PDA

View Full Version : Doubts change Vm22 in Vader 125, help

Narofive
02-06-2020, 12:05 PM
Hello everyone, this weekend I will start my carburetor exchange to VM22 for problems with the stock and taking advantage of removing all the covers I changed fuel lines, cancel the emissions and remove the evacuation boat since the tank did not ventilate well .

my questions are:

What do I do with the vent hose that comes out of the tank?

By canceling the air box, the engine ventilation hose will put a small filter, is that ok?

Anything else I should do?

RedCrowRides
02-08-2020, 10:44 PM
Yes you need to put a small filter on the crankcase vent hose , the vent hose from the tank just point somewhere where should any gas come out it wont land like right on the red hot exhaust ,etc.

Narofive
02-11-2020, 01:17 PM
Yes you need to put a small filter on the crankcase vent hose , the vent hose from the tank just point somewhere where should any gas come out it wont land like right on the red hot exhaust ,etc.

Thank you very much RedCrowRides
Then this weekend I did the carburetor exchange and cancel air box, emissions and ventilation basket.
I put a filter to the engine ventilation and changed all the gas lines by putting new gas filter and petcock.
It came with jet 95, although I already have a jet kit, it seems to go well even though when I have the throttle in half to maintain speed I feel like micro pulls, in low and high it seems to go well.
I also notice a lot of induction noise up to half throttle, from there a loud engine noise as if I had a louder exhaust pipe, I like this.

I installed it so fast that I didn't have time to look at the air / fuel screw turns, and I will also have to play with the jets by raising some number to see if it improves something, but I stay as it was until I changed the exhaust pipe. A lot of rain in Texas, I can't test now.

Improvements:
Very easy start
stable idle
very fine and progressive acceleration
Less vibration
Nice engine sound
More power and speed
More settings

It's the first time I've tuned a carburetor, I appreciate advice.

RedCrowRides
02-11-2020, 02:28 PM
Well bro, if it runs then you must have done something right lol ! Yes, you will notice a lot more " intake noise" now, having eliminated the stock air box, it took me a while to get used to that loud "hiss" sound but i really like it now. If it is running okay and has a stable idle, i really wouldnt fool with it too much more if you are planning to install an exhaust ,because you will just have to do it all over again when you do that.

I am pretty sure I have a 110 main in mine and i am running a VM22, pod filter and aftermarket exhaust and I'm in Florida which is pretty flat like Texas so when you change the exhaust maybe try starting with the 110 and go from there.

Mine is a 2018 Boom 125 Gen 2 plastics , had it almost 2 years now and zero trouble

i love that bike and wouldnt get rid of it for anything.

Micheletr77
08-27-2021, 10:32 AM
Well bro, if it runs then you must have done something right lol ! Yes, you will notice a lot more " intake noise" now, having eliminated the stock air box, it took me a while to get used to that loud "hiss" sound but i really like it now. If it is running okay and has a stable idle, i really wouldnt fool with it too much more if you are planning to install an exhaust ,because you will just have to do it all over again when you do that.

I am pretty sure I have a 110 main in mine and i am running a VM22, pod filter and aftermarket exhaust and I'm in Florida which is pretty flat like Texas so when you change the exhaust maybe try starting with the 110 and go from there.

Mine is a 2018 Boom 125 Gen 2 plastics , had it almost 2 years now and zero trouble

i love that bike and wouldnt get rid of it for anything.

what float height do you have on the vm22?