PDA

View Full Version : Hellcat Crazy Vibrations

cam125
07-08-2019, 02:51 PM
Hello all,
I recently bought a hellcat 125 and it has extreme vibrations in the front fairings and whole bike anywhere above 3k rpm that make it basically unridable. I have made sure all bolts are tight however it doesn’t change. I am going to order new engine mount bolts as others say, but could is this vibration what others experience before switching bolts?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

RedCrowRides
07-08-2019, 05:46 PM
Are you getting the vibrations all the time whether stopped or moving ?
There is a little "buzzy" feeling vibration in most of these Chinabikes but nothing that should even approach making it an unridable condition. Did you buy it new or used ,it sounds like to me at least one of the engine mount bolts are broken, thats the only thing i am aware of that could account for that severe of vibration ,these engines do not have counterbalancers and thats what causes the "buzz" but should not be anything crazy . It's also possible the clutch basket nut has backed off and while the clutch may still work ,the basket is wobbling / off center as a result and the more you rev it the more pronounced that "sling" is going to be or get.

So, if it is vibrating that bad whether stopped or in motion double check both engine mount bolts and make sure one or both aint broke and then pull the clutch side cover and make sure the clutch basket nut is good and tight. If that does not resolve the issue I'm not sure what it could be maybe some others will chime in with some ideas,there are a few things it could be if it only did it when moving but need some input for that.

cam125
07-08-2019, 11:35 PM
I have no idea how I didnt realize and I feel slow LOL! But you are exactly right my engine mount rear bolt is broken in the middle. Thank you so much for your time :thanks:

scoot newb
07-11-2019, 02:39 AM
BFD8X120YLW - Flange Bolt 10.9 Yellow Zinc [4984]

(https://www.belmetric.com/8mm-c-2_1208_1221/bfd8x120ylw-flange-bolt-109-yellow-zinc-p-4984.html)
BFD8X110YLW - Flange Bolt 10.9 Yellow Zinc [6032] (https://www.belmetric.com/m8-coarse-c-2_1208_1221/bfd8x110ylw-flange-bolt-109-yellow-zinc-p-6032.html)

These are what I used. The longer one goes in the top.