PDA

View Full Version : Build parts and pics

kelly5150
03-02-2008, 12:18 AM
Well, here are some of the new parts going on the new build of the Coolster framed and shocked , Loncin fortified 125cc Pit-Bike of my dreams .
As you can see th SUNL 125ccXT is sporting some of my parts till all of my stuff gets shipped here to me . I have bought 98% now, including new rotors, sprockets, stainless steel braided lines , new brakes, everything new and high performance-ish . Nothing but some of the plastics from the SUNL are going on the new bike. I like the seat and air-dams of the SUNL so they are staying. The rest is gone . I even bought new axels , and am in the process of getting stainless or hardened bolts and nuts for everything .

It is alot of fun doing this project, but for the person thinking of doing this too, you better pack a big wallet , it is expensive to do it this way. But, you get exactly what you want, so it is priceless , and you know it will be built well and right .

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0151.jpg
Some fo the Gold Annodized stuff here going on the new bike , and folding billet gear shifter .
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0152.jpg
If you ever get a chance to try Oury Grips, please do, they are nice and sticky . Good shot of the new pipe too here .
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0153.jpg
Shot of the new rims for the build, these are Flying 50's rims , heavy duty wheels here . Should look great ont he new Red annodized forks and polished alluminum swingarm for sure . The shock is a possibility on the build too, but ordered anothe rone too to see which one I like ? Yes, that is an expensive way to do it, but the other can be given to my Honey .
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/100_0154.jpg
Here's a shot of the wheels after polishing . Unfortunately , the bolt pattern will not match the SUNL stuff , so had to buy new wave rotors front and back and new rear sprockets . But that is ok too as I don't think the SUNL stuff will hold up like the new stuff will anyway . Of course these rims took the 12mm axels, so had to buy two of thsoe two. It will sport a new 420 Gold Chain, Red chain guard , roller and much much more .
Like I said before, this is expensive and once you start your committed, and I like good parts so it was even more expensive than I first though since I have Champagne taste on a beer budget .

Just remember that all these parts and more are going into this chassis but with red forks and a race Loncin 125cc Mikuni kickin motor . Should be one nice freekin ride indeed .
http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj96/5150kelly/53b4_1.jpg

Later, and enjoy the photo shoot and thoughts of building your own perfect pit-bike . Remeber to bring your check book and keep signing your name for awhile and adding lots of ZERO's to the numbers . I am into thsi thing for more than my VIVA 250cc already and I haven't even put it together yet .

Cheers, Kelly5150 :lol:

rich_e
03-02-2008, 12:25 AM
Really cool. Those wheels look sharp. I liked the Sunl when you first go it too. They way my budget is shrinking, that may be my next toy. I was going to get one of the 250 dirt bikes, but I think I'm going to spending some money at the dentist 'cause something don't feel right :evil:

kelly5150
03-02-2008, 02:20 AM
I hate dentists too Rich-E . Sorry to hear your having to spend money on teeth and not on mototrcycles . But you need teeth more right ? :wink:
I guess I don't hate the Dentist , I just hate thier prices they charge for pain . Seams an oxymoron to pay for pain to me , to be out of pain ?
Then your broke and emmotionally in pain from it. That is a no win situation at best . :evil:

The SUNL 125 is a good running bike, for me it is. As long as you get it with free shipping for the $500 it costs , it is a good deal for the money , IMHO of course . It is alot of fun . It may leave you wanting more bike though, but that isn't a bad thing . Yes , the 250cc are pricey I suppose, but not like a Japenese machine . I would hate to have to spend the money to build one of thsoe from the ground up . Now that would really cost you a fortune if you get carried away like I did on the pit-bike thing.

Hopefully your mouth won't cost too much and you'll still be left with money for a bike and toothpaste ?

Good luck with the teeth and bike, and thanks.

Kelly5150 out

rich_e
03-02-2008, 02:27 AM
How does the 'no clutch' thing work on those 125s? Is it a centrifugal deal? Does seem pretty strong? Does your race engine also have an auto clutch?

Gee, I hate putting 4 questions in a row. Sorry about that. But I was wondering if that type of system is sturdy enough.

kelly5150
03-02-2008, 02:41 AM
Yo Rich-E ,
Nice Kawi's by the way !
I was just over surfing the other posts. I like green bikes, alot, and of course red too . Oh and did I mention I like Blue too, or orange, or yellow . :lol:

The Semi-auto tranni's are ok, this one seams strong . Can it take abuse, well, not sure , I have yet to kill it, but I am not hard on it either. You got to let the throttle off when you shift it is going to last I am sure . Otherwise it is like speed shifting and that aint good on any tranni that isn't set up to do that . I will say it does speedshift good though :lol:
I had to try dont ya know .
It is like a centrifugal clutch , but with gear shifter to engage higher-lower gears. I set this one up to just grab but not move the bike with me on it in 1st gear. This optimizes the gear ratios on the bike and gives the best throttle responce, clutch action and top speed too .
I like a clutched bike better than semi-auto, but for the money this is whats available .
And no, the Loncin motor is full manual, race stuff . If I was going to build a bike, I wanted it standard shift ,1 down 3 up .

Cheers, Kelly

kelly5150
03-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Forgot to mention the semi-auto bikes have a nuetral gear too .
Nuetral , shift down to 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th .

Kelly out

rich_e
03-02-2008, 03:04 AM
Good to know. Sounds like it'll be alright if not abused too much. Anyway, if I can get a few months out of it, I can install a manual motor later. The only manual one they have (atvdiscounter) is that TaoTao and I don't like the looks of it compared to the Sunl. Plus it's $200 more.

I'm interested in one the pit bikes for racing around the yard (about 3 acres). I haven't gone so far as to make a track yet, but the ruts are getting pretty bad from my 'test rides'. My son also made a nice mud pit with his ATV. I doubt that grass will ever grow there again.

I thought one of those pit bikes would be just the ticket for the space I have. It would be nice to get out of second gear every once in a while. It seems, just when I'm starting to have fun, I have to slam on the binders or run into a barbed wire fence! My son did that when we first got the KDXs last fall. I think he still has the marks (so does his bike).

Have fun with you mods. By the way, did the other Sunl come in yet? Just wondering if you got the same good service you did last time and the bike arrived in a timely fashion and worked right out of the box like the first one.

kelly5150
03-02-2008, 06:56 AM
Yo Rich-E ,
the other SUNL should be here this week , I insisted on black only so I have to wait like a good boy to get it in the color she has to have. They were out when I ordered it . Trust me if Mom aint happy I aint happy . As far as it being as reliable, well, who knows ? When I bought the red one she commented that it would look good in black , so when I surprised her with an early B-Day present and told her I bought her a black one, well, I am stuck getting a black one, trust me . Will let you know if it is as reliable though, trust me on that one . You know me well enought o know if it was here it would have been in the photo, right ? :lol:

I agree the Tao Tao is FUGLY FUGLY FUGLY . It is one bad arse kickin machine I hear though . Very fast, reliable and small , if that fits your style ? FUGLY don't fit me well. I don't need help being FUGLY , so I sure don't need a FUGLY bike to help that out . Not to offend anyone of course that ownes a TAO TAO , but that is the ugliest bike next to the HUMMER I have ever had the misfortune to behold with my eyes. I guess if you take the motor out of each of those bikes, well then you got a nice motor at least , then I can stand the bikes looks , in the trash out back next to the fir pit . At least I am not opinionated huh ? My post love it or leave it .

Good luck man . Take it easy, take it twice if it is .

Kelly5150 out

kelly5150
03-02-2008, 07:03 AM
Rich-E,
by the way to let everyone know the SUNL motor takes everything Honda bolt pattern I have thrown at it motor-wise so far, carb, manifolds, engine guard, pipes, levers , gaskets, so the misnomer that SUNL motors are not bolt on OEM motor is pure BS from the folks that have badmouthed them not being OEM . Once again, proof is in pictures, so who do you believe now ? Hmmm, Kelly of course. Sorry guys but your wrong , again .
The valve covers, engine adjustment covers fit too off my gals Roketa ATV too, so thats good to know too .

Later , Kelly out

frostbite
03-03-2008, 08:58 AM
What are your plans for this bike? Racing?

kelly5150
03-03-2008, 10:06 AM
Hi there Frostbite ,
Racing ? A little , but nothing real or sanctioned, just wanted a pit-bike to blast ( really blast ) around with my friends and my Honey on our track .
Being an exssesive compulsive person with an addictive personality , I go to extremes with my toys, obviously. Just wanted something really nice Frostbite , something I put together from scratch , and all the componants were hand picked by me , and that I tightened and installed every bolt personally. You just cannot buy that anywhere on the market really. Yes, you can buy nice custom bikes , but not that you built . You as a fellow biker, probably know the emmence satisfaction in building or maintaining your scooters, be them Enduro or pit-bike, or moped for that matter. It is very satisfying doing all your own wiring, mechanicing , metal fabrication to these units, especially if they come out right . You just can't buy that off the shelf. Not only will my bike be very nice, solid and custom, but it will be the only one like it on Earth , especially after I metal fabricate some of the peices I have planned for it. That with the Gold with red trim screams old 80's Honda dirt bike and I really like that color scheme back then when they had the gold rims going on. I just couldn't pass these little rims up when I saw them , especially for what I paid for them. So thats my story and I am sticking to it. Motor is in tonights UPS, am very excited to start building . Unfortunately, I have to wait a week for the frame and forks to be put together for me and shipped out .
I am sure you have seen some of my other bikes and that I keep them spotless mostly and pretty performance driven, so this particular pit-bike since I am building it from scratch will be some of my nicest work for sure. The Norton is nice, yes, but this bike will be equally as dazzling for sure . And it will run like a bat out of heck on top of it . I got a good taste of pit-bike with the SUNL, but being from a racer backround , it made me yearn for more performance . Hence the checking account going to heck and a handbasket for awhile. :lol:

Later, good luck with your ride and thanks for the interest and your post.

Cheers, Kelly5150 over and out