PDA

View Full Version : throttle stuck open?

HairyRider
03-14-2008, 07:02 PM
maybe someone can give me insight, my daughters bmx 90 is stuck wide open and i get no response from the thumb lever? anyone

ejcycles
03-14-2008, 07:26 PM
Hi HairyRider

It sounds like the cable is pinched or maybe the top cap came off of the carburetor. If the cap came off make sure that you put the slide back in correctly, as it only goes in one way correctly. The slide has a cut in it almost all the way down one area. There is a pin that sticks out inside where the slide goes in the carburetor they must be lined up or the throttle will stay almost at W.O.T.

HairyRider
03-14-2008, 08:52 PM
yea I just took the slide out and there was about a quarter inch o slack . so to the parts site i go. appreciate it much! :D

BoY860
05-21-2008, 02:25 AM
lots of times this will happen when you get dirt in the throttle body for future if it happens open up the throttles case on the grip and simply spit in it or you can put water and blow it out should be alset

IronFist
05-21-2008, 10:17 AM
HairyRider
Did move the carb needle, or remove the slide yourself. It might be a simple fix if you did. You might have the slide in the wrong way, pull the cap, pull out the slide, turn it 180 degrees and stick it back in. Give the lever a quick push and see if it snaps back to normal. :D