PDA

View Full Version : You are some smart guys....

roundhouse
07-22-2019, 08:26 PM
:hmm:

So I changed the back brakes on my concours 1400. The old pads were glazed up and new ones were super cheap. I used 1000 grit sand paper and worked the rotor good before installing new pads.

I checked and it is not warped at all.

Here is the prob. I have 200 miles on the brakes and they stop great but they roar. The harder the application the more the roar.

It is a long shot, but maybe one of you guys can help?

Sir kayakalot
07-24-2019, 07:04 AM
I’ve seen that before on pads that didn’t fit EXACTLY right. Too tall and they over lap at the top of rotor. As they wear in they rub on top creating crazy sounds. Might be worth checking

roundhouse
07-24-2019, 06:37 PM
I’ve seen that before on pads that didn’t fit EXACTLY right. Too tall and they over lap at the top of rotor. As they wear in they rub on top creating crazy sounds. Might be worth checking

Great idea I will check it out. Thanks

Weldangrind
07-25-2019, 10:58 AM
I recall something like that with the old CB calipers of the mid-2000's. It seems to me that we had to chamfer the edge of the pad with a grinder. That's something I wouldn't do without a respirator.

roundhouse
07-25-2019, 10:06 PM
I recall something like that with the old CB calipers of the mid-2000's. It seems to me that we had to chamfer the edge of the pad with a grinder. That's something I wouldn't do without a respirator.

Another great idea. I will try that. And i will wear a respirator and goggles.

Thanks

Azhule
08-05-2019, 02:00 PM
Some brake pads are just noisy, did you buy a "metal compound/stintered" brake pad? Those will usually "roar/squeal" as you stop

Try and find a "ceramic" version from a quality name branded company if you really need a "whisper quiet" brake pad :hehe: