PDA

View Full Version : Old newbie with thanks.

oldandugly
01-05-2007, 03:13 PM
I have been reading here for a little while and want to pay my compliments to your great forum. I have been a motorcycle forum addict for a long time and this one is probably the most helpful and friendly of them all. I have been riding for longer than most of you have been alive but very green when it comes to dual sports. I bought a Lifan just before Christmas and have two more in the works. You have made my learning curve much more gentle.

RPM
01-05-2007, 04:03 PM
Speaking for most here, the compliments are greatly appreciated!

Glad to have you on board and I am sure that you can help some of us, including me, at times and want to personally invite your comments.

This industry is busting at the seams now and with the help of forums like this one and all the experience that makes it up, I would venture to say that there's an answer out there for any question that comes up for whatever problem.

I sure wish I had this kind of information and a support group to go to when I started riding in the early 70s. Sure would have been easier than buying all those manuals.

Welcome in and enjoy the ride!

culcune
01-05-2007, 04:35 PM
Welcome, old. The nice thing about dual sport (no matter the brand or country of origin) is the simplicity of them. You stated that you have been around bikes a long time, so enduros should be no problem to you. Have fun!

oldandugly
01-05-2007, 04:49 PM
I am both old and ugly but still love all scoots. This site is terrific. No matter how long one has ridden there is still more to learn. It is what one learns after one thinks that he knows it all that is really valuable. I have every intention to continue to tap into the experience provided on this site.

John22j
01-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Welcome --- being old is not a crime!!!! experience is something you just can't buy. I know some still are racing MX into their 70's.... and I mean really flying too, not just putting around.

So what part of the country is this new Lifan of yours gonna be riding in?

frostbite
01-05-2007, 08:28 PM
... and this one is probably the most helpful and friendly of them all...

To be honest, you guys make it easy. I have only had to edit one post and ban one avatar since the site has been active (May/June 2006) and they were minor infractions. The owner of the avatar even apologized! Truly a unique experience from a moderators perspective.

Everyone has been courteous and civil. No bannings, reprimands, or flame wars.

In short, this is the best www forum experience I've ever been involved with. It's a place where anyone, of any age, can visit and be reasonably assured of a pleasant, hassle-free experience.

Keep up the good work. A forum is only as good as its posters and you guys are doing a bang-up job.

Thanks,

oldandugly
01-05-2007, 08:29 PM
Colorado, fantastic state for out door sports of all kinds. Great trails, twisties, canyons or wilderness. Pretty rough winter so far this year but worth the trade offs. My entire family rides, lucky for me, therefore we have to get multiples of every different type of riding that we get into. I am an old motorhead (at least wannabe) so I love the tinkering.

ejcycles
01-06-2007, 06:44 AM
Hi oldandugly
Welcome to ChinaRiders!!! I feel that way a lot myself!!! 8O :lol: I want to thank you for the compliments also. I have been riding since I was 8, working on bikes since 11 and still loving it at 44 1/2. Frostbite, I must apologize too, I just saw the post of mine that was edited for a word that was not liked...I'm A Bad Boy... 8O :lol: I won't do it again. Anyway the bikes that are out there are good, just have to watch what ya buy and make sure parts are available. If you ever need help or parts call on us, I myself and a few others here are dealers for American Lifan.

Ride Wild & Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce