PDA

View Full Version : Pit-bike build update

kelly5150
03-13-2008, 08:06 AM
Well, its going . Alot of work, alot of custom fitting stuff . Will have some pics of the progress this weekend or sooner . Still waiting on my tires out of Canada , Giovanni stuff . Been sick with a Flu down here in the States, nasty one , so progress has been spuratic at best . It is close though . Going through the bolts and nuts takes forever to alter or change them over to good ones . Its looking pretty monsterous though now . Will try to take some pics today after I get a chance to get farther on it today . I really went all out from the last post on this beast . Got a chrome Stator cover to go on the motor to make it look better and to be able to change out sprockets easier too and to keep the cases from breaking if the chain falls off . Picked up a nice looking silver billet brake peddle too, spendy little unit . Still waiting on some of my parts so the pics will be un-done, but it is about 90% . Decided to buy all new plastics, tank, etc, so I am into this beast for just about 2 full size DB27's easilly, and of course I am not done either . Nuts and bolts cost a fortune too , let alone gas money everytime I take a trip tot he parts house . Is it worth it ? Yup ! It is one bad mamma-jamma and exactly what I want , thats priceless .

Cheers, Kelly5150 out

culcune
03-13-2008, 10:02 AM
We have been wondering what's been up with you. I thought it was just you giving up on us for us not all seeing eye to eye on the ELF thread, LOL

kelly5150
03-13-2008, 12:40 PM
No, a big fat negative on that E.L.F thing. I do believe in freedom of choice, speech, etc , so its all good . Please think how you want , that is why my Dad fought for this country . Just been really sick, still am .
Between watching the cold nasty rain and caughing out a lung every two minutes, I am not too sure about how much I am getting done today .

Later, Cheers, Kelly5150

ChiGongJitsu
03-13-2008, 08:10 PM
do klx110 plastics bolt up to your new frame? if so, that's gonna be sick!

looking forward to pics too, and i was thinkin about getting a carbon fiber stator cover and carbon fiber looking plastics (not real carbon fiber).
not only are the cut-out stator covers functional, they look really really really cool too :lol:

fight off that bug! 8O

kelly5150
03-14-2008, 05:27 AM
ChiGongJitsu,
not sure if those plastics would or would not bolt right up to the Coolster Jumper frame or not ? I aint the pro on this Pit-Bike stuff , so I don't know honestly. Yup , you heard it here first, I DON'T KNOW ? The only thing I do know is the frame is exact Honda bolt pattern , so far .
I like the carbon fibre stuff too, if it was real I would especially like it . But if it was real it would cost you more than the bikes worth , but the sticker sheets of carbon fibre look pretty close to real anyway . The Loncin Motor I bought had alot of chrome acccents on the gloss black motor , with all bolts being chrome too, all covers too , eccept for the stator, so it seamed a natural to go with a nice chrome stator cover . Plus I got one of those one inch longer , 2 inch tipped thick billet folding shifters that will look great on that side of the motor to match all the chrome kinda of .
Got the Tires in the UPS last night from Canada , but am not going to use them . Will keep them for spares for the SUNL's . Yes, she got her black one in too , runs great no complaints .
I just ordered two Dunlop heavy knobby soft-intermediate terrain tires instead . I figure if I am going all out here I better go all out on one of the best tires too.

Well, better get at it, will chat later with some pics tonight I hope too , feeling a little better tonight .

Cheers , Kelly