PDA

View Full Version : benelli tnt 150 timing marks not aligning

tnt150rider
05-08-2020, 11:33 AM
hey everyone
hope you guys are doing okay.
i own a chinese benelli tnt 150i. it comes with a 150cc dual spark efi engine. so i wanted to do valve adjustment on my bike and took its head cover off. i watched a couple of videos on how to do valve adjustments of generic 150cc single cylinder motorcycles and got the basic idea.
now the issue is, when I was checking it's TDC to do bike's valve clearance, what I found was that on the crank timing marks, it has T1 and T2. And the marks on the cam only aligned when the crank was at T2 mark. I've seen videos of other single cylinder 150cc bikes where it says the timing mark should be on T1. But when on T1, the cam marks would not align.
and i have no clue what to do now. bike is new; only a couple of thousand miles on it. am i missing something here? or am i doing it wrong? or is it something chinese and i just need to get used to it? hope to get some answers here.
ta!

franque
05-15-2020, 04:40 AM
Post up some pictures, and I'd suggest you get a proper manual for your bike. 150cc means nothing in the world of YouTube videos, you could wind up looking at a CG150, GY-6, a 150 horizontal, among many other motors.

Maybe the cam marks are supposed to line up at T2? Without the proper manual or specification, you won't know what is correct. Normally, with Hondas, which might again be irrelevant, you are aligning the 'F' mark with the notch in the timing cover.

Please post up pics so I can see what you removed, it's possible you removed something you shouldn't have, and you'll have to get some Yama/Hondabond to reseal it, plus a torque wrench.

humanbeing
05-15-2020, 06:33 AM
... a CG150, GY-6, a 150 horizontal, among many other motors...
Seems that model is focus on South Asia countries... 57.0*58.0 / twin spark plugs / 4-valve
That 4-valve Hyosung manual may inspires u some ideas... http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6051

SleepyC
05-15-2020, 09:14 AM
I have a TNT 135 The TNT 135 and the 150 are only slightly different. (150 is full size the 135 is a mini) both have basically the same engine, just one has a longer stroke and a bigger bore.. but over all basically the same and instructions should work on both.

This video goes over how to do a valve adjustment.
Hope that helps!

https://youtu.be/khEMm1ONG2s