PDA

View Full Version : throttle

nick780
03-07-2008, 05:48 AM
i had a buddy from work ride my bike ,and he thinks you have to rev it to high to get the bike to take off in first gear, i havent rode it much yet , i got about 3 hours on it, the throttle seems to get alittle better after it warms up.

anybody got any ideads why i have to rev it alittle high to take off, or will it be better after i break it in?

ejcycles
03-07-2008, 10:36 AM
Hi nick780
First of all, what Year, Make & Model of quad do you have. It's difficult to give answers when we don't know what you have. They are not all the same.

Roketa atv-61 Ok, saw it in your other post "sorry". It looks air cooled is this so? Did a dealer prep the quad or did you? Did you check everything before running the quad, such as air filter, change the oil, check fuel hose routing, check clutch free play, check clutch adjustment, check chain adjustment etc.?

nick780
03-07-2008, 02:47 PM
well i did the prep work ,yes i changed the oil, checked hoses, check the air box, i did adjust the clutch but only at the handle bars, never checked the chain because it came with the chain on and the chain was tight.

checked with a mechanic buddy of mine and he said since i only got like 3 hours on it i should break it alot more and then see how it feels.

what do u think?and yes the bike is forced fan air cooled.

warrior91
03-08-2008, 08:47 PM
How about adjusting clutch on the side of the clutch cover...I'm asuming it is a semi auto tranny...???
Loosen jamnut ,Screw in adjuster till you feel resistance and back it out 1/4 turn , tighten Jam nut, Drive.

nick780
03-09-2008, 01:20 AM
its a manual clutch, but now im leaning towards something else,the bike idles fine ,when you give it alittle gas its fine, when you give it alot of gas its fine, (this is when its just sitting in neutral) but when i hold the throttle lever about close to half way down it hesitates and sputters for a min before it revs up.

TP
03-09-2008, 08:07 PM
Sounds like it is lean. You probably need to adjust the needle in the carb. Nearly all of these are adusted very lean from the factory. Simply move the C-clip down to the richest setting. Throttle response will improve dramatically. See this in the Tech info section:

http://chinariders.net/modules.php?name=Content&pa=showpage&pid=3

nick780
03-09-2008, 08:17 PM
TP you are right on! i found today it was running lean, and i needed to adjust the needle.(hopefully its an adjustable needle),