PDA

View Full Version : not a chinarider yet........but..

Ben
01-16-2007, 03:58 PM
i probably soon will be.hi yall ,im ben from south carolina.i have been thinking about one of these bikes for awhile now and after finding this site and reading all the good infoi just may go ahead soon and take the plunge .i have ridden all my life ,first bike was a yamaha gt80 when i was 12 ,bought a new suzuki gn 400 when i was 17 back in 83.talk about a thumper !also have owned a gs 550 and a few honda 750s.my most recent was a shadow that i recently sold .i was considering a used klr but they are pricey .dual sports just l;ook like so much fun ,you go from a
sphalt to dirt any time u please and dont have to swap bikes .anyways ,i was wanting a lifan gy bur im not gonna pay 1500. ebay scares me ,ive seen some there (or lookalikes for 600 plus shipping .so looks like maybe a roketa from xxx motorsports for a grand delivered .also had some reservations because im a big guy.5-11 270 but i figured the heck with it im to old to profile anyway and im not tryin to impress anyone .soo now ive got to clear it with the wife .wish me luck .and again this is a great site

Roketarider
01-16-2007, 06:11 PM
I am in Shelby, NC, right above the SC line, If you ever need any advice. There is another guy here on the boards from Columbia.

Ben
01-16-2007, 06:53 PM
thanks man -im sure i might need a bit ,there are just so many similar bikes its just a little confusing.ive never made a large purchase on the internet i wish there was a dealer nearby that i could look one over first .im a mechanic by trade ,the quirks most of em have are not a turn off tome ,i like to turn wrenches.its just im concerned about dealing with someone i cant see in person lol.

Roketarider
01-17-2007, 09:07 AM
thanks man -im sure i might need a bit ,there are just so many similar bikes its just a little confusing.ive never made a large purchase on the internet i wish there was a dealer nearby that i could look one over first .im a mechanic by trade ,the quirks most of em have are not a turn off tome ,i like to turn wrenches.its just im concerned about dealing with someone i cant see in person lol.
I understand...here in Shelby they have a Quinqi (or something like that) at the bike dealership. I was going to by that one but they couldn't get it started that day. It is the same exact bike as my Roketa, just a different name. They want $1200 for it.

culcune
01-17-2007, 09:19 AM
If it is a Quingi, look at Catastrophix's gallery and various threads, as he has one. $1200 is an excellent price, assuming they are assembling it. (The proverbial "$800" bikes that you mail order come partially disassembled in a crate, plus you have to pay shipping--most bikes that you mail order are around $1000 to $1200 as you probably know).

The only concern is the fact that it wouldn't start, but I had the same problem with my new Jetmoto/Alpine when the battery ran dry...it was a pain to kick start at times, and stranded me in the Yuma, AZ heat quite a few times!

blimpman
01-17-2007, 11:59 AM
You will find lots of friendly people here. Ask any questions you like. There are alot of smart people on this board. Someone will answer them. Welcome!!

CathastrophiX
01-17-2007, 12:22 PM
On my bike you must fold the sidestand up before it will start.
It doesn´t look like the Roketa bikes I´ve seen.
I´m happy with it and I think it looks good. The fact that Suzuki DR200 parts fit is another bonus.

ejcycles
01-18-2007, 05:30 AM
Hi Ben
Welcome to ChinaRiders! We are all willing to help with any questions that you may have. You are correct watch out for the e~Bay stuff it can be difficult to almost impossible get Registered/Titled in a lot of States. Your best bet is to buy from a dealer, you"ll have a place to fall back on for warranty & service. You need to be careful with some dealers also, do your homework check on them. There are quite a few dealers on ChinaRiders that care about the customer...not just making a sale. I hope you have fun looking and when you get one!

Ride Wild and Fly Like an Eagle! 8O
Bruce

deputygene
01-18-2007, 05:43 PM
I am just north of charlotte about 30 miles. I want to make a chinabike ride this summer of a portion of the TAT, either Tenn or a two day loop in MS. Let me know if you get your bike and want to come along! Also, the dealer where I got my bike has another Tank 200, already assembled if you are interested.

Ben
01-19-2007, 12:28 AM
thanks for the info where is the dealer and whats the out the door price .what kind of warranty .again thanks alot