PDA

View Full Version : Swampy

2LZ
05-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Tomorrow is Swampy's last day at work. It'll be a short day, then retirement.

I'd like to start by wishing our China Rider Brother a fond farewell and a happy retirement. He was my boss for 4+ (very long) years. At first, he hated me, but then became fast friends. The difference in my work day now? No more email strings to each other helping to keep our sanity in the madness and utter frustration that is state service.

Why did they call him Swampy? Because he was the best swamp boat pilot in the Department. Even after he moved out of the field to a desk, they kept calling upon his talents to run night raids in his flack jacket, heard flocks of downed geese, to train new pilots or whatever was needed, much of this on his own time.

It was an honor to work with him and it's a bigger honor being his friend.

Take care buddy! I'm 22 days behind you!

Here's a pic of Swampy and the Lovely and Gracious Mrs. 2LZ enjoying good times.

Swampy
05-30-2019, 05:45 PM
Thanks for the kind words 2LZ. Totally looking forward to not working and plan to visit a bit more if you will have me. Your time is right around the corner...... We will always have FPL.

2LZ
05-30-2019, 05:47 PM
LOL! FPL. She was a legend in her own mind.

Weldangrind
05-31-2019, 12:11 PM
I hope I'm as fit as Swampy looks in that pic when I retire. I'm sure not right now.
Congrats Swampy! Happy retirement!

dpl096
05-31-2019, 09:19 PM
Congratulations swampy... Live life and love living it brother!

dpl096
05-31-2019, 09:21 PM
LOL! FPL. She was a legend in her own mind.

22 days.... Not counting hours yet? I hope they pass smoothly:tup:

cheesy
05-31-2019, 11:23 PM
I'm jealous.

wedooit
06-01-2019, 01:01 AM
Retirement? You guys don't look old enough to retire? What the heck? I guess I am grayed haired, and look old enough to retire, but somehow I don't think that way. But congrats to you all, you have earned it!