03-04-2020, 09:24 AM
Best vendors to buy a 250 dual sport?

JerryHawk250
03-04-2020, 09:35 AM
Brozz250.com https://brozz250.com/Showroom/All-Inventory

BuffaloChinaRider
03-04-2020, 09:38 AM
Best vendors to buy a 250 dual sport?

There are definitely many opinions on this matter. There are good/bad times had by a variety of people. Youll hear some say that TXpowersports is not good then someone else will say that TXpowersports is amazing and ships fast. With my personal buying the best and fastest buying was from familygokarts. I bought an apollo deluxe from them and it took less than a week to get here then another 2 weeks for my MCO. That was the fastest cleanest transaction I have ever had with a china bike seller. Many other people I know, went through them as well and had ZERO issues. Again thats just our experience BUT quite a few people I know went through them to get apollo super motos and had no issues. There are a few other places that get stuff out to you quick with not much trouble, such as peacepowersports /(Peace Industry Group) they also have a very great reputation. Good luck!

Kenstogie
03-04-2020, 01:32 PM
I asked this question and from what I got and looked up in reviews, read and etc, etc...

It seemed to be a crap shoot. They all had good and bad.... that being said I have a feeling a lot of the bad that is said is by people that do not have realistic expectations and probably do not have much mechanical ability or are not willing to learn.... and the profit margins are soooo tight even if the companies wanted to it may be hard for them to provide decent customer service....

Mine has not arrived yet but is on order. I do fully expect to have to go over most parts of the bike with a fine toothed comb and $h!t ton of loctite :)

If a 1300 bike were fully reliable it would sell for higher or the big 4 Japanese would sell for less but we know that's not the case so you just have to expect you will have to turn a wrench, I don't think many realize this.... JM2C and worth and some random thoughts of course... :tup:

kingofqueenz
03-04-2020, 04:06 PM
TXPowersports

TBR7

Do it!!!

koolavz
03-04-2020, 04:20 PM
I got my bike from txpowersports. Took 7 days from order date to get the bike and paperwork. No issues to complain about.

Goob
03-04-2020, 04:32 PM
If I had a bunch of $ I would get an SSR XF250. If I had a whole bunch of $ I would get a SR250S and put tail lights, turn signals, and a horn on it and register it for the street.

However, I had medium $ and got a CSC TT250. I love the support that CSC provides in tech info and parts. And they have a 1-year unlimited mileage warranty that I know they stand by.

vtwinaddicted
03-05-2020, 10:48 AM
Thank you all for the input..

Megadan
03-05-2020, 11:14 AM
If I had a bunch of $ I would get an SSR XF250. If I had a whole bunch of $ I would get a SR250S and put tail lights, turn signals, and a horn on it and register it for the street.

However, I had medium $ and got a CSC TT250. I love the support that CSC provides in tech info and parts. And they have a 1-year unlimited mileage warranty that I know they stand by.

Or if you want a good off road bike (that is still "street legal") for TT250 money you can get much more off road capability and a slightly more powerful engine than a TT250, and better suspension than either SSR bike, with an Orion RXB-250L.

https://www.orionpowersports.com/orion-rxb-250l-street-legal-enduro-dirt-bike-free-shipping-fully-assembled-tested/

For the OP. There really is no good answer for this as every vendor has a bad review here or there. I have ordered two bikes from Killer Motorsports with no problems, but yet others have had bad experiences with them.

CSC is probably the king in terms of reputation and customer service. Venom Motorsports and ShopAMC both seem to have a distinct lack of bad reviews on this site.

At the end of the day though, there is no guarantee that you will have a perfect experience.

RedCrowRides
03-05-2020, 12:17 PM
Peace MotorSports seems to be building up a very fine Reputation as a responsive and reputable Dealer here as well, in regards to the Brozz 250's.

culcune
03-05-2020, 12:48 PM
Peace MotorSports seems to be building up a very fine Reputation as a responsive and reputable Dealer here as well, in regards to the Brozz 250's.

Peace almost uses CSC's model of mail-order excellence. The biggest difference is CSC is a brick and mortar retail shop with full service and parts that 'happens' to ship...Peace has parts and ships, but does not service and I am guessing, offer local pickup of PDI'd bikes (maybe in a crate). Actually, CSC's bikes come fully assembled and ready to ride.

AJboughtamoto
03-05-2020, 03:41 PM
All I can say is Peace Sports has been great for me. Bike shipped fast(under a week), and with the MCO in the same package. Parts came super fast when needed for stuff under warranty and parts I just broke.

nmann23219
03-05-2020, 04:01 PM
I loved
https://q9powersportsusa.com/collections/new-gas-powered-off-road-go-karts-q9-powersports-usa?gclid=CjwKCAiA44LzBRB-EiwA-jJipAef6CaX2eU9upPO3zIuyhU2df7brXzW0SYQFdQTIQTlZl8 C6e8a2RoCliUQAvD_BwE

kingofqueenz
03-05-2020, 06:04 PM
Looks like a good cross section of positive reviews for a variety of sellers based on the feedback in this thread.

In that case, you can chase the best price and\or closest seller ( for fastest delivery )

Chrisguga
03-05-2020, 07:40 PM
I receive my bike from Venom tomorrow, but so far their communication and the process of purchasing the bike has been excellent.

I also had excellent communication from Peace and wouldn’t hesitate to buy from Jeff. They have a storefront and you can purchase assembled bikes from them.

Goob
03-05-2020, 07:52 PM
Or if you want a good off road bike (that is still "street legal") for TT250 money you can get much more off road capability and a slightly more powerful engine than a TT250, and better suspension than either SSR bike, with an Orion RXB-250L.

https://www.orionpowersports.com/orion-rxb-250l-street-legal-enduro-dirt-bike-free-shipping-fully-assembled-tested/

For the OP. There really is no good answer for this as every vendor has a bad review here or there. I have ordered two bikes from Killer Motorsports with no problems, but yet others have had bad experiences with them.

CSC is probably the king in terms of reputation and customer service. Venom Motorsports and ShopAMC both seem to have a distinct lack of bad reviews on this site.

At the end of the day though, there is no guarantee that you will have a perfect experience.

My experience with Orion on my RXB150 has been good. Their assembly was pretty good except for how they packed the wires in behind the headlight, having a headlight mounting bracket upside down, and a starter wire that touched the sharp edge of the skid plate. They also didn't run the bike and adjust the carb like CSC does, but I think this is included for $99 with a "Pro Prep" option. I would expect about the same with the 250.

They delivered in 6 days. The Title and MCO you have to "apply" for it after you get your bike, but it is free.

The RXB250 does have the Zongshen engine like the TT250, but not counterbalanced if that make a difference to someone (it did me).

I think CSC is way better at providing technical support and has virtually every part on hand. However, Orion has been OK with the help I needed.

I wouldn't know about the better suspension components like you, but I am sure you know what you are talking about. This is good to know. I notice that it has the heavier 520 chain, which is good. Weighs 50 pounds less, but has a one gallon smaller gas tank.

Hancadam
03-05-2020, 08:02 PM
Peacesports has so far been my favorite, Jeff is awesome to work with, very responsive and helpful when I ordered the Brozz or parts. Mso came with the bike.

Q9 was fast as well, but the rps rep out of Texas did most of the communication back in 2016 when I ordered my 1st hawk. Mso came a week or so after the bike.

I ordered a hawk from Txpowersports 2 weeks ago, got the mso in the mail the day before the bike arrived, which was only 1 week.

I ordered two 4 wheelers and a dirt bike from Txpowersports a couple days later, received them all Tuesday.

I'd recommend any of those three based on my experiences, and would favor Jeff and peacesports overall.

Edit to add this:
With ordering 4 bikes for the kids from Txpowersports, I really stressed that colors they pick aren't always the colors you end up getting. But all four did show up as ordered, I was relieved with that since it was important to them.

Megadan
03-06-2020, 12:34 PM
My experience with Orion on my RXB150 has been good. Their assembly was pretty good except for how they packed the wires in behind the headlight, having a headlight mounting bracket upside down, and a starter wire that touched the sharp edge of the skid plate. They also didn't run the bike and adjust the carb like CSC does, but I think this is included for $99 with a "Pro Prep" option. I would expect about the same with the 250.

They delivered in 6 days. The Title and MCO you have to "apply" for it after you get your bike, but it is free.

The RXB250 does have the Zongshen engine like the TT250, but not counterbalanced if that make a difference to someone (it did me).

I think CSC is way better at providing technical support and has virtually every part on hand. However, Orion has been OK with the help I needed.

I wouldn't know about the better suspension components like you, but I am sure you know what you are talking about. This is good to know. I notice that it has the heavier 520 chain, which is good. Weighs 50 pounds less, but has a one gallon smaller gas tank.

You are talking to a Hawk owner. We know all about funky wiring, poorly installed bracketry, cross threaded bolts, etc. To us, that is par for the course. I intentionally order my bikes unassembled because I take them apart further before putting them together to absolutely ensure my end product is up to snuff and won't prematurely fail or otherwise fall apart.

If you notice, I said a better off-road bike, not better bike full stop. That means that I view the TT250 as a better on-road bike, which it is. Counter balanced engine, bigger fuel tank, etc. Why is the RXB250 a better off road capable bike? Fully adjustable longer travel fast ace forks and rear progressive link suspension. The rear swing arm and triple clamps are not only a better design, but also much stronger. 60lbs less weight to pick up as well. In terms of off roading, the RXB-250L is a much more capable machine than the TT250. That doesn't make it the best in terms of dual sport as a whole.

My ideal Chinese dual sport would be a TT250/Hawk style frame and fuel tank with the RXB250L suspension, swing arm, and triples with an NC250 motor. Give me that combination for $3k delivered, and I would be happy.

dh
03-06-2020, 12:39 PM
I am interested in the RBX 250l after seeing that it's CARB compliant. It reminds me a lot of the GPX 250 in terms of features and styling, but does it have the same motor or is it a CG motor? 18hp sounds like a lot from a stock CG motor.

Megadan
03-06-2020, 01:31 PM
I am interested in the RBX 250l after seeing that it's CARB compliant. It reminds me a lot of the GPX 250 in terms of features and styling, but does it have the same motor or is it a CG motor? 18hp sounds like a lot from a stock CG motor.

It should be a CB type engine, aka OHC 2 valve, which generally make a couple more ponies than the CG engine, but lack a little of the bottom end grunt as a trade off.