PDA

View Full Version : A ride on my Hawk.

Megadan
05-16-2019, 06:18 AM
I've had my GoPro for a couple of years now and never really got into the whole recording myself riding thing, but I figured I would give it a try. Just a quick run down the river road.

So, right off the bat, there isn't much talking from me in this video. I had planned on having a mic. setup, but somehow my microphone magically transformed into organic fabric softener wool balls. I have one on the way, so hopefully the next time I try this you can listen to me breathing the whole time, or at least hear the bike lol.

I had the wind noise filter turned full on, which is likely why it's not that intrusive, but it also means you can't hear much, so I threw in a couple of songs to pass the time if you decide you need to watch the whole thing. I don't blame you if you don't. For what it's worth I did record in 2.7k at 60fps, so once Youtube's side of things catches up you can at least enjoy decent picture quality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NSMY2uUA0s&feature=youtu.be

JerryHawk250
05-16-2019, 07:33 AM
Nice ride through the country roads. :tup:

2LZ
05-16-2019, 09:58 AM
Nice ride.
I struggled with the entire video thing. Made one or two and put it on the shelf for now.
The hardest part was figuring out how to post it using You Tube and getting all that set-up.
I'm not too techy....

Megadan
05-16-2019, 03:04 PM
Nice ride through the country roads. :tup:

That was just a snippet of my ride that day. It was 80 degrees, sunny, and breezy. Perfect riding weather, so I was out and about for a while. I figured nobody wanted to watch an hour long video, especially with poor sound quality and no interaction lol.

Nice ride.
I struggled with the entire video thing. Made one or two and put it on the shelf for now.
The hardest part was figuring out how to post it using You Tube and getting all that set-up.
I'm not too techy....

Honestly, I struggle with it a bit too just because it is unfamiliar. Most of the videos I post are one take with no editing, just shoot and post. Once you toss editing into the mix it becomes a very time consuming process, especially when you are unfamiliar with it. Hours spent for 14 minutes of footage. It really makes you understand why people who have found success on Youtube and the like do it full time for their income. It would be hard to have a family life, a job, and do this with any level of success.

Sport Rider
05-16-2019, 03:15 PM
at about the 2:10 mark you picked up a spot on the top of your lens that bugged the shit out of me the rest of the video! :D

Megadan
05-16-2019, 03:27 PM
at about the 2:10 mark you picked up a spot on the top of your lens that bugged the shit out of me the rest of the video! :D

I rode through a swarm lol. I had about 40 spots on my face shield, and my jacket was a grave yard of insects. The fact that only one got creamed by the lens was a miracle.

JerryHawk250
05-16-2019, 04:27 PM
That was just a snippet of my ride that day. It was 80 degrees, sunny, and breezy. Perfect riding weather, so I was out and about for a while. I figured nobody wanted to watch an hour long video, especially with poor sound quality and no interaction lol.

I know what you mean. I had over an hour of video on my last ride that I had a hard time condensing it down to 20 minutes.

Megadan
05-16-2019, 10:19 PM
I know what you mean. I had over an hour of video on my last ride that I had a hard time condensing it down to 20 minutes.

Which is why I don't do regular videos. Even the little ones I made while putting my bike together probably doubled the time it took to assemble. I can't imagine how long it would take if I tried to put real effort into editing and getting good shots etc.

I would probably care more of I was one of those guys with a million subscribers that could make a living off advertising income, but little ol' me with 500 subs and a real world job and life...