PDA

View Full Version : TaoTao 110 H

TOYOTANUT
03-23-2008, 11:44 AM
I bought 2 of these for my kids in january, One runs like a raped ape the outher well runs good for about 15 min. then drains the battery and dies, also noise coming from inside the case but havn't been able to track it down. I have had the side case apart magnito apears ok and i have checked the voltage output at the battery and it is the same as the outher sons 4 wheeler. anyone have any ideas on this.

warrior91
03-23-2008, 12:15 PM
My kids 150 atv runs without battery...
I have been kicking it to life and it eventually puts enough charge into the battery to mabey restart itself one time on the trail.
When I run with lights on...no charge to the battery and the lights dim down with reduced revs...but the bike still runs...

I would guess your charging system took a crap...

AZ200cc
03-24-2008, 02:16 PM
I'd say a bad magneto...Could try swapping the magneto from the other one and see if it works.

TOYOTANUT
04-08-2008, 09:43 PM
Thanx for your input!

montanaoffroader
04-10-2008, 08:02 PM
We swapped cdi, plug, magneto & carb, still no go. Stuck a compression tester on it, 60 psi dry. Wet test over 100, looks like rings maybe? Toyotanut ordered a gasket set, looks like teardown is his next step. Kinda sucks, this thing only has a few hours on it. The outfit he ordered these from hasn't bothered to return a single phone call or email, so I guess he's on his own.

warrior91
04-10-2008, 09:10 PM
I wonder then if the ring edge caught in exhaust port...possibly due to sleepy assembler or purely bad luck... :?:

TOYOTANUT
04-13-2008, 11:12 AM
Well we finally got it tore down rings were stuck and the piston looked like someone drug it behind them down a gravel road, but the cylinder looks salvageable. I ordered a new piston and rings from MEFAST last night. this guy at mefast.com seems to have just about anything you might need.

montanaoffroader
04-19-2008, 08:41 PM
Parts came in the other day, not as advertised. The piston kit was missing the pin & retaining clips, and the gasket set was definitely not complete, only had 2 gaskets in it! Toyotanut went ahead and put it together with the old pin, and used sealer on the valve & cam covers. It runs now, but is kind of noisy. If he can keep it running thru the summer, then later on he is either going to buy another quad (elsewhere!) or buy another motor for this one.

TOYOTANUT
04-20-2008, 10:39 PM
Ok i give in anyone know a good dealer where i can get a good 110cc motor for my tao tao 110H If so please leave me a message thanx

TOYOTANUT
04-20-2008, 11:49 PM
Also just wanted to tell everyone beware MEFAST has pictures and discriptions of their product but what you recieve is something else. One picture showed a gasket set with all the gaskets and o rings and all i got was a cylinder gasket and head gasket,and the head gasket was for a 70cc not a 110cc. And another showed and described a piston rings wrist pin and clips and i only recieved piston and rings! also was charged $16.00 shipping and the package it all came in cost $5.50 to ship. ( I know im a born sucker) (The day after i made this post a second package arived with the right gasket set but never did get the wrist pin)

DesertDog
04-21-2008, 01:15 AM
:?: :arrow: no your not
oh ok, lets see, there's goscoot.com , jetmoto.com, partsprousa.com,, or just google china atv engines, see what you get for a response , come back here ask about-em here , get some feed back,, there out there i just never have replaced any yet.
DD
>
>
1 more note , keep in mind or my business name , i've been working on becoming a major parts supplyer for china on all of the atv's, dirt bikes, etc..., the legalities are horid right now and so is my phone bill, $675 a month average now, while trying to get this worked out. and i will have engines

abcpowersports
04-23-2008, 07:00 PM
Ok i give in anyone know a good dealer where i can get a good 110cc motor for my tao tao 110H If so please leave me a message thanx

I can get U one for motor 550.00 plus 50.00 shipping

TOYOTANUT
04-23-2008, 11:27 PM
Thanx but sunny sports finally contacted me after I cussed at them and thretend legal action , their supposed to be sending me a new motor so we'll give it a couple weeks and see how that goes?????

montanaoffroader
04-23-2008, 11:56 PM
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for ya! :)

TOYOTANUT
04-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanx Mike for being a friend!