PDA

View Full Version : New Vader 125! How to bend exhaust pipe?

Dht1998
12-29-2019, 12:24 AM
Just got my Vader 125 from powersportsmax and so far im loving it :) First mods i did were change the engine bolts out, and change the brake and clutch levers. I have a 17t sprocket, a mikuni carb and a ransoto grom exhaust all going on soon. I already took the stock exhaust off and i knew the grom exhaust wasn't gonna fit without modification, it looks like i have to bend the pipe a bit where the existing bend is, the question is how did you guys bend the pipe? I would take it to a muffler shop but they are all closed Sundays, if i could do it myself that would be great if not ill wait to take it somewhere to get it bent.

Here's some pics of the new ride!

wheelbender6
12-29-2019, 09:50 AM
I have not done it before, but you could heat it with a propane torch. Bend it around a 4 inch wooden log to prevent a crease on the inside of the bend. Good luck.

ikeus685
12-30-2019, 02:26 PM
Good luck! You see the blue color on the pipe.. What you will need to do is where the bend (s) are to be.. You will get a bulge on the inside of the pipe unless the bend is just a minor tweek. PipeFitting and bending curves are a black art best,, if left alone.

Yes look up pipe shaping by heat or exhaust bending on y tube

Whisky
01-04-2020, 10:05 PM
I had to bend a grom exhaust and I must say buy exhaust that already fits, its a big pain to bend and makes the pipe look like crap.

maldoj2
04-14-2020, 08:44 AM
see my bike

Ninjaguy23
04-14-2020, 08:49 PM
I got the same bike from Powersportsmax. Had to go through the whole bike. It was missing the swing arm nut. Lots of loose bolts that needed loctite & had to re-route pinched hoses & rats nest behind the headlight fairing. I’m looking to do the same mods to get some more pep out of the lil engine. Don’t try to bend that pipe yourself you will screw it up. Especially if it is stainless “not malleable without massive heat”. I saw a vid on you tube, guy tried everything to bend it with no luck. Ended up taking it to a muffler shop twice to get the right angle. Said it was a royal pain in the arse!!
Good luck let us know how it works out.

Cheers!!