PDA

View Full Version : Sad with Sikk

notme
03-12-2008, 09:10 PM
First let me say the Sikk Trail 125cc is a good idea... so much so I bought two! A 2006 and a 2007

I wanted light trail bikes to toss in the van for that replace bicycles when I travel and camp in the forest.

Having owned small Honda's before, I was not expecting a power house but was I disappointed in the Sikk engine. That in it self should not have been a problem because big bore kits and performance parts should be available.

That is where the problem started... The engine Sikk uses is a small valve, low compression with a odd-ball head and uses a 13mm piston pin. So if I decide to bring the engine to life it requires a $170.00 piston & cylinder , a $249.00 head and a new $75.00 cam! NO DEAL

Bottom-line, had I know the Sikk engine had a odd-ball mill I would NOT have bought the Sikk Trail 125cc. Now I know why nobody keeps the very long

ChiGongJitsu
03-13-2008, 08:13 PM
that sux, i wonder if the 50 or 110 based pit bike engines will fit that bike

that'd be sick to throw a gpx150 engine in there, but it'd be pricey to do that...

notme
03-13-2008, 08:39 PM
I bought a 150cc off ebay for $225.00, put it in and there is a big difference even if the Lifan 150 is the old style motor.

I bet a 150 race motor would be the ticket... The bike has potential, I am putting on lower peg and raising the handle bars. It is funky to ride the way Sikk has it setup from the factory... the super high pegs make the center of gravity is too high and that makes riding in mud difficult. Like trying to stand on ice with stilts.

ChiGongJitsu
03-15-2008, 07:34 PM
lol yeah, it seems like it would have been the same as riding a pit bike, just longer and with bigger wheels, are your knees all crammed up by the handlebars?

I was thinking of trying to lower my pegs, but then i'd have to lower the engine and the rear brake pedal, which would have been a pain because i'm not a fabricator 8O

i ended up having to add a few inches of padding to the seat to make it more rideable, or less awkward