PDA

View Full Version : Big bore kit

Greggl4321
10-22-2019, 03:04 PM
Is it true that it's almost the cost of a 150cc piranha motor?

culcune
10-22-2019, 08:17 PM
Is it true that it's almost the cost of a 150cc piranha motor?

Probably true to some extent. The Piranha engines are regarded as higher end products, but there are more generic 140cc options which should give you a boost in power. The pricey, but effective option is a 190cc engine.

But as far big bore kits, I am not sure how much the stock Vader or Hellcat engine can take. If you are talking with Pete at Kronik, I am guessing he can get you a Vader with a 150cc Pirahna engine within your budget? That might be the way to go. :tup:

Indianaman
10-23-2019, 12:52 PM
Some guys on here have installed the TB 141 big bore kit I believe with little to no extra mods.

http://www.tbparts.com/product/tb-141-bore-kit-120cc-engines-lifanimport-heads/

culcune
10-23-2019, 08:06 PM
But you have to know what you are doing. I could figure it out, but still wouldn't have confidence in my handywork for a daily commuter. If I had to pay someone for the big bore kit installation, then I might as well throw in a new crate engine which I would have more confidence installing myself.

Indianaman
10-24-2019, 03:03 PM
I dont think installing a big bore on these little bikes would be too difficult, granted I do have my degree in Automotive technology, but the only things to be mindful of is your torque specs and the timing right? There's a litany of videos on YouTube of people installing big bore kits on pit bikes with very similar engine layouts for reference.

wlfpck
11-08-2019, 08:24 AM
To get the right bore kit...

You'll need to know the bore and stroke along with the wrist pin size.

Once you have all that... should be pretty easy. You can use videos of the Grom bore kit installs as a guide.

These Clones all use a pit bike engine... so it's not like no one has ever put a bore kit into a pit bike.

You can find generic bore kits on eBay/Amazon/Aliexpress/etc. Just got to know the bore and stroke along with wrist pin size. Then find one for pit bikes.

May also need to make sure the one you're getting is for a pit bike engine based on the crf50 pit bike engine design.

But... for that money, you may as well save for a zs190cc. I believe I saw that Piranha now offers a 190cc with e-start and 5 speed. Looks the exact same as the zs190cc. Seems kind of interesting... the Zong Shen 190cc is made in the same factory (someone stated on FB) as the Daytona (Japanese) engines. They also said the zs190cc uses the same parts as the Daytona Anima engines.

Would make sense that Piranha or other companies have contracted with Zong Shen to get these engines made for them with their logos. My speculations anyways...

ikeus685
11-18-2019, 09:27 AM
There are worthy arguments on both sides but, My concern would be tire size.
12" tires, rain grooves and highway speeds i.e. above 50 mph do not equal happy riders. If your intent is to ride more than a couple exits of freeway per ride I would be devoting my attention to bikes with 17" or larger tires.:hmm:

franque
11-18-2019, 01:53 PM
This guy hasn't been on since last month, it'd probably be better to stop entertaining his drivel.