PDA

View Full Version : Beware of Bataycan !!!

ushatrin
03-28-2008, 09:17 AM
I'm writing this to warn others of Bataycan, the guy on E-Bay that sells "Performance Parts" .I have purchased several items from that guy and have found nothing "Performance" about them.

I purchased a "racing Intake" from him and quite frankly I was not impressed. It was nothing more than a stock part that was polished internally. Big deal ! I could have done that my self and saved $50.00. Next I bought a 'High output Racing Coil" . I finally got around to taking that part along with the stock to a friends auto repair shop to test it out and guess what I found ? The out-put voltage of the $75.00 "Performance " part was the same as the stock part. I also got the "Racing Clutch" . Comparing the discs with the stock one they look the same. If the material is different between the two , I can't tell that but they look exactly the same. The only thig different are the springs. They have 2.5 LBS more pressure than stock. I could have gone to Ace Hardware and bought a set of springs for $5.00 (I paid $42.00 for his kit). I also bought a "high Performance Head" from him. That is the one I tried to sell and thank God nobody bought it. My feeling is this is nothing more than a polished stock head.

Now it gets really sad for me now. I also purchased a Stage 1 "Racing" Cam on 11/28/07. I have yet to get that part after four months of waithing. Every time I asked for the status of my order I got excuse after axcuse. First it was due to the holidays. He said everything closes for three weeks in his country. Then it was because the hardening process takes "A long time" . That must be a really hard part I'm supposed to get if the process has been ongoing since November of last year. Fianlly after I got fed up with the B.S. I requested a refund. I guess that word pissed him off because now he won't reply to any of my e-mails.

I wanted to be 100% sure this guy was full of it . So I went to a friends house and e-mailed Bataycan using his E-Bay user name (since he does not answer my e-mails) asking how soon I can get a Stage 1 Cam. This is what he said:

" We have a STAGE I available.. and we can do 5 day business shipping to you."

Best regards, bataycancorp

So the stage 1 is availabe ! So were is my cam !? I e-mailed him back saying that someone had not rec'd their stage 1 cam. This is what he told me :

"Yes forums are not representative of companies, the customer ordered a STAGE II cam not a STAGE I. well you also have a great day.
Hopefully someone will help you out with that...which is very unlikely as prototypes of that design arent even out yet."

Take care
Bataycan corp

All you have to do is look at the item I bought from his store and tell me what stage cam I purchased !

So what's the verdict here ? I'm convinced that whole set-up is a scam and a con. Not just because he STOLE my money but also the so-called "Performance" items are nothing more than stock parts. Some are altered slightly to give you the impression that they are not stock but when you compare them side-by-side you realize they are basically all stock parts. Besides, would you buy a $900.00 engine from someone half way on the other side of the globe that swaps parts on the floor of his livingroom with basic hand tools ? Just look at the pictures of some of his items. I lost out here. Just wanted to give everyone here a heads-up so they don't get screwed like I did.

I have the e-mails from Bataycan as proof that what I'm saying is true. Any questions feel free to ask.

Oh one more thing . Those of you who have already placed an order with Bataycan, be aware that there is a time frame in which you can file a complaint with E-bay or Pay-Pal. If the complaint is not filed before 30 or 45 days (can't remember which) they will not hear your case because too much time has passed. That is how this clown gets away with scamming people. He gives you all kinds of excuses and problems dragging the process along beyond the date you can file a complaint with E-Bay/Pay-Pal. That my friend is how the mind of a Con man works. So if he is giving you stories I would file that complaint before you loose the money you paid him.

Thanks.

MATT
04-01-2008, 04:14 PM
I was considering buying a racing engine from that guy and when I checked his seller feedback i noticed that he had failed to deliver the 800 dollar engine. Good feedback on clutch plates but he seems to like to steal your big money. I can't say I feel to comfortable buying from overseas.

Appreciate the warnings as always!

ushatrin
04-04-2008, 06:18 PM
What I think this guy does is place ads with pictures from other sources. When the item is paid for that's when he goes out and tries to purchases the item elsewhere and resells it at a mark-up. That explains why it takes weeks to get some of those items . What happened with my cam is it probably never existed ! Naturally he took and spent my money so I'll never see it again.

My advice to you is do the mods that are posted in the various forums. It will really transform these bikes. If you still need more performance, get a bigger bike. There is only so much you can do with these 200cc bikes. After that you are just wasting your money. Also stick with a reputable company .

Thanks.

TeamCheap
04-04-2008, 06:40 PM
It's to bad that company turned out to be like that but since they were not in USA or CANADA I wouldnt have bought from them.

I would expect them to poke around on various forums from time to time just to see whats up and I suppose they will fold and pop up under a new name.

I was telling a mechanic at work today that "I know it's just a 200cc but there is some room for improvement but I dont expect to turn a 200cc engine into a 650cc engine"

usmc-mustang
04-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I ordered a stock cam and gasket set from him. Many may recall the problems I had trying to get it. It took almost 6 weeks, than I opened a Paypal dispute. Like magic, I had a tracking number from him the next day. The sad part is, I had already purchassed one from a different vendor, and had it in, and the bike running before I recieved the one from him. Now I have a spare cam I guess.

I would advice everyone to stay away. Nice thought, but I do not think he is an honest seller, and his Ebay feedback shows for it.