PDA

View Full Version : Apollo 250 pro wont start

polo44
03-02-2008, 08:00 PM
Hey everyone,
looking for some opinions. I went out and sarted my apollo today as it was unseasonably warm and rode it around for a little bit. As i continued to ride it sounded like my bike started loading up I had to switch my carburator to full choke for it to stay running. I managed to get it back to the house but continued to have the issue. No I can't get it to turn over so i opened the screw to drain the carb bowl but i am not getting any gas. Any ideas on what may be wrong? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :cry:

TeamCheap
03-02-2008, 08:31 PM
Grab a clean clear glass jar and take the fuel line off the carb ut the fuel line in the jar and then open the fuel valve on the tank.

You should get a steady stream of fuel for 30 seconds atleast.You want to let it run a bit to verify that there are no restrictions in the fuel line or the fuel tank breather.

If it runs for a little while then starts to slow down loosen up the fuel cap and if that allows it to speed up then the vent in the fuel cap is not venting properly.

If the fuel supply is ok to the carb hose then look into the carb as there is a needle valve for the fuel that might be sticking.

katoranger
03-03-2008, 12:05 PM
I the fuel flows through the line fine, then check as Teamcheap suggested to carb needle valve. You may have gotton some debri in the carb plugging one of the jets. Take the bowl off the carb and see if any dirt etc is in the bottom. Put a filter in the fuel line too.

Allen

polo44
03-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Thanks for the info guys. As it turns out when the weather got warmer the fuel line got more pliable and as a result of its run path it pinched itself off. A simple reroute and I am back in business. Thanks again for the ideas. Have an awesome day!

tokarev
03-12-2008, 08:42 AM
9 times out of 10 its something real simple.