PDA

View Full Version : New Boom Vader Showing up on Wednesday - help

Seant
06-06-2020, 10:17 PM
Ill keep it brief. Bought an automatic chuckus to get around town/to school. It was fun and did what I think most mopeds do to first time riders. Made me immediately sell it, decide riding automatic just wasn't for me, and thus, I decided to purchase this boom 125cc brand new from the factory. It is showing up 85% assembled and I can pick up the basic mechanic set up pretty quick/have watched countless youtube videos. I have two questions. First, I really liked the throttle play on the chucks. It gave me a little more than a quarter turn before full engagement. Can I adjust that on the boom? Or is that a bad habit? 2nd what are the "mods" aka the things I should do to the bike once assembled without yet putting any after market parts on it? Thanks my dudes and ladies!

Big Bird
06-06-2020, 11:42 PM
I have one scheduled to arrive next week too. So I will tell you what I plans to do to mine once it arrives. Engine mount bolts, the stock ones break. M8 10.9 metric or 5/16 grade 8 standard. Fuel filter, the stock ones apparently leak once fuel deteriorates the glue. Carburetor, they run lean to pass epa standards. You can slot the screws to take the stock one apart to rejet. I'm upgrading the carb to a vm22 knockoff and rejetting it. Treadlock on all bolts without nylock nuts. Change oil immediately before first run.

You can adjust for a lot of throttle play but at some point it won't be opening the throttle slide all the way.

Seant
06-07-2020, 01:04 AM
Basically what i just put in the headline

Big Bird
06-07-2020, 02:23 AM
Basically what i just put in the headline
This is the kind I ordered since it's the same type I run on my shifter kart with good luck.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-1-4-Fuel-Filter-Clear-Inline-Brass-2-Long-52mm/153262500737?pageci=aa83d0e3-6d6f-4a3e-9ec1-8969ab70956b

As far as the sprocket not sure. I'm leaning towards a 16t cause I'm a heavier rider. Most people seem to run the 16 or 17.

wlfpck
06-09-2020, 10:28 AM
You can get quarter turn throttle tubes and swap them over. A lot of people on the ZS190 groups used the motionpro ones.

Typical mods and engines swaps. Look in the link below.

http://chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=24100

Seant
06-10-2020, 06:01 PM
It’s an M4 he says it’s “universal” which feels very “ununiversal” here’s a picture

Seant
06-15-2020, 06:06 PM
I was able to get the sprocket on, pro taper bars, and everything ready to go accept for the freaking oil change. I cannot for the life of me get the bolt off. Its positioning next to the exhaust isn't helping either. Can't get a breaker bar or ratchet to it, any suggestions?

RedCrowRides
06-16-2020, 12:14 AM
There is two bolts under there, one is the oil drain plug and the other is something else, iirc the drain plug is more to the center of the engine ,make sure you are taking the right one out.

Bruces
06-16-2020, 02:04 AM
If it’s a Honda horizontal clone the other bolt is for the timing chain tensioner .

Big Bird
06-16-2020, 03:16 AM
I was able to get the sprocket on, pro taper bars, and everything ready to go accept for the freaking oil change. I cannot for the life of me get the bolt off. Its positioning next to the exhaust isn't helping either. Can't get a breaker bar or ratchet to it, any suggestions?
Put a box end wrench on it and tap the wrench with a hammer while you apply force.

Seant
06-18-2020, 04:40 PM
Got it off, took the wrong one off first (I think I put everything back in correctly, any harm in what I did?) - been teaching myself how to ride all day now. I have some super newb/ dumb questions. I am going to post a thread of all the questions beginners may be afraid to ask. Maybe it will get some traction.

franque
06-18-2020, 06:05 PM
What's the I.D. of the muffler you're hoping to put on? It looks like it is waaay too big.