PDA

View Full Version : Cr250/ db-47-250

Joshlaird
05-24-2019, 12:36 AM
I ordered my bike on May 20th from gokartsUSA.com. I actually talked to them about it that day and went over the DMV process and making sure they had it in stock so I didn’t have to wait a ridiculous amount of time. I was very happy with their responses and I felt pretty good about ordering from them. So I went ahead and placed my order later that day. Well today is the 24th and it is shipped out with FEDEX ground freight. I wanted to get this thread started and talk first of all about my experience so far with the seller and then give you guys info on the bike once I get it. I’m pretty happy with the time it took them to ship it out. I think it was very reasonable. They’ve been very helpful and responsive so far.

This forum has been a great place and I hope to provide you guys with whatever bits I can to give back! I will update this on delivery and again on assembly, break in, and first impressions. Of course I will flood you guys with pics. :thanks:

dpl096
05-24-2019, 09:46 PM
Congratulations and.......fingers crossed for a good experience.

Joshlaird
05-31-2019, 09:34 PM
Well just a small update. On their website it showed shipped on the 23rd and I thought that was a great time to be shipped out and I was impressed. I thought. Well they added shipping info and it was just shipped out today (the 31st, 11 days later). Very disappointed that it took them 11 days to ship it out. The other person that got one said it took 10 days to get it. So it seems very hit or miss. By the time I get it it’s gonna be like 20 days later. I think that’s a bit unprofessional to send it out 11 days after placing an order for an item I was told was in stock. I’m not super mad and I’m patiently waiting but I’m not so impressed with them as a company because of that. It’s no deal breaker to me still. I can’t wait to get the bike. So as long as everything else goes well I’ll be happy. If you end up ordering a bike from them keep this in mind.

chazglenn3
05-31-2019, 10:26 PM
That doesn't make sense if they actually had the bike in stock. I spoke with Jeff at Peace Sports about getting my Brozz on May 9th and it was on the way and I had a tracking number on May 10th. If I had called an hour earlier it would have shipped the same day.

Joshlaird
06-01-2019, 01:09 AM
Man. That’s some great customer service. I’m not too upset about it. But that’s the luck of the draw I suppose. I’ll be happy to have it in the end as long as it comes in good condition and all.

JerryHawk250
06-01-2019, 07:23 AM
The difference between gocartusa and peacesports is that peacesports is the dealer/ importer and shipping out his own warehouse whereas gocartusa is a drop shipper shipping out another importers warehouse.

bogieboy
06-01-2019, 08:06 AM
The difference between gocartusa and peacesports is that peacesports is the dealer/ importer and shipping out his own warehouse whereas gocartusa is a drop shipper shipping out another importers warehouse.

i was goin to say the same.... drop shipper... not to mention getting the semi thats headed your way to whatever depot it is sitting at.... not like UPS where it gets slapped in a distro center, and onto a regular route....LOL

Joshlaird
06-01-2019, 12:02 PM
So interesting thing. They got a little touchy when I asked if they were a dropshipper and insisted they are not. They have a warehouse with stock. Also it said it was shipping by Fedex but it didn’t. It shipped by roadrunner. They told me that on the phone otherwise I wouldn’t have even known where to find the tracking info. Some odd things. Also once I looked it up it showed shipping from Ontario Canada. So I’m very confused.

Joshlaird
06-01-2019, 12:15 PM
Kind of odd right?

Edit: I just realized that can also be California. I just looked it up. I guess it is. But the company listed still isn’t gokartsusa. I’m really confused.

JerryHawk250
06-01-2019, 05:18 PM
Roketa is an importer/ distributor. Unless gocartusa owns Roketa it's not gocartusa warehouse. Gocartusa does have it own warehouse thought. He may have ran out of stock and had to ship from the distributor.

dpl096
06-01-2019, 08:18 PM
Doesn't sound like confusion. Sounds like a damn liar. Get the money then to hell with honest customer service.

Joshlaird
06-01-2019, 09:58 PM
Definitely as clear as mud process. I like a company that is straight forward and clear about each step. I think that keeps customers happy. I will be happy if I get the bike and all is well. But... because of all this I don’t think they’ll get repeat business from me sadly. I still want to be happy with this transaction... I’m just patiently waiting until I get the bike. This is all very strange because another user on this forum got the exact same bike from the same dealer and seemed to have no issues and got it in 10 days. They seemed to have a better experience than me so far. And again, to be clear... I’m not really mad or anything. I’m just waiting to get my bike and praying all is well.

culcune
06-02-2019, 12:19 AM
'Their' warehouse is Roketa in Ontario, California. They are drop-shipping plain and simple, which is why they cannot give you details. If you watch the video of your bike on youtube, that is the back of Roketa.

Joshlaird
06-02-2019, 01:07 PM
Yeah... so when they said they had it in stock and they weren’t a drop shipper... I guess they were speaking of Roketa’s stock so technically they had it in stock. It seems to me they ARE a drop shipper. So they outright lied to me on the phone I guess.

culcune
06-03-2019, 08:19 PM
Roketa, provided they have the stock, will probably be reliable enough. I cannot speak for Gokartsusa, but perhaps they do keep some in stock and are out? With a powerhouse like Roketa, however, there would be no reason to keep them in stock except for retail walk in customers.

dpl096
06-03-2019, 09:12 PM
Roketa, provided they have the stock, will probably be a pretty reliable enough. I cannot speak for Gokartsusa, but perhaps they do keep some in stock and are out? With a powerhouse like Roketa, however, there would be no reason to keep them in stock except for retail walk in customers.

Culcune.... About 20 years ago wasn't Roketa one of the major bikes splashed all over eBay? Seems like they've been around a long time.

Joshlaird
06-05-2019, 05:41 PM
Well it’s been a few more days. Got my garage cleaned up to work on the bike. I have everything ready to go for the oil change and lubrication and all that to set the bike up. It’s scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but I have a suspicion it’s not going to be here. It’s been in a city 5 hours away from me for a couple days. I guess there’s a hub there or something. No clue yet when I’ll finally get the bike but it’ll be soon I’m sure. They’re supposed to call a day ahead of time and schedule the delivery. They better deliver it this week though.

dpl096
06-05-2019, 08:16 PM
Well it’s been a few more days. Got my garage cleaned up to work on the bike. I have everything ready to go for the oil change and lubrication and all that to set the bike up. It’s scheduled to be delivered tomorrow but I have a suspicion it’s not going to be here. It’s been in a city 5 hours away from me for a couple days. I guess there’s a hub there or something. No clue yet when I’ll finally get the bike but it’ll be soon I’m sure. They’re supposed to call a day ahead of time and schedule the delivery. They better deliver it this week though.

Positive vibe ....I'm sending them as best I can brother!

Joshlaird
06-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Positive vibe ....I'm sending them as best I can brother!

Thank you! I’m trying to stay positive too. I’m super excited to get it. I’m just patiently waiting. I’m sure it’ll be great once I have it and the wait is worth it. Some of my impatience comes from it being also my only transportation. So it kinda sucks to be at home just waiting for it to show up so I can leave the house when I want and not have to wait for a ride. :tdown:

culcune
06-06-2019, 08:43 AM
Culcune.... About 20 years ago wasn't Roketa one of the major bikes splashed all over eBay? Seems like they've been around a long time.
Yes, they were a major player here on Chinariders for a few years. They were a brand, but the owner went to prison for falsifying VINs, so now are an importer (but are still an implied brand).

Joshlaird
06-06-2019, 08:53 AM
Well I called roadrunner freight because the bike has been sitting there for 4 days at their hub 5 hours away. Turns out... they don’t ship here!!! I’m not making a 10 hour trip to go get it. I also don’t own a truck to get it. Not possible. So. What to do? Roketa, GokartsUSA, whoever the heck sent it should’ve checked to see if the bike would even get to me. How can you use a shipping company that doesn’t even go anywhere near me? How incompetent do you have to be? So the guy at the freight company took my number and they’re trying to get a different freight company to get it from there and bring it to me. And to be clear I mean the current frieght company. Not whoever shipped the bike. I doubt they care. They have my money already and their probably laughing thinking how I gotta go drive 10 hours to get it. I’m halfway tempted to tell them to take it straight back to California and dump it on their lawn. I’m so pissed.

dpl096
06-06-2019, 09:48 PM
Yes, they were a major player here on Chinariders for a few years. They were a brand, but the owner went to prison for falsifying VINs, so now are an importer (but are still an implied brand).

Sorry....but what an idiot! They always looked like fun bikes and the prices were incredible. I remember vaguely didn't people who bought and registered their bikes in good faith get their registrations yanked?

dpl096
06-06-2019, 09:51 PM
[QUOTE=Joshlaird;311204]Well I called roadrunner freight because the bike has been sitting there for 4 days at their hub 5 hours away. Turns out... they don’t ship here!!! I’m not making a 10 hour trip to go get it. I also don’t own a truck to get it. Not possible. So. What to do? Roketa, GokartsUSA, whoever the heck sent it should’ve checked to see if the bike would even get to me. How can you use a shipping company that doesn’t even go anywhere near me? How incompetent do you have to be? So the guy at the freight company took my number and they’re trying to get a different freight company to get it from there and bring it to me. And to be clear I mean the current frieght company. Not whoever shipped the bike. I doubt they care. They have my money already and their probably laughing thinking how I gotta go drive 10 hours to get it. I’m halfway tempted to tell them to take it straight back to California and dump it on their lawn. I’m so pissed.[/QUMa

I honestly don't known so am asking.... Is this another distribution point owned by Manny?

Megadan
06-07-2019, 01:15 AM
I honestly don't known so am asking.... Is this another distribution point owned by Manny?

Not likely. Roadrunner is a big intermodal and LTL transportation company. If "Manny" owned them he would be a millionaire and not likely to be selling cheap chinese products with sleezy business practices. Well, maybe he still would, but no he doesn't own Roadrunner.

No, what happened here was entirely the fault of the freight company or the consigner. They took the load without verifying that the delivery address was within delivery range of their nearest hub. Most LTL freight like those used to ship these bikes only operate within about a 200-300 mile range for pickup and delivery of their terminals due to DOT regulations regarding log times.

Joshlaird, no matter what you absolutely need to verify that you are not the one being billed for that second truck delivery. If they do try to push it off on you refuse delivery and send it back and get a full refund. Make sure to tell both companies you will do exactly that if you are being billed for it. It was their responsibility to ensure delivery for the agreed upon value already paid by you at the time of purchase, and that counts as a binding contract between the consigner and consignee (you). If there is an extra cost involved then they are the ones who will have to eat it.

Also, do everything you can to cover your ass. Communicate by e-mail or record the calls (make sure to inform them of you recording) if you have to. That way you can avoid heresay and have something to work for you. Freight companies and shippers will do everything they can within their power to shift costs somewhere other than themselves.

Joshlaird
06-07-2019, 08:27 AM
Yeah I’m definitely not paying for the second freight company that’s supposed to get it here. It’s been sitting at that other terminal for about 5 days now and roadrunner doesn’t seem at all motivated to get it to me. So... who knows when/ if I’ll get it. They don’t want to pay another company to get it to me and gokartsusa is saying they (roadrunner) have to pay this other company to get it to me. So... that’s why I say when/ if. Roadrunner has no incentive to do this I don’t think. So there it sits.

JerryHawk250
06-07-2019, 09:26 AM
Yeah I’m definitely not paying for the second freight company that’s supposed to get it here. It’s been sitting at that other terminal for about 5 days now and roadrunner doesn’t seem at all motivated to get it to me. So... who knows when/ if I’ll get it. They don’t want to pay another company to get it to me and gokartsusa is saying they (roadrunner) have to pay this other company to get it to me. So... that’s why I say when/ if. Roadrunner has no incentive to do this I don’t think. So there it sits.
If you paid for home delivery then gocartusa should do whatever it takes to make that happen and they should deal with the shipping company after. That's not your responsibility. I had a similar situation when I bought me Hawk and a UTV at the same time from APSCUSA. Both were coming out of the same warehouse. UTV got picked but the Hawk got left at the warehouse. For 2 days straight the shipper never showed up. I made one call to Don with APSCUSA (He wasn't very happy with them) and the bike got picked up that day by a different shipper and showed up the next day.

Be persistent with the dealer that it is not your fault there is a problem with the shipper. You paid to have it delivered to your door and is not your responsibility to see that it is delivered on time, its there responsibility.

Joshlaird
06-07-2019, 09:44 AM
You know... I hate to make waves... I’ve just checked on things and tried to find out what’s going on but I’m losing my patience. I guess I’m going to have to have a talk with them to get someone motivated to get the dang thing to me. I feel like if I don’t become a thorn in their side it’s never gonna show up.

Joshlaird
06-07-2019, 11:55 AM
“Good morning you reach Gokarts USA tech-support
The best thing to do is to wait and let them deliver it to you
There’s not really much more that we can do”

That’s what they said... so basically it’s all up to the shipper, they’re taking no responsibility for it. So I called up roadrunner again. He said he’d transfer me to the other company that is now shipping it to me. So I get on the phone with Southeastern freight. They don’t have it. The tracking number I have for roadrunner isn’t in their system and neither of them know where it is. So now I’m just supposed to wait and hope someone gets their crap together and the bike shows up someday. This is a step by step how not to do business. This is an absolute train wreck.

BUT... the woman at Southeastern said maybe they’re processing it on their end and if so there is a possibility I could have it as soon as Monday. But she doesn’t know. So that is purely the hypothetical best case scenario. So far everyone has been nice to talk to and polite and stuff. I haven’t been angry or anything either I’m just methodically figuring things out and trying to get answers and results. I’m not the type of person to blow up on ppl just doing their jobs. I’m sure this will work itself out in the end. It’s just a rough road getting there.

dpl096
06-07-2019, 10:17 PM
“Good morning you reach Gokarts USA tech-support
The best thing to do is to wait and let them deliver it to you
There’s not really much more that we can do”

That’s what they said... so basically it’s all up to the shipper, they’re taking no responsibility for it. So I called up roadrunner again. He said he’d transfer me to the other company that is now shipping it to me. So I get on the phone with Southeastern freight. They don’t have it. The tracking number I have for roadrunner isn’t in their system and neither of them know where it is. So now I’m just supposed to wait and hope someone gets their crap together and the bike shows up someday. This is a step by step how not to do business. This is an absolute train wreck.

BUT... the woman at Southeastern said maybe they’re processing it on their end and if so there is a possibility I could have it as soon as Monday. But she doesn’t know. So that is purely the hypothetical best case scenario. So far everyone has been nice to talk to and polite and stuff. I haven’t been angry or anything either I’m just methodically figuring things out and trying to get answers and results. I’m not the type of person to blow up on ppl just doing their jobs. I’m sure this will work itself out in the end. It’s just a rough road getting there.

Are we sure this isnt a federal government agency????? Sounds as well run and managed.

Joshlaird
06-08-2019, 10:31 AM
Well it did update and they do have it over in hazelhurst now. It just disappeared from tracking for a day. It is with Southeastern freight. Hopefully they’ll get me an appointment on Monday and I’ll have it by Tuesday. I don’t think they’ll send it out same day they call to schedule an appointment. At least now we know where it is. And it has to come to me soon. Hazelhurst is only an hour away from me. Tuesday is still 3 days away... goodness. It’s almost worth it for me to just rent a uhaul and go get it.

Joshlaird
06-10-2019, 04:42 PM
Well I finally got the bike. But the shipping company literally dropped it on the side of the road. This thing is 400 lbs. so... there it sits. I can’t move it. I got it from where it was going to get hit by a car to across the ditch but that’s as far as I can go.

JerryHawk250
06-10-2019, 05:41 PM
Wow! that is wrong in so many ways. :ohno: Were you there to sign for it?

Joshlaird
06-10-2019, 09:32 PM
The crate frame did a great job protecting the bike. It seems like it got dented pretty good. Bike is in perfect shape finally in the garage. Now I just need to get it put together and registered. Then come the mods!!! Tomorrow I’m gonna try to finish putting it together and hopefully get the front wheel on. I’ll update as everything goes. It’s a nice bike! It does seem pretty narrow though and small. I wish it had a little more fairing to it to make it a little more substantial.

Joshlaird
06-10-2019, 09:35 PM
Wow! that is wrong in so many ways. :ohno: Were you there to sign for it?

Yeah... he told me that they have some policy that they can’t go on residential property so he’d have to drop it there. I ended up having a friend come over a couple hours later and both of us dragged it in.

Joshlaird
06-12-2019, 04:47 PM
Got most the stickers off the bike. I’m gonna buff it out and see how it looks. The stickers were under a thin layer of clear coat so it left some ridges and ugliness. Got to the first start up finally and man this doesn’t sound like a 229cc. It’s pretty beefy sounding! This exhaust is a bit loud too. But I really like it. Idle was a little lower than I feel like it should be. It was sitting around 1000 with some dips below it. It runs good. I’m very surprised by the quality. I had pretty low expectations but it turns out everything fits really well and it’s well made. There are some ugly welds and that’s all I’ve really noticed wrong with it so far. The MCO was actually in the box! They sent me over a bill of sale emediately when I called them too. So I have everything I need to take to the DMV. The shipping process was completely awful but gokartsusa came through on getting it delivered undamaged and also getting my papers for the DMV. So... I’m pretty happy with the bike! Glad everything worked out. One good thing about these Bashans is they are 49 state legal and pretty easy to get registered. This bike also has a tag on the frame that has all the street legal info and vin and all. So that should be perfect for resale as well. Now I’m just looking forward to making it my own with mods!

culcune
06-12-2019, 08:35 PM
The exhaust sounded a little louder than most dual sports when I first saw the video of the bike posted by Roketa.

Joshlaird
06-12-2019, 09:16 PM
The exhaust sounded a little louder than most dual sports when I first saw the video of the bike posted by Roketa.

In person... it’s as loud as you would think an aftermarket exhaust should be. I was really surprised how loud it was, I was almost startled by it when I started it.

culcune
06-13-2019, 01:20 AM
In person... it’s as loud as you would think an aftermarket exhaust should be. I was really surprised how loud it was, I was almost startled by it when I started it.

I wonder how they got away with it :tup: Definitely one more on the plus side for this bike...

Joshlaird
06-16-2019, 09:15 PM
Some pics to show frame weld quality. Certainly not the greatest. Also I locktited everything possible. It seems to be much like the hawks or others. All pretty similar quality I think. Modifying this one will be just like the hawk too, it appears all the same mods will fit.

Joshlaird
06-17-2019, 05:45 PM
Went to the DMV to register it and all... no go. Gotta send the MCO back to them because it’s not filled out. I called gokartsusa and he was really nice about it and they’re getting a new one right out to me instead of me sending it back to them. So once I have that it should be all good according to DMV. Their customer service has been really nice and helpful pretty much every time I’ve called. They seem to actually have decent customer service even after the initial sale. I’ve read some horror stories on customer service and product issues and other than my shipping issue I really think they do a good job. As long as you have some patience on shipping I think I can recommend gokartsusa.