PDA

View Full Version : Rear brake wheel HELP!!

ikeus685
12-10-2019, 05:02 PM
I am real good at taking things apart. It's the flip side that's a problem.
Zero miles on My new Vader BD 125-10. I have take on and replace the stock tires with Shinko knobbies. Front tire went back on no problemo..Rear has been a test to the amount of frustration I can handle at a time.
Anyone who has dealt with this problem PLEASE chime in!! Left side of the wheel-cush drive, axle mounting through left side. No problem its that damn caliper and I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the opening between
the two pads to align and allow the disc to slide between>:

ikeus685
12-10-2019, 07:52 PM
Should I bleed out more fluid so these stay open.. If; These stay like this I can mount but; Still not happy with how close the cast structure is on the right side:hmm:
Replaced the fuel lines and removed the side panels to get at the fuel line and check out how the air filter is.

pete
12-11-2019, 01:36 AM
put a screw driver between the pads and spread them open...

ikeus685
12-11-2019, 10:29 AM
1st thing I done then, compressed thepiston. , cracked open the bleeder. compressed the forward brass (???) bolt.

ikeus685
12-11-2019, 10:31 AM
This view is lookin down from on top.

ikeus685
12-11-2019, 10:38 AM
counting up 3 pix is where I am now. If no other advice comes up .. I will crack the bleeder valve again and try again…..

NzBrakelathes
12-12-2019, 08:36 PM
You have an air lock in the slide pin? pushes caliper out etc - should slide back easily or remove some excess grease from it to stop it air locking and pushing out

ikeus685
12-12-2019, 09:06 PM
You have an air lock in the slide pin? pushes caliper out etc - should slide back easily or remove some excess grease from it to stop it air locking and pushing out

No: As most products from China.. May be assembled (and shiny) but was dry and needed light greasing and working the slider back and forth a bit. Also bled about 2" From the brake reservoir as seen though the see thru fuel line. No noticeable drop in the reservoir. Thanks for your response!!