PDA

View Full Version : Brozz-a-licious

herbie
06-10-2019, 06:13 PM
It arrived today!! :yay:

dpl096
06-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Hey hey hey hey .....this is great news!

chazglenn3
06-10-2019, 08:19 PM
Looks familiar! Congrats!

herbie
06-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Only had an hour or so, wished I had more time!

2LZ
06-11-2019, 10:17 AM
Isn't it amazing? You wait and wait and wait to get it and once it arrives, you can't find the time to assemble. Happens all the time.

culcune
06-11-2019, 10:27 AM
Only had an hour or so, wished I had more time!
Come on! Don't leave us hanging!! That other stuff can wait....

:lmao:

JerryHawk250
06-11-2019, 10:32 AM
I like the color. :tup:

2LZ
06-11-2019, 10:36 AM
I like the color. :tup:

One thing about an orange bike.... Everyone thinks it's a KTM. Happens with Q all the time.

"What size KTM?"
"It's a 200."
"I didn't think KTM made 200cc bikes?"
"They don't. It's Chinese."

Then the silence begins.....

GronkFries
06-11-2019, 11:23 AM
The crate packaging looks way better than other manufacturers.

chazglenn3
06-11-2019, 11:50 AM
The crating was surprisingly good I thought. Even better, I was able to dispose of all of it at the recycle area of the dump for free.

GronkFries
06-11-2019, 11:55 AM
I had a huge bag of 1" bolts when I was done unpacking mine lol. Also, I'd see a nut on the floor and think "Does that go on the bike or come off that janky crate".

duck9191
06-11-2019, 12:11 PM
One thing about an orange bike.... Everyone thinks it's a KTM. Happens with Q all the time.

"What size KTM?"
"It's a 200."
"I didn't think KTM made 200cc bikes?"

Same for any of the common import bikes colors that are near matches for their Japanese counterparts, Red= Honda, Blue=Yamaha, Green=kawasaki, Orange=KTM but strangely no Yellow for Suzuki.

herbie
06-11-2019, 02:04 PM
Getting closer, charging battery, and need to change engine oil and valve adjustment and a do dad here or there.
I attached a couple of pics to help someone in the future. The 3 bolts given for the front fender bracket, 2 work fine but the one closest to the engine needs to be a little shorter and with a smaller head like the one I have pictured. Just place the bracket in place and put supplied 2 bolts through tubes in front and put the shorter bolt with a smaller head toward motor through the tube. Be sure and use blue Loctite on shorter bolt at this point. Tighten all three bolts, when you have them tight remove the front two bolts and put the fender and fender support (with the two rubber things on it) in place and thread all four bolts in place. The two long ones you removed earlier and the two shorter ones that hold the fender in place. It was a piece of cake for me doing it this way, hope that all makes sense.

Sorry for the crooked pictures, they were straight before I uploaded them :crazy:
Oh yeah, I also went to the DMV this morning, boy I hate going to that place. I walked out with plates and the title is on its way! I was kinda expecting the great state of Illinois to charge me with a $1000 import tax or something but I guess they missed that one

dpl096
06-11-2019, 08:46 PM

Lmao... The look is like you just told a 4 year old Santa quit.... Speechless. I had the same on my RX3 only with BMW of all things...but the same silence.

chazglenn3
06-11-2019, 11:19 PM
Lmao... The look is like you just told a 4 year old Santa quit....

That's funny right there :lmao:

herbie
06-12-2019, 04:52 AM
Well its all done, its a pretty easy assembly really, just nuts and bolts. :)
Just a few notes in case someone is assembling a Brozz.
1) Make sure tab on speedometer housing is in between the notch on the front wheel hub.
2) Front fender as noted above
3) Check all wiring connections before installing headlight. I had a ground wire bullet connecter that came out and that would cause all kinds of electrical issues.
I changed the engine oil not because the shipped oil is junk oil or anything like that but I'm sure that the oil has been in the engine sitting there for several months and it's not a sealed system so moisture and contaminants can work there way inside. So I put in some fresh Rotella T4 15w40.

Valve adjustment: Super simple to do, remove 3 bolts in valve cover and pull cover off, mine came off on the exhaust pipe side easier oddly enough. Remove the big plug on top side of left engine cover, and remove spark plug. Turn engine over with the kick starter slowly and watch the valve movements and when you see the intake valve open and close look in the hole where the big plug was and align the T line to the housing. Verify that piston is at top of the stroke by looking into the spark plug hole. Time to check adjustment. My intake was at .002 and exhaust was at least .001 or less. I set the intake to .004 and the exhaust to .005.

Okay time to start it, filled with gas, set the choke to half choke and hit the starter button and it fired right up! :clap
The bike ran and revved great with no hesitations at all. The thing that surprised me was how smooth it was and very little to none on vibrations. Also I was kinda expecting the transmission to feel a little notchy or stiff until it broke in but really it shifted very nice and pretty smooth as well. Everything worked as it should with no problems at all, lights all worked, speedo, tach, gas gauge, shift indicator all worked great. The only real thing was burning off the oils and paint on the exhaust, man that thing was smoking. But it got better over time, although I didn't spend a lot of time riding it yet. I definitely will be deleting the catalytic convertor sometime soon, probably after the engine warranty expires. I'm not as worried about the obstruction that it causes as I am about the heat it is putting to the cylinder as it sits right next to it. That can't be good on it and will probably cause premature engine problems at least IMHO.

It is a whole different world coming off of a 100hp and probably close to 700 lb bike to this but its lightweight and fun to throw around. It definitely won't be winning any races but that's not what I bought it for anyway. So far so good and I do like it. I will review the bike when I put several hundred miles on it.

JerryHawk250
06-12-2019, 07:54 AM
Awesomeness at its finest :yay: One other thing to check is to make sure the plug wire is routed far enough away from the cat. It will get hot enough to melt the wire. Especially if you haven't tuned the carb yet and it running real lean. lean fuel mixture = very hot exhaust

herbie
06-12-2019, 09:53 AM
Thanks for the follow up! Yes do pull the slack out of the spark plug wire to keep it away from the heat, I forgot to mention that :doh:

herbie
06-29-2019, 01:33 PM
What a beautiful day for riding and what would make a good ride better? Well a nice tasty beverage of course (Ice Tea) :)
Any advice on getting pics to upload correct would be appreciated!

JerryHawk250
06-29-2019, 01:45 PM
The the pictures in landscape mode works for me.

herbie
06-30-2019, 06:35 PM
Well I've put a few hundred miles on the Brozz now and I really enjoy riding it, it's a fun light weight bike. I have had it to top speed several times and it max's out at 71mph on the digital speedometer but with my phone speedometer app it is only going 62.8 mph. That was bone stock without any modifications done and on flat ground with little to no wind push. For reference sake I am 192 pounds and 6' 1" tall. When I sit on the bike I can't flat foot it, the balls of my feet are on the ground and that's it, so I would say this is a pretty tall bike but I'm sure with a few adjustments or mods it could be lowered rather easily.

I would say only a couple of small complaints;
I had the gas cap leak on the first fill up but a simple O-ring fix and it hasn't leaked since.
The digital speedometer is off a little at low speed and gets off more and more as speed increases. I would say as much as 8mph at top speed.
And lastly as with all the Chinese enduro's it lacks a little in the engine department, it's not awful but for me it needs a few mods.

Recently I've done a few mods on it and will discuss it in another thread when I'm ready to. The time to top speed is better, meaning quicker acceleration but the engine has a wall at about 7000- 7500 rpm. I'm not sure if anything can be done about that but I will be working on it in the future.

As for now it does pretty good as an all around commuter and will hold 55mph pretty good so I can take it just about anywhere as long as I stay off the Interstates. It gets good fuel economy and seems to be a pretty sturdy and well built bike that will last a long time. I can take my hands off the handlebars at 55mph and it goes straight done the road and no death wobble, not even a twinge. ( I know I shouldn't take my hands off the bars, It was just a test) ;)

I would say if you were considering a Brozz it is a good bike for the money and Peace Sports in Atlanta has parts for the bike which is great when you need them! In my experience with them they are a very good dealer and want to expand the Brozz sales across the US, maybe to be similar to the CSC tt250 but only time will tell.
All in all I'm happy with the purchase and look forward to making the Brozz just right for me! :tup:

NzBrakelathes
06-30-2019, 06:40 PM
Herbie was it you I sent a tune kit too?
Did it have what you needed etc?

herbie
06-30-2019, 06:44 PM
Yes sir, the pumper carb kit! Everything I needed was there, very happy with it. :tup:

herbie
08-03-2019, 11:50 AM
Well I hit the 1000 miles mark and thought I would share my thoughts on the bike after a couple of months of ownership.

This bike has been a whole lot of fun to ride, it's light, easy to throw around and runs really really good. I have a two car detached garage which the Brozz sleeps in and when it's time to go for a ride I open up the garage door and hit my start button on my key fob from inside the house and it fires up the first time every time. While I get my shoes on and stuff together the bike is warming up and is ready to go when I get out there.(Really cool feature)

I have only had one issue and that was one of the exhaust nuts fell off, the one which bolts the head pipe to the head. I had the exhaust off and on several times so it was probably my fault. I double nutted both of those so I will not have that happen anymore.
I check the nuts and bolt occasionally on the bike and so far nothing has come loose or needed to be retightened. Everything on the bike still works with no complaints of any kind.

The speedometer on the Brozz is off some as is most if not all Chinese bikes. So I ride a lot with my phone app on GPS speedometer mode. After riding with the app over 500 miles I am pretty confident I don't need it anymore because my rpm in 5th gear tells me what speed I am running.
4500 rpm= 45mph
5000 rpm= 50mph
5500 rpm=55mph
6000 rpm=60mph
6500 rpm=65mph
7000 rpm=70mph
This isn't 100 percent accurate but it is real close as I've checked it multiple times. This is with my sprocket gearing at 17f 40r
It will hold highway speed 55mph real good and will even hold 65mph Interstate speeds most of the time.
I feel pretty confident this bike will run prolonged distances at 6000 to 6500 rpm without causing engine damage. I wouldn't want to run at max throttle which is 7000-7500 for very long, I'm not sure if it would cause a problem or not it's just my opinion.
The Brozz is a good cruising bike, it's very smooth going down the road and stable as well. I was kinda surprised at how well it does on the highway for such a light bike.
My gas mileage is pretty good, I drove about 152 miles last Saturday and put in 2.2 Gallons of gas, which is about 70mpg. That was a lot of almost wide open throttle driving too. I think I would get about 75mpg or so with normal riding.

One thing that is pretty cool about the bike is it is unique in my area. I don't think there is another bike like it in my area. I get looks all the time and when I run to the store I have people asking what kind of bike is that? I love demonstrating some of the cool things about the bike. They are always amazed when I hit the start button on the key fob and demonstrate the alarm system. One guy said he wanted to buy one for his wife so I tell them about Peace sports and to go to Brozz250.com. But it would be easier if I had a few business cards to pass out. Jeffrey are you reading? Send me a few business cards, what's the going rate for referrals anyway? Just kidding :lmao:

I would say if you want a good reliable bike that has quite a bit for the money and if you do mostly road riding, I'd say 80 road 20 trails then this may be the bike for you. I'm glad I bought the Brozz and would highly recommend it as a commuter bike. One thing I would like to point out though is the seat height, it has a tall seat height and may be difficult for those under maybe 5' 9" or so. At least in stock form, I'm sure you could lower the bike some but I haven't messed with mine as I'm 6' 1" and fits me pretty good,

goat67
08-04-2019, 08:55 AM
Well I hit the 1000 miles mark and thought I would share my thoughts on the bike after a couple of months of ownership.

This bike has been a whole lot of fun to ride, it's light, easy to throw around and runs really really good. I have a two car detached garage which the Brozz sleeps in and when it's time to go for a ride I open up the garage door and hit my start button on my key fob from inside the house and it fires up the first time every time. While I get my shoes on and stuff together the bike is warming up and is ready to go when I get out there.(Really cool feature)

I have only had one issue and that was one of the exhaust nuts fell off, the one which bolts the head pipe to the head. I had the exhaust off and on several times so it was probably my fault. I double nutted both of those so I will not have that happen anymore.
I check the nuts and bolt occasionally on the bike and so far nothing has come loose or needed to be retightened. Everything on the bike still works with no complaints of any kind.

The speedometer on the Brozz is off some as is most if not all Chinese bikes. So I ride a lot with my phone app on GPS speedometer mode. After riding with the app over 500 miles I am pretty confident I don't need it anymore because my rpm in 5th gear tells me what speed I am running.
4500 rpm= 45mph
5000 rpm= 50mph
5500 rpm=55mph
6000 rpm=60mph
6500 rpm=65mph
7000 rpm=70mph
This isn't 100 percent accurate but it is real close as I've checked it multiple times. This is with my sprocket gearing at 17f 40r
It will hold highway speed 55mph real good and will even hold 65mph Interstate speeds most of the time.
I feel pretty confident this bike will run prolonged distances at 6000 to 6500 rpm without causing engine damage. I wouldn't want to run at max throttle which is 7000-7500 for very long, I'm not sure if it would cause a problem or not it's just my opinion.
The Brozz is a good cruising bike, it's very smooth going down the road and stable as well. I was kinda surprised at how well it does on the highway for such a light bike.
My gas mileage is pretty good, I drove about 152 miles last Saturday and put in 2.2 Gallons of gas, which is about 70mpg. That was a lot of almost wide open throttle driving too. I think I would get about 75mpg or so with normal riding.

One thing that is pretty cool about the bike is it is unique in my area. I don't think there is another bike like it in my area. I get looks all the time and when I run to the store I have people asking what kind of bike is that? I love demonstrating some of the cool things about the bike. They are always amazed when I hit the start button on the key fob and demonstrate the alarm system. One guy said he wanted to buy one for his wife so I tell them about Peace sports and to go to Brozz250.com. But it would be easier if I had a few business cards to pass out. Jeffrey are you reading? Send me a few business cards, what's the going rate for referrals anyway? Just kidding :lmao:

I would say if you want a good reliable bike that has quite a bit for the money and if you do mostly road riding, I'd say 80 road 20 trails then this may be the bike for you. I'm glad I bought the Brozz and would highly recommend it as a commuter bike. One thing I would like to point out though is the seat height, it has a tall seat height and may be difficult for those under maybe 5' 9" or so. At least in stock form, I'm sure you could lower the bike some but I haven't messed with mine as I'm 6' 1" and fits me pretty good,

Love the review

Can you tell me about the windshield? Got a link to it?
Where did you get the 40 tooth rear sprocket? I am running the stock 46

herbie
08-04-2019, 10:20 AM
Thank you for the kind words!

This is what the windshield is. It's pretty pricey but works fantastic, fortunately for me I found one used on ebay for $50+$15 shipping that was like new. It attach's to the bars with just two attaching points which I was a little uncertain about but seems to work good. The little shield at the top is adjustable and really deflects the air up and over causing less wind buffeting on your helmet. It is narrow at the base of it which allows enough airflow to pass around the shield to keep you cool on hot days. The only downside is the aesthetic part of it, it doesn't flow real well with the lines of the bike but it's not horrible , at least I think so. If the base of it was a little wider it would look great I think but not sure how that would effect the airflow. Bottom line is I love it very much because it performs well as does what it is supposed to do, not to mention deflecting all those pesky bugs out of your face. :)

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/mra-variotouringscreen-universal-windshield?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cse&utm_campaign=PLA-MRA-Products&utm_id=bing_73550792_4818532992_16479908869_pla-1100507311190_c&utm_term=1100507311190&msclkid=b50118088542144504d8452591d1c4c4

This is the sprocket and chain I bought and I like both. I might add I did make a large washer to go in between the front sprocket to push the sprocket in a little to better align the new rear sprocket because the new sprocket sets in 1/4 more than the stock sprocket. If you want me to I can take a pic of it and post it on the Chain and sprocket thread. Also I took out 2 links of the new chain for a tighter fit, you could do it with just 1 link taken out though as 2 links has the adjustment all the way forward and is pretty tight. But it does stretch a little so it will loosen up over time. I have about 500 miles on mine and haven't adjusted yet but I am getting pretty close to needing it.

Rear Sprocket- JTR269.40

Chain- JTC428HDR128SL

herbie
08-12-2019, 07:05 PM
Well it was raining last night and this morning and I am off work today so I decided to go ahead and remove my forks and change the fork oil. I drained and pumped and drained and pumped and I got out 230ml of oil. I wanted to get as much as possible of the Chinese oil so I left them to drain over night. I got another 80ml of oil out of it. So my total oil is 310ml of fork oil per leg. I decided to go with 10w oil as I ride mostly on the road. I took it for a spin and I am very happy with the results. :tup:

duck9191
08-12-2019, 09:48 PM
Did you just pop the tops lose? Project I want to tackle this winter on my storm.

herbie
08-13-2019, 04:30 AM
Yes, I just unscrewed the top and slid the tube down. The top "cap" stays attached which is different from what I'm used to, with regular forks this would normally be the bottom of the fork. This is my first time with inverted forks, Easy job though

duck9191
08-13-2019, 08:07 AM
Yeah i've never messed with USD forks, sounds easy enough. Mine are soft enough that our crap MI roads will use most of the travel.

wedooit
08-15-2019, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the info herbie, I think my forks are the same. I had to repair the fork seals on the ttr225 yammy, and of course the darn service manual didn't cover the style that was on the bike, and of course I haven't done that repair in years. I needed a hex metric tool, and of course couldn't find my set. Then I couldn't find my favorite 3/8 and 1/4 drive ratchets, that someone put in the wrong place. GOOD NEWS, I found the metric set, found the ratchets, and fork seals got replaced. No I don't have dementia as of yet (the mrs thinks I do)LOL!!!!

herbie
08-15-2019, 06:21 PM
Ha Ha, Yeah I hate it when someone misplaces my tools :lmao:
Dementia, yeah I resemble that! It's rough getting old

Thebrozzanator
08-27-2019, 03:33 PM
Bike looks very nice in red. I just got my blue one yesterday. I'll be posting pics very soon. Quick question should i do valve adjustment before i break her in? I've read they come tight from factory. Not sure if this is intended for break in period. Or they just want the bike to break lol. Please any feedback welcome I'm fairly new to all of this.

wedooit
08-27-2019, 11:46 PM
Brozz Sir, yes adjust the valves. Mine and several others were way to tite, congrats!

Thebrozzanator
08-28-2019, 12:26 AM
Thank you, and also for some feedback. I will add this to list of things before riding.:tup:

herbie
08-28-2019, 04:22 AM
Bike looks very nice in red. I just got my blue one yesterday. I'll be posting pics very soon. Quick question should i do valve adjustment before i break her in? I've read they come tight from factory. Not sure if this is intended for break in period. Or they just want the bike to break lol. Please any feedback welcome I'm fairly new to all of this.

Congrats on the new bike! I'd like to see that blue in person, sure looks purty on the video. As wedooit said I would check and adjust if necessary, it's a pretty easy job if you've done that sort of thing before.

Thebrozzanator
08-29-2019, 12:07 AM
Thanks a lot herbie. Just got my feeler tool tonight gonna check them tomorrow. I'm learning a lot thanks to all you china riding freaks lol Thank you all.

herbie
08-30-2019, 10:51 AM
Thanks a lot herbie. Just got my feeler tool tonight gonna check them tomorrow. I'm learning a lot thanks to all you china riding freaks lol Thank you all.

Cool, report your findings it may help others and us old guys are, well just nosey. :)

Thebrozzanator
08-31-2019, 01:19 AM
I posted my results on my first thread with pics. Def too tight no play at all. Would def recommend just like all the master hawk riders say.

Musictrek
09-07-2019, 12:24 AM
Well it was raining last night and this morning and I am off work today so I decided to go ahead and remove my forks and change the fork oil. I drained and pumped and drained and pumped and I got out 230ml of oil. I wanted to get as much as possible of the Chinese oil so I left them to drain over night. I got another 80ml of oil out of it. So my total oil is 310ml of fork oil per leg. I decided to go with 10w oil as I ride mostly on the road. I took it for a spin and I am very happy with the results. :tup:

Good information, I'll do that sooner or later to my 2019 Brozz250

herbie
09-07-2019, 12:41 PM
Bike is still running great at close to 2000 miles! Beautiful day for a ride!

wedooit
09-08-2019, 12:45 PM
Nice pix Herbie! Raining cats and dogs in se Idaho today!!!

herbie
09-08-2019, 06:25 PM
Nice pix Herbie! Raining cats and dogs in se Idaho today!!!

Thanks and yeah, rained here today too, seems like we have had an overabundance of rain this year.

herbie
09-23-2019, 03:34 PM
2500 miles and still going strong!

herbie
11-09-2019, 05:29 PM
Work and bad weather has prevented me from riding and working on my bike but I finally had some time to finish a few things and take it out for a ride today. I ported and polished the exhaust port only, I didn't touch the intake port and I took off 30 thousands off of the head surface and installed the head on my bike. The head made quite a bit of difference with the power I had and is good enough where I think I found my happy place with it. I only got to ride about 100 miles today so my opinions could change as I have more time to ride but we will see.
I left for my ride today with a temperature of 53 and 13mph winds. The biggest gain I can report is as I was on my way home I was riding against the wind all the way and with wide open throttle I was running a steady 70mph on the Brozz speedo which is about 64mph GPS. Before I would probably been down to about 59mph GPS with the head wind, so that is a definite win I think. My goal when I started out was to try and hold a 65mph speed as much as possible and I think now I am pretty close to that. Now if I had a big hill and strong wind I don't think I would be able to hold 65 at all but where it is now I am happy with it.
I also changed out the exhaust for the crf230 ebay aftermarket exhaust at a whopping cost of $76. I didn't like the way that it was going together as it looked like it was rubbing on the airbox and clutch lever. So I ordered a piece of 1-1/4" pipe and cut about 6" off and flared one end of it out. I installed the piece of pipe between the head pipe and mid pipe and that fixed all of the issues. Nothing is hitting anymore and the muffler that came with the exhaust even bolted to the stock mounting holes on the bike.( One thing to note is that the mid pipe mounting hole had to be moved because the mounting plate was pushed back toward the rear tire. I cut a piece of scap metal and drilled 2 holes and mounted it as an extension.) I wrapped the full exhaust again and it looks nice I think. My first start up and ride only took about 3 minutes before I said THIS THING IS TOO LOUD!! So back in the house I went and I found a Db killer on ebay that I thought I would try. It was one that was intended to be installed at the inlet of the exhaust so I had to drill some holes in the blank off plate to make it work since I wanted to install it in the outlet of the muffler. The sound is just perfect now, it has a rumble but not annoying at highway speeds.
I also re-jetted the carb, I went with a 42p 120m as before it was a 38p 119m
I didn't take many pictures of the head as I didn't think about it at the time. The pic of the exhaust port was before I was totally finished as I did work out some of the cut marks.
I might also add that on the performance of the new head that it does pull stronger in the upper rpm range, in 4th gear I hit 8000 rpm and was running 70mph on the Brozz speedo (64mph) and my top speed was 82mph on the Brozz speedo (74mph) and running at 7500-7600 rpm

herbie
11-09-2019, 05:30 PM
Exhaust

herbie
11-09-2019, 05:31 PM
DB killer in the muffler

herbie
11-09-2019, 05:34 PM
I also installed some LED lights

herbie
11-10-2019, 11:09 AM
In case you wanted to see a headless Brozz. Peace sports parts fiche shows 3 dowel pins and a o ring. Mine came with only 2 and no o ring. I guess it works fine this way as I haven't had any problems with it.

herbie
11-10-2019, 11:17 AM
A little difference in the x pro gasket and the Brozz gasket. The Brozz gasket is marked CG200-B

JerryHawk250
11-10-2019, 11:17 AM
Nice work.:tup: You might want to look at getting a Nibbi PE30 smooth bore carb. The PZ30 will be a little restrictive with the porting and deck work.

herbie
11-10-2019, 01:07 PM
Thanks Jerry! I have been looking at different carbs but to tell you the truth I really like the pumper carb. I still have a little birthday money left and may get one anyway, you can never have too many parts! Okay well maybe you can :tup:
Do you think it will make an improvement on top end because that’s the one area it maybe lacking a little in.

JerryHawk250
11-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Thanks Jerry! I have been looking at different carbs but to tell you the truth I really like the pumper carb. I still have a little birthday money left and may get one anyway, you can never have too many parts! Okay well maybe you can :tup:
Do you think it will make an improvement on top end because that’s the one area it maybe lacking a little in. I noticed a difference throughtout the RPM range including top end.

herbie
11-10-2019, 01:59 PM
Would you recommend the Nibbi over the PWK?

JerryHawk250
11-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Would you recommend the Nibbi over the PWK? Yes. It will be much easier to tune too.

herbie
11-21-2019, 08:10 PM
Hello my name is herbie and I have a Amazon addiction! :shrug:

JerryHawk250
11-21-2019, 08:28 PM
Hello my name is herbie and I have a Amazon addiction! :shrug:
Nahh, your just a true chinarider. Lol

herbie
11-29-2019, 02:15 PM
I got it installed and I'm on my 3rd intake. This one seems to fit pretty good but the hole in the flange is a little larger than 30mm and it has some head showing when you look into the hole. I need to port match it but for now I'm going with it to try it out the way it is. I've done several jetting changes but at 38 degrees its going to be off when it comes riding season and the higher temps hit. But right now I'm at 42 pilot/slow jet and 125 main with the needle in the 4th position, air screw out about 2 3/4 turns. It runs pretty good but full throttle is bogging still, the plug looks pretty good. I have to play with it next year as I think my riding season is over for this year. I did recheck my compression after the head work and it jumped from 172 to 181 so that's good.

herbie
11-30-2019, 12:54 PM
Just for reference, if someone plans on going with the Nibbi PE30 carb on the Brozz, These are the 3 intakes I tried.

https://www.amazon.com/TC-Motor-Upgrade-Carburetor-Manifold-Motorcycle/dp/B01FAGIS7U/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=cg250+intake&qid=1575134592&sr=8-6

This one is pretty close to fitting it puts the carb at a slight downward angle and the carb tucks a little behind the frame. With a little bending of the rubber you can make it work but I believe it puts too much pressure on the rubber and will split eventually so this was a no go for me.

The next one was the Nibbi CQR intake.

https://www.amazon.com/NIBBI-Performance-Connector-Motorcycle-Motorcross/dp/B07PCN9MQW/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=nibbi+car+intake&qid=1575136544&sr=8-4

I wanted this one to work because I like the design and quality of this one but it puts the carb right into the frame. I think it's possible to use this one with a rubber elbow with a slight bend outward but unfortunately I couldn't find what I needed to make it work, so this was a no for me too.

This is the current one I have on it.
https://www.amazon.com/Intake-Manifold-Jianshe-Scooter-Go-Kart/dp/B07W7CS73H/ref=sr_1_5?keywords=jianshe+250cc+intake&qid=1575136646&sr=8-5

It's a little large on the rubber end but a clamp seems to squeeze it pretty tight without leaking. I had to remove the vacuum port because it was hitting on the head mounting bracket, I just unscrewed the nipple and screwed in a small machine screw coated with ultra black rtv. The last issue is the flange end where it mounts to the head. The opening is a little larger than the opening in the head so I will have to port match it to make the flow uninhibited. The intake does seem to put the carb in a good position though and the air filter is easy to slip on.

I may wait and try and find the one that Dan found on taoboa but that website looks a little intimidating to me. I can't seem to find it anywhere else though.

herbie
12-08-2019, 04:22 PM
I had a little time to work on my jetting today. It was a windy 49 degrees so not too awful bad but not great to ride in either. Anyway, after several jetting changes I ended up with 40 slow jet/ pilot, 128 main, needle in middle position and air screw out 2 1/2 turns. It runs really good with this jetting but I haven't oiled my air filter yet which will lower my jetting a tad bit. I hit over 8000 rpms several times and I can tell an increase in performance throughout the rpm range. The idle is dead smooth at 1500 rpm and it starts much easier as well.
The one issue I haven't resolved yet is the intake. As you can see in the pic the intake opening is quite a bit larger than the opening in the head. I was thinking about port matching the intake but I decided to go with the same intake as Megadan because I think it will match the port much better without all the work involved. Dan was kind enough to help me with how to order from Taobao website. So I ordered a few extra intakes, so if anyone is interested in going this route I will sell you one at my cost with whatever shipping it will be to your door. I just ordered a week or so ago so it maybe a month or two. Just message me and let me know if you are interested and I will let you know the cost.

Thanks Megadan and Jerryhawk250 for the help, I think this carb will be a great improvement in performance. :tup:

herbie
01-01-2020, 05:42 PM
My new intake manifold came in

herbie
01-01-2020, 05:56 PM
It was a fairly warm Jan 1 at 52 degrees so I took the bike out to see how what it run like with the new manifold. I could tell it was running a little lean at 3/4 to full throttle so I changed the main jet to a 130. It is running pretty decent but not perfect, I need to do a little more fine tuning but I'm getting really close. This carb is really sensitive to changes in the jetting. I also oiled the air filter before I made my jetting change. Right now I'm at a 40 slow 130 main jet with the air screw out 2 1/2 turns.
I did a top speed run today on the same section of interstate that I always do my top speed runs on, sitting in normal riding position on a relatively flat section of road and top speed was 78mph, which I think is a great improvement. I really like this carb, it is very responsive and pulls better all the way up to max rpm's. The only real downside is the tuning takes a little more time and effort to get the most out of it.

duck9191
01-01-2020, 08:02 PM
I want an intake like that just for the simplicity of jetting lol. Miss my old dirt bikes that were clamped on. Looks like its running pretty good, about 13 mph better than I can do.

herbie
01-01-2020, 09:54 PM
Hey Duck, yeah it's probably close to the max, I'm thinking on a good day when all things are perfect I will get to 80mph, just maybe.
If you wanted one of these intakes I bought 3 and will sell two for what I paid which is $7 a piece, plus whatever shipping would be unless you wanted to take a trip to Illinois. :lmao:

JerryHawk250
01-02-2020, 07:55 AM
Sounds like you got it running pretty good Herbie. :tup: You are running about the same as I am. I hit 80mph once but got a little squirrely so never attempted it again. lol I'm still running stock nobbies. My front tire seems to be a little out of round and has a slight bounce at low speeds around 40 mph. I do have a set of 50/50 tires that I will try out once I wear these down.

herbie
01-03-2020, 04:05 AM
Thanks Jerry! How many miles do you get out of the stock nobbies? I think my tires will be pretty much done at 5k miles. I bet your bike will be lots better on the road with those 50/50 tires. I'm kinda considering straight street tires for a replacement but I'm on the fence about it.

JerryHawk250
01-03-2020, 07:34 AM
The front tires about 2500 miles and the rear close to 5000 miles. I'm on my third front tire and is almost worn out. I just turned over to 7500 miles on the bike. I'm on my 2nd rear tire and it still has a good bit of tread. I have one new stock knobby and new 50/50 front and rear set ready when time comes to change them thanks to a couple of generous members on here that sent me there take-off stock tires. :tup:

herbie
01-04-2020, 07:25 AM
thanks to a couple of generous members on here that sent me there take-off stock tires. :tup:

Nice! That's awesome, with all the bad news in the world today it's nice to hear about acts of kindness. :tup:

Arkbill
03-03-2020, 07:36 AM
The Green Brozz standard arrived one week ago which was one day earlier than expected. The bike was packaged well and undamaged.

I have been riding and wrenching on two wheeled vehicles for 50 years and this is my first China bike. I am impressed so far. I was careful with the assembly and used locktite on everything.

I did a lot of research and I think the standard Brozz is a ‘sweet spot’ in the market. I also would recommend Jeff and Peace Industries as a great place to do business.

The bike started right up and I now have 10 miles on it.

herbie
03-03-2020, 09:36 PM
Congrats on the new Brozz! 50 years with bikes huh, sounds like me :tup:
I like the green color

cycleway4
03-04-2020, 06:02 PM
Congrats on the new Brozz! 50 years with bikes huh, sounds like me :tup:
I like the green color

ditto above....