PDA

View Full Version : Lifan KP200 fuel gauge reading incorrectly

toomanybulletss
11-08-2019, 12:53 AM
Hey all! Haven't posted on here in a long while. Recently, I took my bike for a ride and noticed the fuel gauge was on almost empty so I went to fill up gas. When I opened the tank to fill it though, it was already filled all the way to the top. My best guess is that the sensor is not reading correctly. Is there anything I can do about this myself or should I just go ahead and take it in to a shop? I've never done any work on bikes or cars so I'm not sure where to start. I'd like to learn though if anyone has any input!

Thanks!

culcune
11-08-2019, 07:25 AM
My guess is it is under warranty. I would start that route. None of my Chinese bikes ever had a fuel gauge, so I relied on the odometer, and when that broke, judged distances (predominantly commuter bikes, so no 'extra' miles). But being new, and under warranty, take it in.

JerryHawk250
11-08-2019, 07:38 AM
Lifan comes with a 2 year parts warranty. Contact Smiley at American Lifan , 909-605-6999 - Parts Dept.

culcune
11-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Lifan comes with a 2 year parts warranty. Contact Smiley at American Lifan , 909-605-6999 - Parts Dept.

Yep...for all the breaking these Chinese bikes used to do with no recourse, if they are coming with a warranty, take advantage!

toomanybulletss
11-09-2019, 12:49 AM
Thank you for the replies. It's been about a year since I got mine so I will call Lifan and see if it is under warranty still and see what they can do.