PDA

View Full Version : Boom lil duc/ Vader needs some help

Adrenalcookie
08-29-2019, 10:42 AM
So I got my boom lil duc and she runs and she rides but the clutch lever is really hard to pull in, like hard enough where if I commuted with this my hand would be in a permanent state of pain, I’m guessing the cable need lube but you guys would know more than me

JerryHawk250
08-29-2019, 10:57 AM
Lubing the cable will help and should be done during assembly and as a regular maintenance item. Check to see that you don't have any sharp bends in the cable. Route the cable so that it has smooth curves.

RedCrowRides
08-29-2019, 09:27 PM
Yeah man make sure the cable is routed smoothly, trace it all the way from the bars to the clutch actuator lever on side of engine - and make sure you turn the bars from full left lock to full right when checking and tracing, they can get pretty silly on how they route them and it can cause real hard pulls like that, and of course get some good chain or cable lube, even WD40 in a pinch and lube the cable well , the sit on a container ship crossing the ocean for weeks to months ,which doesn't do anything to help the lubrication issue , assuming the factory lubed it at all ,or that what they called themselves lubing it with was any better than water lol .

I had to re-route my throttle cable when i first got mine, when i went full right lock, the way it was routed it would rev way up due to binding., not good.

Overall tho the Bike has been great, i am real hard on it and it has held up really well considering ,mostly everything that i have had trouble with post assembly and working the bugs out was my own fault ,I can't fault the bike when i loop out stunting and throw it away and break parts haha .