PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting into during lockdown

Bruces
04-04-2020, 10:40 PM
I thought it might be fun to find out what we are getting into or out of during our beer disease lockdown .Our lockdown just got serious midnight tonight ,pretty much anything other than groceries and medical is pretty much shut down now so I will be working on my camp .I have yet to spend a night there but I certainly can and will probably move in for the entire summer .Its 20 minutes from my home or less than 10 minutes from town so no big deal either way ,and I often work closer to my camp so if we ever start building again that works out as well .I have been squirrelling away a large solar system ,so that will be installed fairly soon ,but I have a small system up and running there currently which has no problem keeping up with my tools and current needs .I am also going to construct a zip line or cable trolley ,this winter it was hard to get across the river as we only had 2 inches of ice through the middle of the river ,barely safe to walk on ,so I didn’t get there much .With a zip line I can go everyday if I want .
So what are you guys up to ?

pete
04-04-2020, 10:54 PM
Been editing a lot of my unused travel footage..
A lot of clips I never used.. bad camrea angle/light or back ground sound..
then added music "One night in Bangkok" to it... end up with a ok 5min clip..
Downloaded a trial of some new editing software...
it's crap... but the sound mixer is great on it..
Think I will stick with the old one...

Its_not_a_honda
04-05-2020, 05:50 AM
I mowed the grass.

cheesy
04-05-2020, 07:21 AM
Prepping the old place for sale. Every frickin’ day. In probably the worst possible real estate market since ‘08.
And I am still working with customers over the phone. My company finally got the field guys the needed ‘Essential Employee’ documents, so I can probably blow this pop stand once in a while. Though, I must say that I am enjoying this ‘retirement practice’.

Jpman3
04-05-2020, 09:19 AM
No lockdown for me. The company I work for supports our city's electric and water crews.

wheelbender6
04-05-2020, 10:34 AM
Like Cheesy, I am trying to sell a house. My timing is not good at all.

Bruces
04-05-2020, 10:55 AM
I couldn’t imagine a worse time to sell a house ,good luck to both of you .

Sport Rider
04-05-2020, 03:41 PM
got the cafe tank replaced. rebuilt the seat to match it. painted it up to match the silver color. cleaned out the garage. put up a canopy with screen on the back porch. power washed the pontoon and have taken it out the past two weekends. replaced wife's car battery. hung wind chimes on the back porch. discovered two new bourbons. drank a lot of beer.

Ina Ditch
04-05-2020, 05:27 PM
my schedule changed again because of all this so I will be doing 7 days on then 7 days off.
I was hoping to start restoring a 99 Honda 300 fourtrax but it doesn't look like I will have any parts to work with anytime soon due to the shipping slow down for non essentials. I may start some of the cosmetic work but I really didn't want to get into that until it at least runs and preferably until all the mechanical was finished.
I have plenty to do around the place but nothing I am really looking forward to.

2LZ
04-05-2020, 08:39 PM
Been working on my guitar build and finally finished it today. Just to find out that the toggle switch is BARELY touching and shorting on the shielding paint in the body cavity. It's now back apart and will hit the garage tomorrow for more router work. Crap....
Sure played nice unplugged!

Weldangrind
04-06-2020, 07:55 PM
I have three concurrent bike builds; a '79 TS250 that older members might recall, an '81 Yamaha Exciter that is getting an XT225 engine and a scrambler look and my Roketa that is getting a CG230 and the scrambler treatment as well. Each of these are going to friends. The goal is to get them all running and legal by August, so we can ride together (that's when allergy season is over for me). I'll start threads eventually.

Magician16
04-10-2020, 11:18 AM
I've been practicing Spanish every day, and I started German as well. I've been doing about every chore I can think of around the house, should be finishing up new screens for the house in the next day or two. My Magician is 1400 miles away, so I'm tiding a bicycle daily.

bogieboy
04-10-2020, 11:21 AM
no lockdown for me either, working for an Ag business that sells tractor parts and services farm equipment and lawn equipment... if anything i am working MORE now during the lockdown, pulling a good bit of overtime....

roundhouse
04-10-2020, 12:30 PM
Working regular 40 hours. They say we are essential. Government work so I will always have a job.

bogieboy
04-10-2020, 12:43 PM
i have been about 45-50 hrs for the past month...LOL

pete
04-11-2020, 12:27 PM
I've been practicing Spanish every day, and I started German as well. I've been doing about every chore I can think of around the house, should be finishing up new screens for the house in the next day or two. My Magician is 1400 miles away, so I'm tiding a bicycle daily.

God dam... 2 languages.... I'm battling to learn Thai..

Its_not_a_honda
04-11-2020, 01:00 PM
Me and wife riding the TW200 here and there. Tons of motorcycles on the road now days.

cheesy
04-18-2020, 09:19 AM
Right now, I’m working on getting the string trimmer running that the PO of Cheesy Manor left here. As with the snowblower and the garden tractor, pretty obvious the guy wasn’t a mechanic. A lot of half assed repairs.

Also, reconfiguring the big garage for the arrival of my two big roll around tool boxes. Hopefully, by the end of the month.

bogieboy
04-18-2020, 09:44 AM
cheesy, you know how to get ahold of me if you need assistance getting it running....LOL

roundhouse
04-18-2020, 10:33 AM
God dam... 2 languages.... I'm battling to learn Thai..

Dang, good luck. I could only get the basics and gave up. Inflections are so foreign to my English speaking tongue.

Been working on my new to me KLR650. Wife wants me to sell the hawk. She says no need for 2 dual sports. I am thinking of "giving" it to our son. That way he can say it is his and she cannot make me get rid of it.

PastorCzo
04-18-2020, 10:42 AM
Today is my last day of work before I get furloughed, so I am going to be doing a lot of fishing (weather permitted). Saving for a motorcycle, writing sermons, and resting my shoulder since I have two tears.

cheesy
04-18-2020, 11:14 AM
cheesy, you know how to get ahold of me if you need assistance getting it running....LOL

Down to the final bits with it, bogie. Last item is the so called spark plug terminal. One of those crummy curly spring type that push into the cable. Probably be fine if the PO hadn’t boogered up the boot. Hitting NAPA up today for a new crimp terminal and a boot while on my Ural wanders.

cheesy
04-18-2020, 11:26 AM
Dang, good luck. I could only get the basics and gave up. Inflections are so foreign to my English speaking tongue.

Many years ago, before I started working for a French company, I could speak French fairly fluently as a second language. Very rare for a goober from the midwestern US. Now, after 23 years with the French company, my second language vocabulary and comprehension has dropped by 90%.:D

bogieboy
04-18-2020, 11:54 AM
Down to the final bits with it, bogie. Last item is the so called spark plug terminal. One of those crummy curly spring type that push into the cable. Probably be fine if the PO hadn’t boogered up the boot. Hitting NAPA up today for a new crimp terminal and a boot while on my Ural wanders.

:clap: you could get a non resistor screw on cap and ditch the stupid wire piercing BS :tdown: if you wanted....LOL or run a resistor cap even...LOL

wheelbender6
04-18-2020, 03:11 PM
Wife bought me a sippy cup so I can sip red wine indoors. It looks like a stainless steel goblet with a sippy cup top.

duck9191
04-18-2020, 03:17 PM
Not a damn thing really. I'm a system administrator so I can painfully work from home as is a bulk of our staff. Problem is they are working when the hell ever they feel like it and expect me to be there to hold their hand all hours of the day. So my work day has been 8 or 9 am until about midnight 7 days a week. About to implement account lockout an hour after business hours because I'm over it.

Can't legally ride motorcycles in Michigan because der fuhrer whitler ruled them unessential. But my insurance company can force me to keep liability coverage >:( so that's cool. Weather still too cold to kayak, not allowed to boat so no fishing. Can't do any projects around the house because you can't buy supplies. I have put a hand full of rc planes back to working order, club president said just play dumb if any one hassles us at the field and to just maintain social distancing, so might go fly of the wind/weather cooperates.

3d printer has been running non stop printing ear savers for the staff at the hospital my wife works at. But they just furloughed a third of their staff so I don't think they will need any more. Guess I'll switch to printing faceshilds.

roundhouse
04-18-2020, 07:54 PM
Dang Duck9191, that sucks. Our gov said in his executive order that fishing was essential so I take my kayak out frequently. Tomorrow me and the boys are going for a ride without the lunch at some diner at the end. As long as we socially distance when we come up to red lights we should be good.

What are ear savers for, and why would you need them? Is there a big problem with people loosing ears in Michigan?

duck9191
04-18-2020, 08:01 PM
We can kayak for now. But it's been in the 30's and raining or snowing with wind up to 50 mph on some days. Today hit 54, if the rain holds off might be able to get out for a bit. Water tems are still in the 40's so fish are sluggish.

They take the mask straps off the back of their ears. Wearing them for 12hrs a day will cause the strap to cut the skin.

Bruces
04-18-2020, 08:29 PM
Good on you for helping others during this madness .Do the things you make on the printer hold up long term ,or are they kind of like dollar store plastic toys ?I can easily be talked into a printer like that if it’s possible to make good solid pieces .

cheesy
04-18-2020, 08:38 PM
Man, duck, reading your first paragraph, I was gonna say welcome to my world. But after reading the rest of it, it looks like my world is less screwed up than yours.

duck9191
04-18-2020, 09:15 PM
Good on you for helping others during this madness .Do the things you make on the printer hold up long term ,or are they kind of like dollar store plastic toys ?I can easily be talked into a printer like that if it’s possible to make good solid pieces .

Not injection molded strong but depending how you print they can be very strong. Those are only 3mm thick so they are printed solid. They are thin enough to be flexible still strong enough to last. Bigger objects are normally printed 'hollow" with just a thin grid infill for support but you can crank the infill percentage up to make it stronger at the cost of time.

Also depends on the material. These are printed in PLA. It's easy to print, cheap, fairly strong and biodegradable from corn starche. You can also print in ABS, TPU, PETG, and some nylon.

Man, duck, reading your first paragraph, I was gonna say welcome to my world. But after reading the rest of it, it looks like my world is less screwed up than yours.

Par for the course for the time we are in. Our governor is more concerned about her vp campaign then MI residents so things are a bit of a mess. See what happens may 1st I guess, see how long it gets extended and what else she bans.

2LZ
04-19-2020, 11:58 PM
Been doing a little clearing and burning.

2LZ
04-20-2020, 12:28 AM
Then after working the last two days on the property, I hopped on Q this afternoon, with two beers and an ice pack in the tail bag, and road down to Lion's Park, sat on a picnic bench by myself and watched Sutter Creek ramble by.... Don't get much better.

Sport Rider
04-20-2020, 08:48 AM
I got an itch to build, so I added a 4 foot section to my back porch. needed a bit more space for my grill since I put up a 10x10 awning for weather/bug protection. fixed my rickety step too. :)

Weldangrind
04-20-2020, 01:58 PM
My laundry tub in the shop started to leak, so that produced a project to line the walls behind it with tileboard. Took most of a day. The silicone is dry now, so reassembly can begin. That sink is super convenient for cleaning bike parts for the three builds I have going.

OneLeggedRider
04-20-2020, 02:43 PM
There hasn't been much change around here, we've only had 3 confirmed cases in our county so far and none of them required hospitalization. And the county seat of Mcconnelsville (8 stoplights altogether) is the only place I've seen any changes. The chain restaurants and stores are following protocol and some have installed plexiglass. But we're deep in the bible belt here in southeastern Ohio so church services are still being held and there's been no following of protocol in all the other tiny towns.

I been riding my Foreman 500ES and using it for my basic transportation for supplies. When I wrecked my Hawk it wasn't insured yet (it is now) so my license is suspended till February 14th of next year. But we and several other communities live in ATV friendly towns so on the rare occasion you do see a cop there's a good chance he will smile and wave, whereas if you were in a vehicle he might pull you over because he's bored.

I've also decided to get healthy. I've cut my cigs back to half a pack a day which is way better than 3 packs a day, been drinking lots of bottled water and eating 3 small meals a day rather than one large one. And been exercising and walking alot more. I got a really bad diagnosis last fall concerning my A-fib and heart failure, and 2 weeks ago I had 2 near death experiences and decided I had better make some changes if I wanna see 49yrs. And I found a cardiologist in Athens whose willing to perform the A-fib surgery, but that's been put off because of this virus crap. So I'm gonna do what I can and hopefully enjoy my summer. :)

duck9191
04-20-2020, 04:51 PM
yeah i can't get my medication because the cardiologist office is closed. resting heart rate of 140 here i come lol. Hopefully my primary will just give me a script for it.

Hope you can at least rip the hawk around the yard for some excitement. Thats what ive been doing lol. Grass looks terrible but it will eventually grow back.

2LZ
04-21-2020, 06:03 PM
Did the annual Tweeker Detail to Q, the last couple days of lockdown. New oil and K&N oil filter, cleaned, adjusted and lubed chain, washed, waxed, and polished all the alloy/aluminum including the swingarm, muffler and both rims, then polished the stainless spokes (HATE that part!). Then detailed all the controls and cleaned and Armor All'd the black stuff. Just love this freaking bike.
Now to get it dirty..........

pistolclass
04-21-2020, 06:25 PM
Cracking the books for my private pilot exam. My flight school just reopened, so hopefully I can get back in the left seat.

wheelbender6
04-21-2020, 07:55 PM
Then, you get to study for your check ride.

pistolclass
04-21-2020, 11:25 PM
Then, you get to study for your check ride.

Do you have your ppl?

cheesy
04-22-2020, 09:16 AM
I’m going gopher hunting.>:(

wheelbender6
04-22-2020, 09:42 AM
Do you have your ppl?
Ancient history. I was a helicopter pilot in the Marines. They let us take the commercial pilot exam based on military experience and get our license.
-i have not taken the controls since the 1990s. I did not fly for a living when I got off active duty. I would have needed to get a CFI, Multi-engine and Part 141 to be competitive as a civil pilot.

pistolclass
04-22-2020, 12:58 PM
Ancient history. I was a helicopter pilot in the Marines. They let us take the commercial pilot exam based on military experience and get our license.
-i have not taken the controls since the 1990s. I did not fly for a living when I got off active duty. I would have needed to get a CFI, Multi-engine and Part 141 to be competitive as a civil pilot.

Yeah I'm just doing it for fun. Perhaps an encore career, but for now just fun. I have an 8 year old son who likes planes too so if I have a family plane he can solo at 16 and get his PPL at 17. Get him off the internet for a while.

Same with the dirtbike and go-karts. Less screen time is always good.

2LZ
04-22-2020, 02:44 PM
I’m going gopher hunting.>:(
Good luck cheesy. For eight years, we've been smokin' them out with gopher bombs, poisoning them, gassing them with the exhaust attachment to my old truck, flooding them,....and mostly shooting them when they pop up, like Whack-a-Mole. They've Swiss cheesed out entire ridge. I'm waiting for our little house to collapse into a gopher sink hole.
Mrs. 2LZ spends a lot of her time like this.....

cheesy
04-22-2020, 03:52 PM
Good luck cheesy. For eight years, we've been smokin' them out with gopher bombs, poisoning them, gassing them with the exhaust attachment to my old truck, flooding them,....and mostly shooting them when they pop up, like Whack-a-Mole. They've Swiss cheesed out entire ridge. I'm waiting for our little house to collapse into a gopher sink hole.
Mrs. 2LZ spends a lot of her time like this.....

Jeez, I looked out the living room window this morning and saw six mounds in the backyard that weren’t there yesterday. Went into the garage to get the poison the PO left behind and a garden trowel. In the time I was gone, mound seven appeared. Put the poison in several places then went shopping for traps. Seems like no one sells the heavy duty impailers I grew up with, so I went with gassers. May hook up a vacuum cleaner hose to the oil burner...err...tractor and let it run for awhile.
My Ruger 7mm Remington Mag and my Lee Enfield .303 Jungle Carbine maybe overkill.

Bruces
04-22-2020, 03:56 PM
Well Cheesy ,your yard used to look nice .Anybody have Bill Murray’s number ?

JerryHawk250
04-22-2020, 04:12 PM
Well Cheesy ,your yard used to look nice .Anybody have Bill Murray’s number ?
9 Iron will do. :hehe:

cheesy
04-22-2020, 04:15 PM
9 Iron will do. :hehe:

Or a 20 second fuse.

Sport Rider
04-23-2020, 09:53 AM
I got a dog you can borrow. he loves digging them up and bringing them back to me. :D

PhildoScaggins
04-23-2020, 12:04 PM
Still working, playing a D&D campaign with friends via video chat, riding bikes and getting my garden ready. Just me and my dog with a lot of property to maintain. Lots to do. Drinking waayyyy too much beer, a kegerator would be nice to have.

JerryHawk250
04-23-2020, 12:22 PM
Wife and daughter are getting bored while i'm at work 5 days a week creating more project that i have to get involved in on the weekends. :ohno: What happened to my me time on the weekends? I've already told them don't start any new project because they will be on there own while i'm out riding. :yay:

2LZ
04-23-2020, 12:58 PM
Drinking waayyyy too much beer,
Same here. I call it "All part of the Covid-19 Weight Gain Program".

duck9191
04-23-2020, 01:03 PM
Same here. I call it "All part of the Covid-19 Weight Gain Program".

Every one needs to do their part to keep breweries open lol. Founders here in MI laid off 196 people, guess I need to go get some backwoods bastard to help them out.

2LZ
04-23-2020, 01:30 PM
Is that the Daisy powerline 120 in use. Read about it on a old post on the GTA.
Yes!!! A fellow GTA'er! How cool!
I just installed Charlie Tuna's GTR-4 trigger in my Gamo SSW .22 last month. She's a sweet shooter now.

Ina Ditch
04-26-2020, 12:36 PM
my schedule changed again because of all this so I will be doing 7 days on then 7 days off.
I was hoping to start restoring a 99 Honda 300 fourtrax but it doesn't look like I will have any parts to work with anytime soon due to the shipping slow down for non essentials. I may start some of the cosmetic work but I really didn't want to get into that until it at least runs and preferably until all the mechanical was finished.
I have plenty to do around the place but nothing I am really looking forward to.

Got the last of my Honda parts Thursday afternoon but didn't jump on it until yesterday, I replaced the CDI, stater and exiter, plug and solenoid. I took a pretty good fall a few months ago and my back and right hip have gotten worse by the day so yesterday was a long day, luckily I have a wife who doesn't mind giving me a rub down so I felt better when I got up this morning but I am back sliding now. Any who, I didn't turn it over last night, by the time I got it back together I was through, didn't help I laid on my side and turned the stripped shifter bolt for an hour. The reason I was trying to take it back off was because I came up with a washer/shim that didn't get put back on and I was about to pull the left crankcase cover again. Thank God I didn't get it off because it turned out to belong on the starter assembly, much easier to deal with, took a few minutes this morning to get that done. The battery was shot so I got a little jump box out and got it to turn over with the starter a few times and then just some buzzing from the solenoid. tried kicking it but my back wont take it. checked voltage to solenoid and got about 11.3 and it dropped to about 3.5 when the starter button was pushed. I may pull the truck around with the jumper cables this afternoon but not being either patient or a mechanic I may give myself a cooling off period until next weekend. this thing has been sitting Idle for a long time and needs a lot of work once I can prove it will start and run. I pulled the carb and cleaned it, both jets were in pretty bad shape but they are both wide open now and everything else though not like new are in good working condition so we will see.
Sorry for the novel,
ID

cheesy
04-26-2020, 08:29 PM
I broke open a bottle of Brown Dog single malt this afternoon. First imbibe since Christmas. Just enjoyed it on the deck while watching my gopher traps.

wheelbender6
04-26-2020, 08:40 PM
"Every one needs to do their part to keep breweries open lol."

Touche!

GlockPointer
05-12-2020, 07:40 PM
I discovered " The lock picking lawyer" on youtube, I can open stupid locks now but nothing good.

2LZ
05-13-2020, 11:33 AM
I discovered " The lock picking lawyer" on youtube, I can open stupid locks now but nothing good.
Here's one of my favorite You Tubers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XY6I71-bajo

2LZ
05-13-2020, 06:57 PM
Did orange spokes (covers) on Q. I know....they don't match exactly but what aftermarket part does? Not sure if I like them or not. I can't decide if they look cool and make Q "pop"....or did Q just get out of the groomers with bows in his ears? Either way, they were super cheap (under 8.00 delivered) so if they don't grown on me, no biggy.

Oddball Matt
05-16-2020, 04:11 PM
https://www.customfighters.com/forums/imagehosting/436655ec046d86e991.jpg

Well not technically during lockdown as we haven`t been in true stay-at-home lockdown but nevertheless this was my garage back workshop last thursday.

https://www.customfighters.com/forums/imagehosting/436655ec0010608c74.jpg

This is how it looks now...

https://www.customfighters.com/forums/imagehosting/436655ec0010614b7b.jpg

https://www.customfighters.com/forums/imagehosting/436655ec001061c914.jpg

...these are the two fire curtains I installed to prevent, well, fire and the spread of grinder spray (sorry for the big pics I forgot this forum doesn`t resize) In the narrow gap under the sheet metal brake will be the new home of a TIG machine that should arrive sometime next week. There`s also now an 8mm aluminum slab bolted to the table that will be grounded to the TIG rig so no more faffing around with the ground clamp.

https://www.customfighters.com/forums/imagehosting/436655ec03c13ecfbd.jpg

Been meaning to build this offcut shelf literally for years but for a bazillion very good reason haven`t gotten round to it even though I`ve bought the shelf bits for like three years ago...

Megadan
05-16-2020, 04:18 PM
Well not technically during lockdown as we haven`t been in true stay-at-home lockdown but nevertheless this was my garage back workshop last thursday.

Been meaning to build this offcut shelf literally for years but for a bazillion very good reason haven`t gotten round to it even though I`ve bought the shelf bits for like three years ago...

Wow, that looked like a lot of work. I just did the same thing with my little garage space a couple of months ago. So satisfying to look in there and it isn't a cluttered mess. Makes doing work in there pleasant too.

Hardest part is keeping it that way.

Oddball Matt
05-16-2020, 04:23 PM
That`s not the half of it. Got a bike lifter at the garage side and you can`t even see the deck let alone the floor around it... But it`s getting there, had to quit banging around for today as my wife has a morning shift tomorrow and the bedrooms are directly above the garage.

That said it does makes you all tingly seeing all the tools where they should be etc, my biggest problem is more like once you get everything nice and tidy you don`t wanna get it dirty again remembering what a heap of work it was to clean :D

wheelbender6
05-31-2020, 03:32 PM
Built a gate for my deck, so my grandson won't bolt down the steps. Tried to match the existing deck rails.
-We are no longer locked down in my part of Texas, but businesses are still limited to 25% capacity.

2LZ
05-31-2020, 04:09 PM
Built a gate for my deck, so my grandson won't bolt down the steps. Tried to match the existing deck rails.

Looks awesome!....and kinda familiar too. ;-)

Frankie
06-06-2020, 02:35 PM
Watching old war movies and anime. Oh, and telling my Son to get a job. Fruitless!

Oddball Matt
06-06-2020, 04:23 PM
Pretty sure I know most of the lines of the band of brothers by heart by now...

Darkrider
06-07-2020, 01:52 AM
Gaming.... a lot of gaming... More specifically dumping a ton of hours into a game called Snowrunner.

Oddball Matt
06-07-2020, 11:56 AM
Ooo longtime spintires&mudrunner player here, haven't dropped the hammer on SR yet.

duck9191
06-07-2020, 12:36 PM
I have had spin tires since it came out early access. That in its self was a mess with all the developer drama lol. Fun game though.

Darkrider
06-08-2020, 04:04 AM
Ooo longtime spintires&mudrunner player here, haven't dropped the hammer on SR yet.

It is definetly worth it. Especially if you can afford the premium version that gives ya the season pass to get the rest of the DLCs as they drop. Tomorrow they are dropping a patch that adds a new map, multiple save slots and a couple vehicle skins.

I have had spin tires since it came out early access. That in its self was a mess with all the developer drama lol. Fun game though.

I have yet to try Spintires. I played Mudrunner on the switch for a bit then got it for the PC at the same time as i got SR. I have yet to actually fire up Mudrunner on either the PC or Switch again. I got a little too frustrated with MR the first couple nights i had it on the Switch. Though my end result with it on the Switch will more then likely be different now that i have an actual controller for the console and not using the Joycons in their included wireless controller.

2LZ
06-08-2020, 11:54 AM
Building an 18x24 deck inside the small fenced yard.
Cheesy, this is the ONLY real way to beat gophers. Eliminate dirt to walk on.

Wild Dog
06-08-2020, 05:33 PM
Did orange spokes (covers) on Q. I know....they don't match exactly but what aftermarket part does? Not sure if I like them or not. I can't decide if they look cool and make Q "pop"....or did Q just get out of the groomers with bows in his ears? Either way, they were super cheap (under 8.00 delivered) so if they don't grown on me, no biggy.

Matching colors can be a nightmare. I put some "Yamaha blue" Brush guards on my XTZ and they are anything but "Yamaha Blue".

Anyway, did you polish the motorcycle? That organge looks amazing.

2LZ
06-09-2020, 12:47 AM
Matching colors can be a nightmare. I put some "Yamaha blue" Brush guards on my XTZ and they are anything but "Yamaha Blue".

Anyway, did you polish the motorcycle? That orange looks amazing.
Ok....guilty as charged. I've had Q since new and it doesn't matter how muddy, dirty, dumped, or hammered he gets....he always goes back on the rack and is made new again.
I polish the hell out of him.

Truth be told, Q was a surprise gift to me from Mrs. 2LZ on my birthday when we were just climbing out of our lowest point that life's Poker Table had dealt us. I just about had a seizure when she pulled up after work with Q in the back of our truck. My buddy was with me and knew all about it in advance. Special times....

Bruces
06-09-2020, 07:55 PM
My dad has been in a nursing home since September,and they were completely locked down when all the craziness started at least to visitors etc. He turned 90 on Easter Sunday ,and he doesn’t have a phone ,or laptop etc. so we have not heard or seen anything from him for months now .Today I get a call ,that I can see him through a closed window for 15 minutes on Friday and we have to talk on a phone .There has been no Covid in my area since the middle of May ,and nobody in his home got it at least that is what has been reported in the news but we don’t know .I am thinking should bring him some soap on a rope ,since he is in jail I guess .If it’s a nice day ,why would they not set some chairs up in the parking lot FFS .
At least he is still alive and safe ,many others didn’t do as good unfortunately .Thats my Covid story for the day .

2LZ
06-10-2020, 12:11 PM
My dad has been in a nursing home since September,and they were completely locked down when all the craziness started at least to visitors etc. He turned 90 on Easter Sunday ,and he doesn’t have a phone ,or laptop etc. so we have not heard or seen anything from him for months now .Today I get a call ,that I can see him through a closed window for 15 minutes on Friday and we have to talk on a phone .There has been no Covid in my area since the middle of May ,and nobody in his home got it at least that is what has been reported in the news but we don’t know .I am thinking should bring him some soap on a rope ,since he is in jail I guess .If it’s a nice day ,why would they not set some chairs up in the parking lot FFS .
At least he is still alive and safe ,many others didn’t do as good unfortunately .Thats my Covid story for the day .
Wow, Bruces. Best of luck to you and your dad. Stories like yours are truly the grim reality of Covid and this entire pandemic scene. Thanks for sharing and let's hope this BS will be over soon.

Oddball Matt
06-10-2020, 12:43 PM
https://www.attendo.fi/ajankohtaista/arkisto/artikkelit-ja-blogit/tapaamisbussi-laheisille/

A local entrepreneur had a mini schoolbus sitting idly at his yard so he decided to convert it to a "meetup bus" that can be driven to an elderly home parking lot anywhere in the area and people can go meet their relatives without dangering them or any other tenants. The moment people got whiff of the concept their reservation phone blew up and every single meet slot has been filled to the foreseeable future.

The text unfortunately is in Finnish but I translated the pictures for you.

Bruces
06-10-2020, 03:47 PM
That looks like a great idea Matt ,it’s kind of what I am getting into myself except I get to sit on a bench outside the building .
I work with a couple Finlanders ,they are fantastic carpenters ,they claim their father was something like Elvis in your country ,he had a hit record over there much later in life and his kids say it’s strange how people in Finland know him and bother him for autographs and stuff .He moved here in the late 60’s .I don’t know his first name ,but his last name is Jutilla .

Oddball Matt
06-10-2020, 04:19 PM
The only famous Jutila (only one L) that comes to mind is Timo "juti" Jutila who is a former ice hockey player that captained the Finnish hockey team into world championship at 1995 and again as a team leader at 2011. Not sure if he`s ever done anything musical on his own but he did accept the award for some sort of a greatest hits collection in the hockey team`s name after the later championship. Would need to know his first name to know if we`re eben talking about the same person but I`m willing to bet EVERY single Finn will recognize the picture of "Juti" if shown.

Bruces
06-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Well this guy is currently in his 80’s ,so I bet it isn’t the same guy .I will try to track down a first name l.o.l. .

Oddball Matt
06-10-2020, 04:50 PM
yea not the same guy "juti" is currently 56

Larlarte
06-11-2020, 08:17 AM
I've found some freelance jobs, read some books, I didn't have time which on. I've spent lots of time together with my wife as we did it in the beginning of our relations. That was really productive time, maybe, I even liked this period of my life.

2LZ
06-11-2020, 12:17 PM
I've spent lots of time together with my wife....
Same here. I retired last July and was just adjusting to doing whatever the heck I wanted when Mrs. 2LZ was at work all day....and now she's been working from home since the lockdown.

Mrs. 2LZ and I have a magnificent relationship and always have....but man, this has been an adjustment. In our small house, her office now resides in the loft above the kitchen, dining and living room. Don't get me wrong, I feel extremely fortunate that she has been able to retain her job. I get that. It could have been far worse.....but....being the good husband-in-tow and trying to make the best of the situation.....

I've discovered there are "good noises" and "bad noises".

Good noises:
1- The clanging sounds of doing the dishes
2- The opening and closing of the laundry machines
3- The vacuum cleaner (this one almost puts her in a trance)
4- The opening and closing of the kitchen door, multiple times, bringing in the groceries I just purchased.
5- The opening and closing of cabinets and drawers putting away said groceries.

All of these "good noises" are completely acceptable, palatable, and can be as loud as necessary. I discovered that they actually have a soothing affect on her, so I do my best to accomplish them often.

Bad Noises:
1- The stereo (any volume over "1")
2- The TV (if it's a show she doesn't like)
3- My guitar (Unplugged is acceptable)
4- My drums (self-explanatory)
5- Laughter in general, especially involving someone else

These are all "bad noises" and can have a serious affect on her work productivity.
So, in an effort to do my part, and make Queen Jung Un's work day as productive as possible, with as few interruptions as I can provide, I spend a lot of time riding Q. I'm doing it for her, you know.... Some sacrifices are worth the effort. ;-)

duck9191
06-11-2020, 03:10 PM
Same here. I retired last July and was just adjusting to doing whatever the heck I wanted when Mrs. 2LZ was at work all day....and now she's been working from home since the lockdown.

Mrs. 2LZ and I have a magnificent relationship and always have....but man, this has been an adjustment. In our small house, her office now resides in the loft above the kitchen, dining and living room. Don't get me wrong, I feel extremely fortunate that she has been able to retain her job. I get that. It could have been far worse.....but....being the good husband-in-tow and trying to make the best of the situation.....

I've discovered there are "good noises" and "bad noises".

Good noises:
1- The clanging sounds of doing the dishes
2- The opening and closing of the laundry machines
3- The vacuum cleaner (this one almost puts her in a trance)
4- The opening and closing of the kitchen door, multiple times, bringing in the groceries I just purchased.
5- The opening and closing of cabinets and drawers putting away said groceries.

All of these "good noises" are completely acceptable, palatable, and can be as loud as necessary. I discovered that they actually have a soothing affect on her, so I do my best to accomplish them often.

Bad Noises:
1- The stereo (any volume over "1")
2- The TV (if it's a show she doesn't like)
3- My guitar (Unplugged is acceptable)
4- My drums (self-explanatory)
5- Laughter in general, especially involving someone else

These are all "bad noises" and can have a serious affect on her work productivity.
So, in an effort to do my part, and make Queen Jung Un's work day as productive as possible, with as few interruptions as I can provide, I spend a lot of time riding Q. I'm doing it for her, you know.... Some sacrifices are worth the effort. ;-)

Sounds like some quality noise cancelling headphones would do you both wonders lol.

Being home with my 6 year old for almost 3 months straight really put a damper on my productivity. I go to work every few days now just to get caught up. My wife work 5-6 12hr midnight shifts in a row then 8-9 days off so we don't normally have an issue.

2LZ
06-16-2020, 12:16 AM
Finally making headway. Lowe's is out of 2x8x12 fir for the flooring but the redwood is plentiful for the railing. With a few more beers, this should be done soon. End result will be 18x24. Once this lockdown is over, party time!

Bruces
06-16-2020, 02:09 AM
That looks great ! .I like doing deck work .

wheelbender6
06-16-2020, 08:52 AM
I watched Da 5 Bloods on Netflix. I didn't really want to see another movie about Vietnam, but streamed it anyway. It was better than I expected and It was fun to watch it.

cheesy
06-16-2020, 11:42 AM
We just streamed Space Force the last two nights. Hilarious.

bogieboy
06-16-2020, 11:52 AM
last night we watched Rocketman (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2066051/), and then an obscure documentary on Paul Williams (https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1956594/).... both amazing success stories of completely different types, both amazing with their lives recovery, both over 30 years now... thats a big thing to me, as i myself have struggled with addiction... i am currently clean 6.5 months, and hope to stay that way....

Frankie
06-19-2020, 06:09 PM
Looking for a job and watching anime.
:p

wheelbender6
06-22-2020, 07:29 PM
New cases shot up in the county where I work, so wearing of masks in businesses has become mandatory. Violators can be fined 1000 bucks.
- Its a good thing if it stops the spread. Not so good if the rate of hospitalization continues to rise.

Bruces
06-22-2020, 10:03 PM
I got a call yesterday around 10am from my dads nursing home ,said he wasn’t good probably won’t make the end of the day ,but because he isn’t expected to make it we can now see him ,one at a time with a mask and temperature check .He has a DNR and he doesn’t want to go on anymore ,so he hasent been given anything except a little morphine since ,not even water .He looks very peaceful ,and did wake up a little to say he wasn’t in any pain .I am great with this ,my brothers are not so keen but they moved away 35 years ago and don’t visit often and they are not ready yet .He is still kicking but could be anytime I get the call .
Anyways ,he has a roommate that cannot speak ,but he can write things down .My dad is pretty much just sleeping ,so I asked his roommate if he would like me to sneak him in something when I come back .He wanted Dairy Queen ,so today I smuggled in some Dairy Queen in a gym bag .It was hilarious to watch him devour it in what seemed like seconds .Hopefully he gets it again tomorrow ! He has not seen his family since early March .

2LZ
06-23-2020, 12:18 PM
Yer a good man, Bruces.

Bruces
06-23-2020, 09:16 PM
Another day ,another Dairy Queen ! .The nurses said that David ,my fathers roomate ,held my fathers hand all night .Hopefully he gets another Dairy Queen tomorrow .

Darkrider
06-25-2020, 04:53 PM
Started working on more paracord items. Starting to get to the point i will possibly start selling stuff within the next month or so.

OneLeggedRider
06-26-2020, 07:55 AM
Farmin! :hehe: Actually just brush hogging the top 2 fields. 🤠

dugndeep
06-30-2020, 11:20 AM
Definitely not protesting.Been doing a lot of target shooting,rifles and pistols.I have worked too hard for what I have to have an ungrateful bunch of lunatics come onto my property and destroy it protesting.I bought an Armalaser TR10-G laser sight for my SCCY CPX-2 9mm pistol and have got it lined up.It's a green laser and can be seen in broad daylight.It is touch activated so all you do is grip the pistol normally and it comes on.It can be turned off if you don't want to be seen.I'm far away from the bright lights big city but you never know anymore.Doesn't hurt to be prepared.

wheelbender6
07-05-2020, 11:43 AM
Binge watching Doc Martin from PBS. Binge watching Dark on NetFlix.

2LZ
07-05-2020, 11:49 AM
Binge watching Doc Martin from PBS. Binge watching Dark on NetFlix.
Mrs. 2LZ has been binge watching Outlander on Netflix. I call it her "porn". Men, if your other halves are watching this, obviously we're not doing our jobs correctly. ;-)

Bruces
07-05-2020, 05:01 PM
Well ,I should finish off something I started on here 2 weeks ago .My fathers room mate got Dairy Queen 3 times that week ,but Wednesday was the last time as I left the room because my mother was going up to the room ,,I went down ,my mother got on the elevator and went right back up and upon entering the room ,my father took his last breath .It was a great ending ,because my son and daughter both took that day off work to visit my dad and did so in the early morning ,and both my brothers had visited that day as well .My mother wanted a funeral now instead of waiting ,so we did it yesterday ,yup July 4th ,hot hot hot gravesite service .My dad was a bugle player in cadets as a kid ,bought a bugle in 1943 which was the best he could find during the war but it had some quality issues and never played quite right .My middle brother is a pro trumpet player ,( he used to play with Maynard Ferguson )he played all the hymns for the service on my dads bugle ,and sent him off with taps ,which couldn’t of been a more perfect song for my dad ,he loved military stuff and bought the bugle to play taps on himself .
As it was a covid era funeral ,we were limited to 50 people ,all wearing masks ,all 6 feet away from each other ,and it was about 92degrees f .I tried ,but the nursing home wouldn’t allow my dads ice cream eating room mate out for the service ,but it would of been nice if he could of came .
Anyways we are still limited to groups of no more than 10 ,so unfortunately no reception after ,so no egg salad sandwiches (never been to a funeral without them before ) and honestly just a weird ending .
It was a good day in some weird times ,but my mother believed that since there has been only a handful of funerals taking place during covid ,she wanted to get it done as it will be a real mess when things get back a little more normal .I think that was a good call .
I am glad my dad was a bugle guy and not a sax man ,I doubt I could of pulled off what my brother did in the heat with our dad sitting in a little copper pot .
My mother beat the crap out of me every day growing up ,my dad was a boss in one of the biggest mines in the world ,and saw that I had the ability to take something apart and put it back together before I was 5 ,my older brothers were not allowed to touch his tools ,but I was and I did something every day with them .I have fed my family with those skills and abilities for going on 40 years .I certainly owe that ability to my dads encouragement .
It was a great day ,not a sad one ,90 years is long enough and he was ready to go a few years ago .He went peacefully .

Oddball Matt
07-05-2020, 06:03 PM
Sir I do not know you, or any of your family. But after reading that I might have had to dry the edges of my eyes.

Wild Dog
07-05-2020, 06:14 PM
Making my Arcade fightstick, for those who are in the range 30 to 40 we should fond memories of the arcade saloon´s

This one here, i made it after the layout used in Mortal Kombats

I still have to finish the painting the MDF and find some flat bolts.

2LZ
07-06-2020, 12:17 AM
Well ,I should finish off something I started on here 2 weeks ago .My fathers room mate got Dairy Queen 3 times that week ,but Wednesday was the last time as I left the room because my mother was going up to the room ,,I went down ,my mother got on the elevator and went right back up and upon entering the room ,my father took his last breath .It was a great ending ,because my son and daughter both took that day off work to visit my dad and did so in the early morning ,and both my brothers had visited that day as well .My mother wanted a funeral now instead of waiting ,so we did it yesterday ,yup July 4th ,hot hot hot gravesite service .My dad was a bugle player in cadets as a kid ,bought a bugle in 1943 which was the best he could find during the war but it had some quality issues and never played quite right .My middle brother is a pro trumpet player ,( he used to play with Maynard Ferguson )he played all the hymns for the service on my dads bugle ,and sent him off with taps ,which couldn’t of been a more perfect song for my dad ,he loved military stuff and bought the bugle to play taps on himself .
As it was a covid era funeral ,we were limited to 50 people ,all wearing masks ,all 6 feet away from each other ,and it was about 92degrees f .I tried ,but the nursing home wouldn’t allow my dads ice cream eating room mate out for the service ,but it would of been nice if he could of came .
Anyways we are still limited to groups of no more than 10 ,so unfortunately no reception after ,so no egg salad sandwiches (never been to a funeral without them before ) and honestly just a weird ending .
It was a good day in some weird times ,but my mother believed that since there has been only a handful of funerals taking place during covid ,she wanted to get it done as it will be a real mess when things get back a little more normal .I think that was a good call .
I am glad my dad was a bugle guy and not a sax man ,I doubt I could of pulled off what my brother did in the heat with our dad sitting in a little copper pot .
My mother beat the crap out of me every day growing up ,my dad was a boss in one of the biggest mines in the world ,and saw that I had the ability to take something apart and put it back together before I was 5 ,my older brothers were not allowed to touch his tools ,but I was and I did something every day with them .I have fed my family with those skills and abilities for going on 40 years .I certainly owe that ability to my dads encouragement .
It was a great day ,not a sad one ,90 years is long enough and he was ready to go a few years ago .He went peacefully .
Again, yer a good man, Bruces. Thank you so much for sharing. Peace to you and your family during these odd times.

wheelbender6
07-10-2020, 08:05 PM

22117We visited a Stonehenge replica in Ingram, TX. It is 60% of the height and 90% of the width of the original in England. Pics will probably be rotated 90 degrees.