PDA

View Full Version : At@t unlimited data plans

Bruces
06-15-2020, 10:58 PM
I live in Canada and our cell services are crazy expensive ,since I am living at my camp off grid ,I have just a very small crappy data plan for internet that I want to upgrade .I found a guy in Canada ,that is reselling an AT@t plan with unlimited data in Canada ,a US phone number with unlimited texting and calls for $59.00 a month Canadian .My crappy internet doesn’t allow me to open anything in a timely matter unless it is written text ,I did google AT@t plans but get in the loading hell and nothing comes up after a few minutes .Anyways ,this sounds awesome for me ,I mainly want it for the data don’t care much about the phone service ,just wondering what you guys think about using AT@t like this ?You guys see any red flags I should be worried over ? They use Rogers towers here which is fairly common and descent service wise so not really an issue that way .I am fairly certain he has something like a corporate account and is selling pieces of it ,not a problem with me as anything remotely close yet still not unlimited would be $120 here a month .I would like to end up with descent internet and possibly use a smart TV ,no idea what my total usage would be but the 8 gigs I get now with no tv is gone in the first few days of the month .

Bruces
06-15-2020, 11:00 PM
I guess I should mention that we do not have AT@t in Canada ,this is an American plan .

Merlin
06-16-2020, 12:40 AM
I use that plan for the same reason. Iam using it now off grid to send this. It works fine. With one bar I can stream HD movies and TV. The question is can you get there signal? Have you seen there signal where you are? Have you checked?

Bruces
06-16-2020, 02:01 AM
They use Rogers towers in Canada ,and I had a Rogers phone until last summer with good reception .

Merlin
06-16-2020, 07:53 AM
I would try it out.

crabjoe
06-16-2020, 01:18 PM
Read the fine print of the plan. When used in Canada, you need to know how much, if any is covered by AT&T.

I've heard of some people getting a whopping $1000+ bill because they went overseas and used their US "Unlimited" cell plan for data. Because they an additional fee to use overseas they thought they had unlimited data there too. Only to find out, when they got their bill, they were capped to so much a day.