PDA

View Full Version : 171FMM engine who makes it ?

slydogsrus
04-02-2008, 07:59 AM
I have a Taotao 250 D with the 233cc 171FMM engine that looks like the other Chinese 250cc ATV engines but I can not figure who makes it. I have checked Loncin, Lifan, Zongshen, Jianshe and can't seem to find the 171FMM model number with any of these companies other than Loncin which corresponds to a 171FMM but looks nothing like the engine I have and is 250cc but also pull start design.

Any ideas guys on who actually makes these 171FMM engines in China ? Thanks.....Slydog

My engine ID on Taotao 250 D
171FMM
*FZ186177*

Looks like this engine but mine is a 233cc.............

http://www.tboltusa.com/200cc.jpg

TP
04-03-2008, 03:07 PM
I have a Roketa ATV-02 that is listed as a 250cc. It has a water cooled push rod engine with 171MM stamped on it. The transmission has 4 forward gears and reverse. It also has a reverse gearbox that is no longer used except to transfer power to the driveshaft. Roketa's website currently lists the engine as a CG with no manufacturer. When I bought it the site said that it had 5 gears and listed the motor as a Zongshen. I suspect that the original Zongshen motor, that looked identical in the pictures, needed the reverse gearbox because it was a motorcycle engine with no reverse. It might still be manufactured by Zongshen, just with a transmission change to add reverse.