaller area so I can get at least the stock 15 , 17.5, 19? I got 12 of the 30+ for like 10 buck but can't find anything with the smaller sizes.

FWIW, here is a baseline setting for the VM22 Mikuni-clone carb that uses these Mikuni jets:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/752/AW561A.jpg

22mm Mikuni-clone carb - #95 main jet - #15 pilot jet
UNI pod filter - #100 or #105 main jet - #17.5 or #20 pilot jet – fuel screw at 2 turns out – jet needle clip in the 3rd or 4th position.

All settings are based on an elevation of Sea Level. All air filters are oiled with PJ1 foam filter oil. All air or fuel screw settings are made in ¼-turn increments at a time to see how the adjustments affect the engine. All main jet, pilot jet, screw adjustments, and jet needle clip positions will have to be adjusted for your particular area.

A Baseline setting is used as a point-of-reference only, so you can return to the baseline setting and start over, if need be. Again, all fine-tuning adjustments will have to be made for your area.

dirtbkr188
05-05-2023, 08:35 AM
Right HERE (https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_mikuni_VM28-486_pilot.htm)

Doubledown
05-05-2023, 01:28 PM
I am looking back at your original picture versus my jets and mine are these. And like the image I can only find 30 or higher jets.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/_DcjpjhB

dirtbkr188
05-05-2023, 03:25 PM
The Mikuni-clone carb manufacturers seemed to have switched things up some years ago, and changed the style jets to ones that do not interchange. The original VM22 Mikuni-clone came with the jets in the pic I posted above. I have no idea what the crossover to a Genuine Keihin jet number would be.

Doubledown
05-05-2023, 08:59 PM
I will have to verify but I think the mains are still the same. I guess I will just try to tune the idle end with the jet kit I have and try to 100/105 main since i have a open element filter. Sounds like stock versus aftermarket exhaust doesn't matter all that much on these minis? The stocks are pretty open and the main jetting is more around the air box to pod restriction removal?

Doubledown
05-10-2023, 04:58 PM
Hopefully to help anyone in the future who has the chikuni with the seemingly Mikuni Main jets (6x.75-8) and Keihn (5x.08) pilot/idle at 75' above sea level, 75degreees, 95 main and 38 pilot, 1.5 turns out on airmix screen and middle needle clip running pretty damn good (pod filter and stock bd125-8 exhaust).

When I get the "open" exhaust bent and installed I will try to remember to post changes in the jetting.