PDA

View Full Version : hello from colorado, apollo dbx19

almostoast
06-04-2019, 08:18 PM
hello folks, purchased myself a new apollo dbx19 from txpowersports and it should be here 6/6/19. six days from date of online purchase.
looking to get some advice on jetting my new pit bike. got scammed into the fake mikuni vm22. have a real one on the way. looking forward to learning all about what this thing can do. happy trails

dpl096
06-04-2019, 08:23 PM
Greetings and welcome aboard. Congratulations on the purchase and I'm sure one of our resident carb doctors will be of assistance.

JerryHawk250
06-04-2019, 08:34 PM
Welcome aboard! Don't forget to post plenty of pictures when you get it.

Merlin
06-04-2019, 08:53 PM
hello folks, purchased myself a new apollo dbx19 from txpowersports and it should be here 6/6/19. six days from date of online purchase.
looking to get some advice on jetting my new pit bike. got scammed into the fake mikuni vm22. have a real one on the way. looking forward to learning all about what this thing can do. happy trails

Howdy neighbor. I just bought land not to far from you. I hope you like new your bike.

Megadan
06-04-2019, 09:49 PM
That should be a fun little pit bike. It's kind of interesting to me that they come with a headlight, but I guess if you do plan on trying to trail ride it, that might come in handy if it gets dark out.

Weldangrind
06-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

wedooit
06-05-2019, 12:33 PM
Welcome!!! Yes there is some amazing carb docs on this site! Post some pixs ok!!!

almostoast
06-08-2019, 12:01 AM
hey guys, the bike showed up today. a day late but that's okay. it was shipped via ups. that was nice.
So, i guess I'll start off with Manny from tx powersports... I've read some the reviews about this fellow. Here's how my experience went.
Picked out my flavor of chinabike. the next morning he called me. asked me what my second color choice was because i put both colors as yellow. i wanted a yellow bike. but orange would do as well.
bike shows up. box is wrapped in black plastic. shipping invoice stapled to the plastic says apollo dbx19 yellow.
Bike is orange.
whatever. looks great honestly! it really does look just like the pictures and honestly it is put together O.K.
no missing parts!
no title though. and where's the free gloves and goggles manny,?? the was an ngk sparkplug in the head.
otherwise, she went together well. some stuff was some bullshit but I'll go into more detail on that in the next post.
and honestly after some tinkering with the idle screw on the stock carb and rerunning the throttle cable its running consistently well. the brakes and suspension are solid. the nuts and bolts are solid. locktite. ethenol free premium gas.
everything works.
and thats enough for today.

ill start bolting on the goodies one by one after me and this bike break each other in.
I haven't had a dirtbike or anyplace to ride around on for ten years.

Take care folks
-K

almostoast
06-08-2019, 12:04 AM
bike

wedooit
06-08-2019, 09:36 AM
NICE LOOKING BIKE!!!!! Congrats!!! nice clean shop!!! When you getter fired up, give us a test ride pros and cons. Do you have any pro and cons on the set up?

dpl096
06-08-2019, 09:06 PM
Congratulations on getting the bike in your possession. Fingers crossed that Manny gets you your paperwork in a timely manner.