PDA

View Full Version : Magician stock Exhaust

Magician16
07-10-2020, 10:39 AM
Anyone have a stock exhaust pipe laying around for a Magician? I gutted the cat in mine, and it made it worse. If not, I'm going to cut it back apart to see what's wrong. I don't need the rear muffler part.

JerryHawk250
07-10-2020, 10:46 AM
Don't know how it made it worst. Did you reject the carb?

Magician16
07-10-2020, 12:44 PM
I've been working on it, but it seems to run rich even with the previous tune. Runs perfect to half throttle.

krat
07-11-2020, 01:11 PM
Open the air box, the intake has more to do with running rich or lean than the exhaust.

You did not say what jet you are running. "Working on it" is not something we can work with or make recommendations from.

I gutted the cat and muffler on mine before I ever touched the carb and it did nothing but improve. It was not until I started messing with the air box that I had confusion and that was with the idle circuit, not top end throttle.

Magician16
07-11-2020, 07:59 PM
I don't need help with the jetting. I gutted the air box, and I'm running a pod. I'm running a 42 pilot, a/f is at 1 3/4 out, and it's a 105 main jet. This worked great before putting on a pod filter and gutting the cat. Now it runs perfect from idle to 1/2 throttle with the same setup, but it won't run over 52. You would think it would be running very lean, but it's running rich. When I cut the cat out, I had tried a 115, then a 110, and now back to a 105 and I'm actually 2 clip positions higher than when it was stock. I think I must have accidentally plugged up the pipe with some of the catalyst. I'm either going to cut the pipe in two again or buy a whole new exhaust. Actually I think I'm going to take the pipe off, and see if I can run a flexible rod through it to see it it's plugged.

Magician16
07-12-2020, 10:41 AM
Ok, I took off the pipe, ran a sewer rodder all the way through it. There's no restriction in the pipe. I then drilled a couple holes in the baffle, also no joy. It's not the exhaust. Forget about needing one.

krat
07-12-2020, 09:34 PM
What you are dealing with is why my bike has a Mikuni on it now!

Magician16
07-13-2020, 08:45 AM
What you are dealing with is why my bike has a Mikuni on it now!
You could be right. I've tuned a lot of Mikunis over the years with very little trouble. Also, tuned a few real Keihins, but I'm determined to get this Sheng Wey tuned again.

Magician16
07-15-2020, 01:06 PM
Ok, it's tuned. Apparently, there is more air flowing in the stock air box than the pod in the Magician. 105 Main, Clip in top position, 42 Pilot, a/f at 1 3/4 turns.