PDA

View Full Version : Sprocket for quad

msRandi
04-12-2008, 04:41 PM
I have a china quad we got a couple of months ago and it seems to be geared too high for the ranch use here in arizona. Look in akonababe gallery last page and you will see a picture of it and the sprocket. Any ideas on getting a larger sproket that will fit. It is a 250cc Thanks for any help you can give. Thanks Randi

DesertDog
04-13-2008, 04:53 PM
:D , looks like hawii to me not arizona, none the less, some great pics from all over, that quad is a 250EC ( meaning economy) not much power in them at all, .....
gut the emissions off and if arizona will alow you to, put a 42mm carb manual choke on it , the sprocket is a pic item at your local honda dealer , take it in have'em match it up ( the bolt pattern),. first how many teeth is the old one, like is it 35 teeth, 45, 55 teeth, i would probly go 86 teeth if you want climbing abilities and not speed, there might be afew china dealers out there that carry parts like that good luck on that. go to google and search atvchinaparts all one word and go that way.
best of luck,
if you need to ask me a specific ? email me
thanx Mark
:)

DesertDog
04-16-2008, 12:10 AM
I have a china quad we got a couple of months ago and it seems to be geared too high for the ranch use here in arizona. Look in akonababe gallery last page and you will see a picture of it and the sprocket. Any ideas on getting a larger sproket that will fit. It is a 250cc Thanks for any help you can give. Thanks Randi
:!: tomorrow i learn how to comprehend, you said geard to high for the ranch,
> trash my thought on a bigger or higher toothed sproket,
my daughters quad is a 200cc and cruises at 30 to 35 mph, not good on climbing at all, but the sprokets look the same,
> whats the performance like, you said geared to high ?
> DesertDog

msRandi
04-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Hard to say. on the road( we use it to get the mail ) it is faster than I want to, go mybe 35 mph. No speedo! but off road I have to slip the cluch in first gear to keep it moving at low speed or pull out of deep holes. witch we have a lot of.
So want to add about 10 teeth to the rear.

katoranger
04-16-2008, 03:55 PM
You could possibly drop a couple of teeth on the front sprocket also.

Allen

msRandi
04-16-2008, 07:42 PM
that would be way to EZ. It's so small now 1 tooth less and there would be no place for the locl bolts

DesertDog
04-16-2008, 08:57 PM
that would be way to EZ. It's so small now 1 tooth less and there would be no place for the locl bolts
ok go with a bigger rear sproket that will slow you down on top end not sure on first gear or just puttin around
desertdog

katoranger
04-16-2008, 09:19 PM
Sounds like bigger rear is the way to go. I like the suggestion of going to a shop with the sprocket to match up the bolt holes.

Allen