PDA

View Full Version : Beware of sunny sports/Scooter depot

TOYOTANUT
04-09-2008, 12:07 AM
I bought 2 TAOTAO 110h from them one is great one is crap first had electrical problems now it wont run ,compresion is 50lbs should be 120lbs/ has less than 5 hours on it . they wont return my calls or emails and wouldn"t you know it on thier web page where it has the contact us form you fill it out click enter and it says this page can not be displayed,same thing if you click on their warranty link. Lesson learned I guess !

katoranger
04-10-2008, 08:38 AM
Sounds like you bought a parts bike for the first.

Allen

TOYOTANUT
04-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Just days after this post scooter depot has contacted me and were going to see if we can work something out! we"ll see I"ll keep you all updated.

TOYOTANUT
04-20-2008, 10:34 PM
These guys sent me an email telling me to call michael at scooter depot and he would work with me but conveineintly every time i call he is not in. so i ask when will he be in and thats when i call again and he is not in again.(IF ONLY THEY WERE NOT 1500 MILES AWAY) Anyone know a good dealer where i can get a good 110cc that will fit my tao tao 110H ? If so please leave me a message thanx.

abcpowersports
04-20-2008, 10:35 PM
These guys sent me an email telling me to call michael at scooter depot and he would work with me but conveineintly every time i call he is not in. so i ask when will he be in and thats when i call again and he is not in again.(IF ONLY THEY WERE NOT 1500 MILES AWAY) Anyone know a good dealer where i can get a good 110cc that will fit my tao tao 110H ? If so please leave me a message thanx.
i keep hearing bad stuff about them

montanaoffroader
05-03-2008, 11:16 PM
Toyotanut finally got ahold of someone at Scooter Depot, they told him to ship the engine to them and they will ship out a new one. We boxed it up and shipped it out a couple of days ago, time will tell. I think he'll be happy if they follow thru and send him a new engine, and he's only out the $$$ to ship the old one back.

john25
05-04-2008, 12:26 AM
If your compression is down that much, it's most likely because the valves need to be adjusted. I had a similar experience with my kids CRF50 clones. They both have Zongshen motors which became harder than hell to start (kicking & kicking that seemed like forever) & no power on take off. Finally the light bulb :idea: in my head turned on and I checked the compression. Sure enough, compression was low and the valves were tight, that is, no clearance at all. 8O Once the motor breaks in and you have some hours on them, the valves have settle or sink in a little. Try adjusting them to approx .004 on both intake & exhaust. Hopefully this'll fix your compression problem. It's worth a try as it's not hard to do on this type of motor. I used a Honda CRF50 manual which should work for your 110 as the motors are very similar. My kids bikes turned back into one kick starters, hot or cold. Good luck. :)

montanaoffroader
05-04-2008, 12:52 AM
Actually, when we pulled the head and cylinder off, we found that the rings were stuck in the piston and the piston looked like it had been dragged down a gravel road! The valves were fine.

katoranger
05-04-2008, 01:53 PM
If they send a new engine back then at least they made a good effort to help him. That is more than alot of the sellers have done.

Allen

jenny
05-16-2008, 05:41 PM
Hello I work for TAOTAO USA and I am wondering does your atv have reverse or is it the small one with no reverse. Also is it a 3 speed semi auto or fully auto? I may be able to help you out. Where is this Toyotanut located I am not familiar with them.

DesertDog
05-16-2008, 11:35 PM
hey jenny
toy-yota-nut is a chinarider subscriber

montanaoffroader
06-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Update: Scooter Depot/Sunny Sports received the engine from Toyotanut a 3 or 4 weeks ago, and immediately started hemming & hawing. When he finally got ahold of someone who knew what was what, he was told that the engine has to be shipped to the manufacturer for a determination of warranty status. Not exactly what he was told before he shipped the engine back.

Anyway, riding season is upon us, and his son has nothing to ride. I think he's getting pretty frustrated with the whole process.

montanaoffroader
07-11-2008, 02:39 AM
Toyotanut's quad is finally up and running! After being jerked around for months, he filed a complaint with the BBB in Kalifornia, and 3 days later his motor showed up with new parts installed. No communication whatsoever, just showed up on a Fedex truck. The last few times he called them, they hung up on him as soon as he identified himself. Not exactly the picture of good customer service.

He bought 4 quads total, 2 from Gordon at Motorcycles Wholesale . com, and 2 from Scooter Depot. The quads from Gordon have had no serious problems, 1 arrived with a broken headlight and a new light was sent to him immediately, no fuss or bother. Good experience with Gordon, not so good with Scooter Depot.

If the engine holds up, he will be happy, but I doubt he will do business again with Scooter Depot/Sunny Sports.

Thanks to all who responded to our posts on this topic.

Mike

Bob1234321
07-18-2008, 07:02 PM
Motorcycles-wholesale owned by Gordon Whittet now enjoys an F rating by the BBB.