PDA

View Full Version : RXB150 set-up discoveries...things to look for

Goob
03-01-2020, 08:23 AM
Hello,

While going thru my bike I found a few things that anyone who either has one of these or is going to order may want to know.

1) The bracket with the "positioning" pins at the bottom of the headlight housing had been mounted upside down, so the pins didn't fit into the holes in the top of the fender. Flopped it around, so now the bottom of the housing is secure.

2) The wiring under the headlight is a tangled mess. There were several potential pinch points because of hanging wires or connectors. I got all of the wire under the headlight under control with wire ties.

3) The starter wire (hot) is run right around the front of the skid plate and touches the relatively sharp edge of the skid plate. Of course there is a break in the plastic tube shroud right there, so the red insulation of the wire is exposed. I found this later in the day and will do something to protect the wire tomorrow.

4) There is a loose green wire with a "pin" on it (see attached photo) that looks like it should go into one of the Multi-Prong Connectors (MPC's) near it. Being green I figure it is a ground. Everything seems to work OK, so I taped it off. May try to trace it out tomorrow.