PDA

View Full Version : questions about our slection of mini-bikes

MDStroup
10-05-2019, 11:18 PM
I have always wanted a mini bike but never considered the option strongly as i have never seen one in person. But i visited Fusion motorcycles for the first time friday since i was in the area, and it turns out theses mini bikes aren't so mini! It was actually quite comfortable in the seat.

So now i am strongly considering one of of theses Grom clones as a project bike. But before i set my heart on one of these bikes, i wanted to know if any of these bikes come with an engine with an overhead cam? Really want to see how much performance can be squeezed out of the stock engine.

Also, what Grom parts generally can swap over? I have found many placed that sell extended swingarms and the such for the Grom, but i don't know what would fit will fit.

Are there any fender eliminator style kits with an integrated tailight? 402innovations was one of the only ones i found and they don't make one any more.

link to picture taken that day. Don't remember the exact model this is.
https://imgur.com/a/QxzWH3D

Whisky
10-06-2019, 04:46 AM
That's a Tao Tao Hellcat, there's also Vaders Gen 1 and 2, Lil Ducati made by SSR and also lil Ducati clone of SSR. Grom swing arms fit but they are tight so need to grind down a little on the frame, Grom forks fit. Grom plastics are interchangeable on the Vaders. There's tons of aftermarket parts available for all of them. Grom exhaust is only a direct fit on the SSR Lil Ducati, all other clones require modifications to make them fit. Several places have the integrated tails.

relicmoto
10-06-2019, 10:57 AM
You might want to look into the Icebear Fuerza. I looked at one in a local scooter shop a while back and it had, as standard equipment, a long swingarm and what looks to be a fairly tidy tail. As far as I can tell, all of the g-clones come with essentially the same 125 sohc honda ”derived” engine.

culcune
10-06-2019, 05:32 PM
Call Kronik Racing in Simi Valley, Cal. Pete is the owner and will set you up with a bike and parts. He know the Vaders very well.