PDA

View Full Version : Hawk 250 ride and new action camera test

JerryHawk250
12-02-2019, 08:17 PM
Took a little ride on the Hawk 250 and tested out my new Crosstours CT8500 Action Camera (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQSY8M3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1). It take great video but as you will see i'll need to work on the mount so it won't fall off again and adjust the camera so it's not facing towards the ground and have more sky in the view and also so it is level.

https://youtu.be/Qs727sBv6rA

JerryHawk250
12-03-2019, 07:36 AM
I think I resolved the camera mount issue. I ordered a helmet chin mount last night. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZJBVFCC/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

paulsstag
12-09-2019, 09:36 AM
Thanks Jerry

You got a great deal on the camera , but even at $59 it seems like good value and a good quality video. As usual thanks again for sharing these good finds with the rest of us.

How difficult is it to download to youtube from the camera and how long does it actually take to get a 20 plus min video downloaded ?

The reason i ask is last year i took some video of my car i was selling, on Ebay, from my cell phone and it was a bitch to get it reformatted for youtube and then it took almost an hour to download a 5 min video. Very frustrating to say the least.

Paul

JerryHawk250
12-09-2019, 09:50 AM
Thanks Jerry

You got a great deal on the camera , but even at $59 it seems like good value and a good quality video. As usual thanks again for sharing these good finds with the rest of us.

How difficult is it to download to youtube from the camera and how long does it actually take to get a 20 plus min video downloaded ?

The reason i ask is last year i took some video of my car i was selling, on Ebay, from my cell phone and it was a bitch to get it reformatted for youtube and then it took almost an hour to download a 5 min video. Very frustrating to say the least.

Paul

I plug the camera into my USB port and copy the files to my laptop first to edit the videos. Or you can use an USB adapter for the micro memory card. Uploading to YouTube will depend on your internet speed. I think this one took about 15-20 minutes. Not sure on how long it took for YouTube to process it. It automatically posted once it was done. Videos from my phone take a little longer but not much longer. Again it depends on you internet speeds. T-Mobile is pretty fast.
BTW I tested the new chin mount and works perfect. Well worth the money and no way it will fall off. :tup: I haven't had a chance to edit that video yet. Not sure if I will or not. Might just make it a short follow up.

JerryHawk250
12-09-2019, 11:25 AM
Thanks Jerry

Paul

FYI. The $20 coupon is still available. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07VQSY8M3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Essayons
12-10-2019, 02:25 AM
What a nice relaxing ride Jerry. I purchased an inexpensive Chinese camera a while back. The camera was supposed to come with a code that would allow it to connect to my phone app so I could use my phone as a view screen. "Customer Service" here in the states never replied so it just sits here collecting dust. Did your camera come with a similar feature?
Thanks for the chin mount link. Will grab one tomorrow.

JerryHawk250
12-10-2019, 07:38 AM
What a nice relaxing ride Jerry. I purchased an inexpensive Chinese camera a while back. The camera was supposed to come with a code that would allow it to connect to my phone app so I could use my phone as a view screen. "Customer Service" here in the states never replied so it just sits here collecting dust. Did your camera come with a similar feature?
Thanks for the chin mount link. Will grab one tomorrow.
Yes it has that feature but had to download the app from Google Play store. The app works great but will drain the battery faster because it uses wifi. If you have a USB port on your bike you can plug the camera into it and not have to worry about the battery. The battery on this camera will last about 90 minutes. With the chin mount I can see the battery level so I'll know when to swap it out instead of it dying and me talking to myself. :crazy: :hehe:

Zakk
12-11-2019, 02:43 PM
Are you using the external microphone for this ride? If so, how is that set up? Looks like quite the steal with that coupon.

JerryHawk250
12-11-2019, 03:01 PM
Are you using the external microphone for this ride? If so, how is that set up? Looks like quite the steal with that coupon. Yes, it comes with an external mic. The liner in my helmet is held in place with Velcro. I just lifted the liner up and put the excess wire behind the liner and velcroed it back in place. So the mic come out the top just off the side of where my mouth is and plug end of mic comes out the bottom. if you and picture that. I'll see if I can get a picture tonight of it. I had an extra waterproof case from my CT7000 which is the same as the CT8500. I drilled a hole in it for the mic plug in. It comes with an open case but wanted to use the WP case do the lens would be protected for bugs and rocks.

Zakk
12-11-2019, 03:08 PM
Yes, it comes with an external mic. The liner in my helmet is held in place with Velcro. I just lifted the liner up and put the excess wire behind the liner and velcroed it back in place. So the mice come out just off the side of where my mouth is and plug end of mic comes out the bottom. if you and picture that. I'll see if I can get a picture tonight of it. I had an extra waterproof case from my CT7000 which is the same as the CT8500. I drilled a hole in it for the mic plug in. It comes with an open case but wanted to use the WP case do the lens would be protected for bugs and rocks.

Ok cool. You actually answered my next question as well! I was going to see if the hard water proof case had a spot for the mic. Good to know I will need to make modifications to the case. I, also, would like to protect it from the crud the open case can't.

JerryHawk250
12-11-2019, 03:24 PM
Ok cool. You actually answered my next question as well! I was going to see if the hard water proof case had a spot for the mic. Good to know I will need to make modifications to the case. I, also, would like to protect it from the crud the open case can't.

Amazon has the extra WP case for around $11 if you needed one.

2LZ
12-11-2019, 06:22 PM
Awesome Jerry! The biggest issue I have with my camera so far is being able to stash the external mic well enough to allow a little talking but not be buried in wind noise.

JerryHawk250
12-11-2019, 07:39 PM
It was kind of hard to get a good picture of the Mic . I also got one of the chin mount.

Zakk
12-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Thanks for the effort! Safe to say I am getting one for the stocking.