PDA

View Full Version : bd125-8 Clutch

fast92rs
06-13-2019, 03:49 PM
Just got my Venom bike and I noticed the clutch does not grab until its almost released. There is basically zero friction zone. Are there any adjustments for this? Does it change as it breaks in? I think I saw another post mentioned this but can't find it.

RedCrowRides
06-13-2019, 06:18 PM
There is an adjuster on the lever under the rubber cover ,and yes it does get better as the bike breaks in .

fast92rs
06-13-2019, 07:03 PM
There is an adjuster on the lever under the rubber cover ,and yes it does get better as the bike breaks in .

Yeah I saw that adjuster and the one by the engine. Just wondering if there was some other adjustment I was missing.

Whisky
06-13-2019, 10:34 PM
U can also adjust clutch down by where
The cable connects to the clutch arm, make
Your main adjustments here then fine tune
at handle bars.

pete
06-14-2019, 01:26 AM
On the right side of the motor there is a round cover
held on by two screws..
under that you will find the clutch thow cam and adjuster screw..
if that's not set right you can fiddle around with the cables all day
and get nowhere...

fast92rs
06-17-2019, 06:36 PM
I adjusted the cable till both adjustments were all the way in. It's slightly better now. Almost seems like the cable may be a tad bit too short. Going to check under the cover tomorrow.

SleepyC
06-18-2019, 01:55 PM
I adjusted the cable till both adjustments were all the way in. It's slightly better now. Almost seems like the cable may be a tad bit too short. Going to check under the cover tomorrow.

Check that the end of the cable going into the clutch arm on the motor is seated properly. I was having the same issue as you with my Hellcat, and after eyeballing the cable for a few hours and trying to adjust it, I noticed the metal bobbin that fits into the arm was not pushed all the way in. Once I did that I was able to adjust it to perfection.
:yay: